Legendary Creature — Elf Shaman
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to creature tokens you control.
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Emmara Tandris occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Emmara Tandris Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
2 months ago
Anointed procession would be great Truvio56 - just way over budget. Sandwurm Convergence is closer to budget - I would just add some more ramp if you go that direction. It's already a bit of a stretch running Emmara Tandris.
3 months ago
Hey, you're welcome :)
What's the max budget you have to make card upgrades? When you finish making upgrades what price range can you have for total deck cost? The precon for example at $60 is low and I would hope you could afford at least $50 for upgrades. If you can afford more expensive price cards then my card suggestions will be different then if you can't. Smothering Tithe and Birds of Paradise for example are very good cards for ramp, but they might be too expensive for the budget.
What advice about upgrades would you like?
Some cards from the precon that can be cut since they're not as good as others or don't have good enough synergy with Ghired:
- Blossoming Sands
- Graypelt Refuge
- Kazandu Refuge
- Rugged Highlands
- Cliffside Rescuer: can only protect something once which is not worth it when there's options that can be repeatable.
- Doomed Artisan: these tokens are not worth populating.
- Roc Egg: has to die before it does anything.
- Heart-Piercer Manticore: can be fine as creature removal, but I think there's better options.
- Scaretiller: too slow as ramp or anything else.
- Tahngarth, First Mate: belongs in it's own deck as Commander General.
- Atla Palani, Nest Tender: belongs in her own deck as Commander General.
- Soul of Zendikar: there's better six drops to play.
- Emmara Tandris: there's better seven drops to play.
- Tectonic Hellion: yikes.
- Desolation Twin: too much mana and the token is lackluster with no evasion.
- Commander's Insignia: not a good anthem effect for four mana.
- Full Flowering: this doesn't do anything unless you a lot of mana and a have a token on the battlefield to populate.
- Trostani's Judgment: there's much better lower mana cost options to exile a creature. Getting to also populate is not worth four or five extra mana.
- Soul Foundry: too slow.
4 months ago
Well, there's quite a few ways to make a deck quicker, the simplest would be just to add more ramp. Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , Nature's Lore . Having Ghired out by turn 4 is good, so try to stay under 4 CMC with ramp spells.
The deck, like any precon deck, has quite a few weird cards that don't fit the main commander, for example Tectonic Hellion , Tahngarth, First Mate , Marisi, Breaker of the Coil , Scaretiller etc. These are interesting cards and they have homes, but Ghired probably isn't that home.
When playing, check which cards are underperforming, as well. Some do fit your theme but simply aren't very efficient. Some, like Emmara Tandris or Desolation Twin can come down to late with too little impact. Of course, it's ultimately your call, some people, myself included, enjoy using less efficient cards if they have fun effects. It's commander after all, it's about using the cards you enjoy!
Having a faster star will absolutely help, but being able to hold out for a longer game will benefit you too, which is why card draw is important as well! Card draw is very valuable in commander, so some more of that couldn't hurt. the deck already includes some awesome draw cards like Ohran Frostfang and Idol of Oblivion but there's plenty of other great draw spells as well and it's an effect you're likely going to want lots of. I like Rishkar's Expertise a lot personally, and Return of the Wildspeaker is awesome, being either a draw spell or an Overrun effect if needed.
If you'd like to see more suggestions, I recommend the site EDHREC. You could use it to see what cards other Ghired players use, which can be very helpful! Although remember to make your own decisions on what to include too, the majority's not always right. Just see what cards are the most fun to play, that's the most important!
Hope this helps! Happy populating!
4 months ago
No to Emmara Tandris . I've built that one befor. It's not very good.
There's a player with a Marath, Will of the Wild token deck in my group. He tends to go infinite all the time. But if that's your thing go for it.
I'm sure what ever you do with Yarok, the Desecrated will be very good, but no white.
And of course I'm all in on Iroas, God of Victory
4 months ago
So I am now looking at the following
Thanks for all the ideas!