|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Innistrad (ISD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Angel
As long as you control a Human, Angelic Overseer has hexproof and is indestructible.
Angelic Overseer Discussion
4 weeks ago
I was considering flip Gideon for awhile, and I actually did pull one a while back, I may add it in just because of its early game presence. I do agree that a lot of the early game "good stuff" like champion and hand-disruption would be more beneficial. Angelic Overseer looks to be a fantastic late-game option that sticks to the board with all of the smaller humans, good suggestion!
I kept crusaders at 2 because I am a sucker for double strikers, especially with boosts from Always Watching and Thalia's Lieutenant . Again it is my first time making a modern deck and I am researching all the tools that can be used. Great list, thanks for the +1
4 weeks ago
triproberts12 Lyra, once I can afford her, will be in the deck. Using her as commander is intriguing. I haven't updated the deck yet, but I was thinking of using Radiant, Archangel as commander over Avacyn, Angel of Hope .
dragonforce60 I was actually just looking into Fumigate . I do have a Terminus that I could add as well. I'm just stuck on what to take out for it. [Resolute Archangel] is going to be added to the deck when I get a chance to update it. I think I have Angel of Invention , I think I skipped over the life link part. Do I have enough Humans to make Angelic Overseer work to her full potential? I don't know. Worth looking into, but Aegis Angel would be the better of the two, wouldn't they?
1 month ago
Awesome tips! I picked up a few Hardened Scales, replaced Angelic Skirmisher with Angelic Overseer, and filled out my playlet of Champion of the Parish. I'll update the list, but keep the suggestions coming, loving the help!
1 month ago
I'm also in favor of dropping Mardu Hateblade for another copy of Champion of the Parish. Did you mean Angelic Overseer instead of Angelic Skirmisher? The skirmisher's not bad, but at 6 mana and not a human, it just doesn't play well here.
If your budget allows it, swapping your comes-into-play-tapped lands for Fetchlands would be a great upgrade. If you're looking for +1/+1 counters and returning small creatures to the battlefield, then I"d recommend Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants over Liliana in the planeswalker slot.
3 months ago
hmm now I wonder if Nissa would be playable for a modern singleton format. Though yeah Nissa is usually barely useable for commander elves, but I'm someone who brought Angelic Overseer and mainboard Grafdigger's Cage to ptq's and gp grinders and really liked how my card choices worked in those meta's, if you want to put the effort into making a nissa elves deck work feel free, it probably isn't going to look too much like a normal elf deck when you're done.
maybe a more grindy big elf deck and less a fast elf ball.
3 months ago
7 months ago
I like the theme of human tribal in the deck; there are some other good humans you could add/replace to the deck. Reflector Mage, Fiend Hunter, Benalish Marshal, Imposing Sovereign, Hostage Taker, Ertai, the Corrupted, etc. The deck definitely needs Angel of Glory's Rise because it brings back ALL your humans from the graveyard. Another synergistic card is Angelic Overseer, which becomes an indestructible, invincible wall as long as you have a human on the battlefield.
8 months ago
EspioNova Well this is now turning into a knight deck more than an angel deck! So it's up to you in what direction do you want to take it, if a full-blown knight tribal, or an angel deck supported by knights.
If that last thing is what you want, the deck looks good now creature-wise. But some suggestions you might like:
- Archangel of Tithes is a very good defensive creature, but now that you have 20+ knights to take care of defense, maybe you prefer more offensive angels. Both Angel of Jubilation and Angel of Invention will make all your creatures stronger. Angelic Overseer is also very good with all the humans you have.
- Sublime Archangel is a bit more expensive, but can easily win you the game if you have a bunch of knights on the table.
- Archangel of Thune is much more expensive than Gisela, but a beast in creature-heavy decks. Especially if you also play lifelink knights like Knight of Meadowgrain or Fiendslayer Paladin, since that will also put counters on all your creatures.
- Knight of Grace and Knight of Malice are fine but there are better knights. Apart for the ones mentioned in my previous comments, some suggestions would be Silverblade Paladin (to partner with lifelinkers), Knight Exemplar, Kinsbaile Cavalier, Riders of Gavony (if you usually play against tribal decks) or Stillmoon Cavalier.
- Lastly, all the Dauntless Bodyguard could come back to the deck now that you have more 2-3 drop creatures.
So I just threw a lot of cards in there, but it's up to your preferences and budget what changes to make. Good luck with de deck, it already improved a lot!
Angelic Overseer occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%