Creature — Hydra
Hungering Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Hungering Hydra can't be blocked by more than one creature.
Whenever Hungering Hydra is dealt damage, put that many +1/+1 counters on it. (It must survive the damage to get the counters.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Hungering Hydra Discussion
3 months ago
Does Elemental Bond count creatures that enter with +1/+1 counters ( Lifeblood Hydra , Hungering Hydra , those types of cards]] ) as having the power from gained from those +1/+1 counters, or as having 0 power (the power on the card)?
4 months ago
Hey, well done on your first real deck. On less than $50 budget you have good card sense :)
Because of low budget all my card suggestions will be $1 or less each.
- Command Tower : staple land of multicolored Commander decks.
- Magus of the Candelabra : can untap X lands.
- Steel Hellkite : can wreck your opponents one at a time with X ability.
- Fierce Empath : to tutor for Flameblast or Hellkite or Wort.
- Hungering Hydra : X creature upgrade.
- Vastwood Hydra : X creature upgrade.
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn : good Gruul creature able to play an additional land per turn and bounce a land to give a creature trample.
- Wild Growth , Fertile Ground , Overgrowth : can take advantage of these land auras for ramp with Magus + Rosheen.
- Mosswort Bridge : interaction with Wildborn to bounce it back to you hand to play it again to hideaway again.
- Cinder Glade
- Gruul Turf
- Temple of Abandon
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Mountain
- 2x Forest
- Ivy Elemental
- Veteran Explorer
- Llanowar Visionary
- Gelatinous Genesis
- Dictate of Karametra
- Keeper of Progenitus
- Boundless Realms
Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
This is an awesome deck ..I dig what you are doing...I know Most of these aren't elves but here are my main thoughts... maybe Aggressive Mammoth for universal trample what's cooler than an elf army that has trample..Majestic Myriarch because your creature output is off the chain and it doubles the power..and an elfy suggestion Presence of Gond most notable when paired multi color ie Midnight Guard but over all might fit well with this deck. For counter fun via Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar add counters etc so as expensive and frankly overused as it is Doubling Season may be helpful though you did say budget...so my suggestion would be some of the hydras instead Primordial Hydra, Voracious Hydra, Hungering Hydra, Vastwood Hydra which let you play early or build up and the The Ozolith to keep the extra..As for PlanesWalkers Any of the Nissa's would help you out tremendously but the one I thought for sure you would have for sure was Nissa Revane...the only potential problems I see with this deck in general is its lack of flying and or reach / protection from flying...so might want a few spiders etc Watcher in the Web is particularly gnarly and Arboreal Grazer has the benefit of low mana cost and land fetch.
1 year ago
1 year ago
Cards I'm thinking of adding:
- Oko, Thief of Crowns - because it's Oko
- Hungering Hydra - cheap hydra, can grow big and has a semi form of evasion
- Plaxcaster Frogling - evasion, +1/+1 counters for theme
- Mythos of Brokkos - 4 mana for tutor and yard recursion
- Deadly Rollick - because it's Deadly Rollick
- Genesis Hydra - with enough mana this honestly is a great card. It lacks trample but I like the effect
- Sultai Charm - O P T I O N S
- Mind Shatter - tbh I'm iffy on this one. Forcing someone to discard possible threats is huge, but at sorcery speed limits me
1 year ago
Based on a friend's advice:
1 year ago
Many suggestions depend on how crazy you want to go with your mana base but assuming you are building in Jund colors, here I go...
Setessan Champion is the best card draw if you go enchantment heavy.
Also, I would suggest maybe adding some ramp cards because on turn 2 you will only be able to play two 1 cmc cards and on turn four you would likely only play a 1 cmc card and a 3 cmc card. Abundant Growth is good mana fixing and Arboreal Grazer is solid ramp.
If you feel up to cutting red and putting in white, there are better synergies around enchantments in white.
1 year ago
Hey love the deck. Thanks for the comment on my deck list. Thinking I may stray away from the mutate theme and put more value targets like yours here. An awesome commander matters card you might want to consider is Blackblade Reforged. Haven't play tested yet but I have high hopes! Brokkos being legendary and able to jump around with the sword equipping for 3 sounds amazing. I was also thinking of adding cards like Protean Hydra and Hungering Hydra as solid targets for Brokkos. Excited to keep brewing. Good luck in your Brokkos endeavours!!