Choose a card name. Search target opponent's graveyard, hand, library for up to four cards with that name and exile them. That player shuffles their library, then draws a card for each card exiled from their hand this way.
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Unmoored Ego occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.02%
All decks: 0.06%
Unmoored Ego Discussion
2 weeks ago
Looks fun, but how often can you pull off the combo? Also, maybe add a fair back-up plan in case of all the hate cards against dimir inverter, that would also be god at getting your combo pieces stripper from your deck, i.e Unmoored Ego. Also more tutors would help out, but are there any? Overall looks like a good deck.
1 month ago
Pretty solid, though I'd personally look at getting the full set of Sprites and an extra Blood Operative, dropping the Whisper Agents. I'd also say you could happily drop two or even three lands considering how low to the ground you are. Other cards to looks into would be Doom Whisperer, Sinister Sabotage, Unmoored Ego, Ashiok's Erasure, Ashiok, Dream Render, Creeping Chill and Narcomoeba.
I know this is for Arena, but here's some ideas for an exile-based Dimi control deck for Pioneer that Thief of Sanity would fit into:
OR if you want to see what this archetype (originally Dredge) looks like in Modern:
Though I'll admit that this second line my own thing and I've strayed a bit from the norm..
2 months ago
Daveslab2022 Bonecrusher Giant is a great card. Thanks. I have forgotten about it. I play Fruit of Tizerus cause I can flashback it with Jace or escape it if Unmoored Ego named Kroxa. A body is always nice. I will try it out when I get my hands on the cards.
3 months ago
Make sure to use a good amount of Prison Realm and the reprint of Banishing Light to really get value out of some of these exile cards, but the real kicker is Kaya, Orzhov Usurper . Not a huge fan of Unmoored Ego mainboard even for these decks, but I recommend a few sideboard easily. Legion's End is premium removal for this list, and Ashiok's Erasure is particularly strong as well.
4 months ago
- Ok so for starters your SB (sideboard) is for games after the 1st game, you want cards that help you solve problems in the match up you are against. For example Crypt Incursion is good against decks that want creatures in their graveyard.
- Shelldock Isle is an amazing card
- Fatal Push push is great when you have cards like Arid Mesa . Its one mana kill a dude. In more causel games it doesn't solve with big dudes. Murder is a card I use a lot in casual play just due to the fact it kills anything. Doom Blade is also good, as well as Hero's Downfall . - Visions of Beyond is a 4 of in every competitive mill deck. However, those decks are a lot faster. 1 mana draw a card is like a worse version of blue. If you have issues getting that card's up side cut it for opt.
- Ashiok, Dream Render helps you mill faster so i might consider putting 2 in the main deck.
- Unmoored Ego its a nice card, My only probelm with it is you want them to just deck themselves. Thats 3 mana 4 cards at best. Its not very effective. Mind Funeral mills more, plus its 4 less lands so they wont be able to get land drops as easily which makes casting spells harder.
- Wall of Lost Thoughts helps keep you alive which is always nice.
- Manic Scribe is a great card as well.
- Being its casuel this card is soooooo tilting Consuming Aberration Its so much fun I might even consider running 3. You are a 22-24 land deck which means you should be able to cast it often enough, and when you do it can be game winning.
- Sphinx's Tutelage can also help your deck.
- Traumatize is funny as well. There is a fish that does the same thing i cant rememebr its name.
- Increasing Confusion Reoccurring Nightmare are also fun.
- Another way to approach this deck is cards like Trepanation Blade + Tormented Soul and Paranoid Delusions and Whispering Madness . It can be a fun deck to play with.
4 months ago
Hey Eledain, Thanks for the question. I'll Try to answer them as best as I can.
Fastest kill: So far the fastest the deck can go off assuming the "Nut draw" is turn 3. You would need to have drawn a amber with any other 0 drop artifact as well as Emry. You'd also need a red source, a blue source, and a Ascendancy within those turns. you'd also want to hit another amber on emry's etb. This would let you go off the turn you drop ascendancy using infinite mana with the amber trick. At that point there are quite a few win cons.
Average kill: Id say the deck does a decent job of comboing between turns 4-6. I will be honest the list above is very slightly different from the version i have play tested so far so results may vary until i get more game with this specific version.
Late Game Kill: The late game suffered in the version I was running which is why I increased the count of Traxos, so I have a late game beater that emery can recur. Traxos is also a good alt win con for if ascendancy gets hit by something like an Unmoored Ego
Win Rate: In every local iv'e played so far my record has been roughly 3-1, or 4-1. Most losses have been due to mana issues as the version I'm playing is not perfect due to not having everything listed here.
Good match-ups: The deck preforms exceedingly well against grave based decks such as thing in the ice + phoenix or CatCauldron as it main decks alto of grave hate and can also bounce thing in the ice with an offensive retraction, or simply allow the bounce and recast everything after dropping a Jhoira and just out valuing.
Bad match-ups: The deck has had a very difficult time with the black green decks floating around with absurd amounts of removal. one of the biggest weaknesses with that Emery needs a turn to loose summoning sickness. I have debated using cards like Springleaf Drum to get around some of these issues with things like traxos and netting mana, but until green black becomes more prevalent in the meta I will hold off on those updates.
Hope this answered your question, let me know if you had any more or if my explanations we bad and ill try to clarify.
4 months ago
Poseidon31 I like Ashiok for this. That makes things easy and would allow me to free up a lot of slots in this deck. It would make Unmoored Ego worthless and I do like the idea of getting the other copies of the card they chose, but that’s probably an easy trade off so I don’t have so many moving parts and things that have to go right.