Creature — Human Wizard
When Manic Scribe enters the battlefield, each opponent puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Delirium — At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, if there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, that player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her grabveyard.
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Manic Scribe occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Manic Scribe Discussion
2 weeks ago
Enkele suggesties voor mill kaarten: Patient Rebuilding; Sands of Delirium; Riddlekeeper; Memory Erosion; Fleet Swallower; Traumatize; Drowned Secrets; Increasing Confusion; Belltower Sphinx; Manic Scribe
2 months ago
5 months ago
FaiberJC that's a really weird rule but there are quite a lot of useful humans/wizards I believe. Bob and Notion thief are human, Thassa's Oracle is a wizard. That means you need 7 more...
- Divining Witch is another Demonic Consultation and is human.
- Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip is a human wizard.
- Manic Scribe just to add more topdeck wrecking (player's can't eot tutor because of him) maybe.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance but be aware that he doesn't reduce that many costs in this deck (under 20).
- Snapcaster Mage is a human wizard.
- Tribute Mage/Trinket Mage/Spellseeker are useful tutors and humans.
- Cursecatcher is cheap disruption and a wizard.
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch is nice and cheap value and a wizard.
- Disciple of Deceit might be a decent tutor and is human.
Try to cut cards that are similar in function. You will also not want cursed totem with more creatures that tap for some ability.
5 months ago
Massacar i will be commenting soon i need to check out you deck before i can offer advice but i wanted to repost this before it gets too late. My deck:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 5 COMMENTS | 585 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
ive taken some time to try and harness Chulane's gross bounce manipulation to make it more competitive with more win cons then just milling out to lab maniac. that said the best way ive found so far has been the addition of cards that will mill my opponents to some extent (Hedron Crab, Overwhelmed Apprentice & Manic Scribe) i figure if i dont use it as a main way to win at the very least the disruption to my opponents draws is the most economical way to spice Chulane up a bit. granted this is not beneficial against graveyard play/dredge decks but let me know what you guys/gals think, thanks for looking!!!
5 months ago
Mill is fun! I have some thoughts, though:
- A nice finisher might be Mind Grind, since that can be nice and damaging. You also have Consuming Aberration that can get quite large and quite lethal. (Quite quickly.)
- For the milling strategy, another option could be to go the route with Sphinx's Tutelage, which can add up quickly. I've toyed around with using Tutelage and Folio of Fancies to draw all the cards and empty all the opponents' libraries in record time. This could also be nice in combination with Into the Story; this might be a better route to consider instead of Memory Adept (and especially four copies).
- If you want the milling strategy, better planeswalkers than that Jace are Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver and Ashiok, Dream Render. The former helps you steal opponents' threats, while the latter is straight-up value milling plus exile (which is useful if dredge-like shenanigans are a thing).
- Other useful milling creatures are Minister of Inquiries, Overwhelmed Apprentice, and Manic Scribe, each with a bit of a different niche. (I like the Apprentice, since the bonus scry also sets up your draws.) You can also add Thing in the Ice Flip as a bonus finisher: if you cast four qualifying spells, the Thing flips and lets you re-use your Secretkeepers, Ministers, et al.
7 months ago
Fun idea! As much as I love Startled Awake, 9 mana for 13 mill isn't very efficient - I'd say it's too slow even for pioneer. I think the same is true for traumatize - generally you want your big 5 and 6 mana cards to be good in the late game, but traumatize is the opposite in that it only gets worse the longer the game goes on. The combo with Fraying Sanity is cute, but I'm not sure it's worth relying on - I'd go down to 1 copy of Traumatize if you're going to keep it in at all.
For additions, you could consider Mind Sculpt , Sphinx's Tutelage , Psychic Corrosion , Manic Scribe , Folio of Fancies , and Vantress Gargoyle .
Whatever you decide to do with it, good luck and have fun!
7 months ago
Manic Scribe and Mission Briefing look like good cards for this deck. Mission Briefing over Flood of Recollection , I think. Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver also looks like a solid addition to the deck, but that would also require adding some black mana. However, 4x Drowned Catacomb and 4x Watery Grave should be enough. Mystic Sanctuary also looks like a nice addition, maybe 2x or 3x.
Just some thoughts-- hope these help!
8 months ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.