Creature — Human Monk
Geist-Honored Monk's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures you control.
When Geist-Honored Monk enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||Tiddilywinkus , TheAlmostHero , GoldGhost012 , ironax , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , LegendDeer , bradyofportdetroit , Xue-Kaihua , Falte , pskinn01 , Psycheretic , LoneCrusader399 , saj0219 , Antiat , Swamy , CampbellStev , rakdos24 , Regulus1010 , HR19 , Dr_Jay , Mousemke , VGJustice , , gildan_bladeborn , bakeraj4 , sonnet666|
Geist-Honored Monk Discussion
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I like this token deck type, I have used a similar decks in the past. Some of the cards I would recommend are, Primordial Hydra just for how good it is even if it doesn't fit the deck, Odric, Lunarch Marshal for more stuff, also maybe Archetype of Endurance, or some life gain, Shaman of Forgotten Ways or Soul's Attendant, or just more creatures with Geist-Honored Monk or Nomads' Assembly.
3 weeks ago
Making sure you always have 3 creatures too attack with with Odric seems really important. Timely Reinforcements is perfect since you can go from no board to Odric attacks in one thing. Geist-Honored Monk Precinct Captain even cards like Sound The Alarm! and Servo Exhibition seem good enough although some are a bit slow. Also like Heliod, God of the Sun
Since Odric encourages go wide anthems seem great. Honor of the Pure Marshal's Anthem Glorious Anthem Spear of Heliod Dictate of Heliod and Archangel of Strife are classics. And if you want sneaky tech Light from Within works too.
Also if you're doing soldier tribal Deploy to the Front Catapult Master Daru WarchiefMartial Coup and Conqueror's Pledge are great. Bastion Protector Archetype of Courage and Intrepid Hero all happen to be soldiers. Don't forget those anything lords Metallic Mimic Adaptive Automaton Brass Herald and Coat of Arms are all nuts in tribal.
If you end up having enough tokens don't forget Anointed Procession
1 month ago
Seance goes really well with Populate, especially since the populated token doesn't get exiled, and can help you recover from a sweeper. Back from the Brink is sort of the same thing, just you also have to pay the cost, and you can do it as many times as you want per turn.
1 month ago
Hello! Honor of the Pure and/or Glorious Anthem maybe? Then if you want to try tokens theme (Hanweir Militia Captain Flip, Geist-Honored Monk, Gather the Townsfolk etc.) I'd recommend to think about Anointed Procession.
2 months ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
2 months ago
Cards to Consider:Sanctum Gargoyle
2 months ago
Cool deck! my first commander was Trostani and I loved that deck. Might I suggest Geist-Honored Monk? One last thing, you can't play Westvale Abbey Flip. It technically counts as black, which your commander is not, so you can't have it in this deck. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :T