At the beginning of your end step, if you control exactly one creature, put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Demonic Rising Discussion
1 year ago
If you're more a fan of Keyrunes than Myrs, you might want to use cards like Deadly Wanderings, Homicidal Seclusion and Demonic Rising. You can also add a bunch of mass removals and remove the Myrs. (it's just an idea, take it or not...)
1 year ago
This deck has some cool pieces but I think it lacks a feeling of focus. I'd start by working it down to 60 cards which shouldn't be that hard considering you probably have twice as many lands as you need. Since you have 66% black symbols and 33% green symbols, I recommend having your mana base reflect that. I'd also add some sort of dual lands to go with the Keyrunes. I'm a budget builder so I think even Golgari Guildgate is a fine card. If money is no object, then Verdant Catacombs and Overgrown Tomb are the lands that competitive players swear by.
While it's listed as standard, I'm assuming this deck is actually just casual modern. That opens you up to a ton of options regardless of which way you want to take this deck.
You could try to stick with the toughness theme from Sultai Flayer and Archers' Parapet. In that case, I'd recommend Assault Formation, Sight of the Scalelords, Tower Defense, Abzan Beastmaster, Feed the Pack, Sheltering Word, Grim Contest, Kin-Tree Invocation, Corpse Blockade, Kheru Dreadmaw, Trestle Troll, and Wall of Souls as potential options.
If you love Fiend of the Shadows, you could try to capitalize on that by going hard into black and running disruption cards like Duress, Mind Rot, or the more expensive Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek. I think Stab Wound and Sinister Possession could also work well in that type of denial deck, but at that point, Launch Party becomes a little worse when you want your opponent to have creatures out to enchant. If you still need strong removal, I always like Hero's Downfall and Putrefy in Golgari.
If you want to focus on the theme of having your stuff die, I'd recommend having good sac outlets like Viscera Seer and other cards that trigger when creatures die like Blood Artist. You could even take this deck in the traditional golgari guild route by including cards with the scavenge or dredge abilities as well as beaters that like having stuff in the graveyard like Splinterfright and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord.
Finally, you could even try to make Demonic Rising the star of the deck. You could use Carrion Feeder as your single creature and/or Attrition to sac demons for value after attacking just to get another at the end of the turn. You would want to put in plenty of auras or equipment to maximize the potency of that strategy. Loxodon Warhammer and Whispersilk Cloak are a few that come to mind.
1 year ago
Demonic Rising won't work well here. Meeting the circumstances needed is difficult when you're running so many token generators and hard-to-destroy creatures. I still recommend Seizan, Perverter of Truth for card-draw. Gauntlet of Power and Coat of Arms can both backfire on you and help your enemies. Try Door of Destinies and Ashnod's Altar instead for similar effects. Lord of the Void or Lord of the Pit, both look decent in this deck. Rakshasa Gravecaller should replace Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, which doesn't really work in this deck. Abyssal Persecutor would go nicely in here, because it's a 4-drop that you can sacrifice if needed.
1 year ago
Always glad to help!
In any case, I love these colors, and this commander is prety interesting, so keep it up!
As for repacement, honestly I do not like to tell people what should they cut, it makes me feel responsible for it, but I will try...
So I carefully looked through your deck, and I will try to suggest some additional cards and those that were suggested earlier:
- Privileged Position - Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you cant use this card with your commander, it is illegal
- Pillory of the Sleepless - anything would replace it and that would be improvement
- Aurification can be replaced with Righteous Aura or Forcefield - Forcefield is very expensive, but in competitive pillow fort decks it is must have
- Debtors' Knell is veeeeery slow, it triggers on YOUR upkeep, so even if it is hits the table it is still does nothing, you shold wait until your opponents end their turns, and when this card comes in your hand on turn 3/4/5 with your mana base it must be pretty sad. I would cut it for any more fast reanimation spells - Reanimate, Necromancy, Animate Dead. Also Oversold Cemetery is pretty situational, you can cut it for more efective reanimation spells, or you should add Buried Alive :)
- Demonic Rising - can be easily replaced with Bitterblossom especialy considering that you have a lot of creature spells.
- Koskun Falls - Kor Haven, Maze of Ith, Meekstone could be better
- Nether Void, Mana Web and Armageddon is absolutely insane spells, in prison decks they shines like a diamonds, but those decks should run a looooot of mana rocks to stabilize its effects, so you can add Mox Diamond and Gilded Lotus. For these rocks you can cut Blade of the Bloodchief and Underworld Dreams. Also You have a lot of black spells, so if you will add Contamination it will be veeeery painful for your opponents, with any token generator (additionaly with Bitterblossom) it could lock the game.
- cut Underworld Connections - Vampiric Tutor or Sensei's Divining Top
- I would cut Angel of Despair, Athreos, God of Passage or Avatar of Woe for Sun Titan, Grave Titan and Sidisi, Undead Vizier
- Cut Blazing Archon for Academy Rector
- Cut Pyrrhic Revival for Aura of Silence
- Cut 2 basic lands - add Grasp of Fate, Replenish
- I would also recommend to use High Market, Phyrexian Tower
I hope it was helpful for you.
1 year ago
ive got two schemes running here, board control until i get my Desecration Demon and Phyrexian Obliterator out. ive been more successful dropping two Typhoid Rats out and then removing one of my own after the Demonic Rising is in play. i was skeptical about running Demonic Rising but it truly is a nasty card. the second side scheme is attacking the hand and utilizing Shrieking Affliction and the The Rack for slow death in the vein of a well placed Stab Wound