|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Soldier
Tap: All damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn by a source of your choice is dealt to Oracle's Attendants instead.
Oracle's Attendants Discussion
7 months ago
You could perhaps redirect the damage instead of preventing it entirely but you would preventing it from hitting you which would help boost your Selfless Squire. I'll try keep to the white theme for you as much as possible but what I have found is: Captain's Maneuver, Empyrial Archangel, Hazduhr the Abbot, Mirror Strike, Sivvi's Valor - I'm not sure on the play of this but my assumption is that damage may start targeting the above creatures so that they may target you instead, so this instant could have that damage target you which you could then activate one of the previous cards to have it target them? due to the low cost of the instant of course as there are other creatures out there that you can have the damage target another target creature such as Oracle's Attendants for example. Turn the Tables is an excellent way to have the opponent punished for attacking. As mentioned above, I think Azor's Elocutors could be a great Win Con.
As you can see there are quite a few examples of what you could go with. I have just used http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=+%5Bwould%5D+%5Bbe%5D+%5Bdealt%5D+%5Bdamage%5D+%5Btarget%5D+%5Bcreature%5D+%5Binstead%5D+!%5Bprevent%5D&color=+%5BW%5D (I'm sorry, I'm still new here and I can't figure out how to use the link function lol) and i'm sure that you could find something among this list that might be of more help to you :)
1 year ago
On the same note as Palisade Giant, Beacon of Destiny, General's Regalia, Oracle's Attendants, Pariah, Pariah's Shield, and Empyrial Archangel. Regalia and the Pariahs are great with indestructible creatures, so maybe have an indestructible commander
Also, Delaying Shield seems really good here with a lich on the battlefield. They only trigger when you are dealt damage, not when you lose life, so you can't be killed through their triggers.
3 years ago
So I'm bored and I literally just Gatherer searched for white humans :) I'm basically just throwing things at you and hoping some will stick. There's more humans here than you'll know what to do with, but I'm confident that you'll find use out of some of them.
So, without further adieu, here are 51 out of the 644 humans that I looked through.
- Consul's Lieutenant to help your creatures deal more damage
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip to benefit from your many weenies
- Academy Rector for tutoring
- Aegis of the Gods to protect you
- Auriok Champion is the long-lost Sister
- Avacynian Priest isn't toooo good, but flavor!
- Banisher Priest to get rid of things you hate
- Bastion Protector to be Mikaeus' Bodygruard
- Cho-Manno, Revolutionary because who likes damage, anyway?
- Containment Priest hates Cheatyfaces who play with the graveyard or put creatures on the battlefield from their library. N.B.: tokens are still safe
- Crusader of Odric cause you already have both editions of Odric ;)
- Crusading Knight laughs at Doom Blade
- Darien, King of Kjeldor because, while his peeps are not actually humans, they kinda are...?
- Devoted Caretaker protects your creatures
- Elite Inquisitor is flavorful, and not too bad
- Evangel of Heliod because HOLY CRAP
- Fabled Hero is pretty great cough double strike cough cough heroic cough
- Favored Hoplite is one of my favorite one-drops
- Fencing Ace for flavor (he studied under the Mentor of the Meek, probably) and double strike
- Fiend Hunter is another Banisher Priest
- Fiendslayer Paladin has some sweet artwork. Honestly, that alone should count for a lot. Oh yeah, he's also good!
- Frontline Medic to grant indestructible
- Geist-Honored Monk is slightly better than Crusader of Odric
- Gideon's Avenger is sure to get big
- Glowrider is Thalia's BFF
- Grand Abolisher... hehehe
- Hero of Bladehold loves going wide
- Intrepid Hero punishes green
- Kjeldoran Royal Guard takes one (read: all) for the team
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" because we love creature buffs!
- Lightwielder Paladin could be very rude
- Lost Order of Jarkeld is yet another Crusader
- Masako the Humorless... I can't think of a witty comment for this one :/
- Mother of Runes to protect her children
- Northern Paladin is racist (the irony!)
- Oracle en-Vec reads like a novel, but the end is well worth it
- Oracle's Attendants acts like Kjeldoran Royal Guard
- Order of the Sacred Torch because you are now playing blue
- Paladin en-Vec has built-in protection from red and black
- Preacher gives some very long sermons
- Precinct Captain has lots of friends
- Ranger of Eos because you have weenies
- Riders of Gavony, against tribal, is very effective
- Serene Master is probably the funniest blocker
- Serra Ascendant... if it weren't banned :(
- Soul's Attendant wants to be with her Sister
- Student of Warfare is good, but will be a target because it looks different (like in junior high)
- Transcendent Master, exactly the same way
- True Believer is Aegis' older brother
- Veteran Armorer buffs up your creatures
- Village Bell-Ringer is a better-looking Quazimodo that scares your creatures into blocking
And that's it :D
No data for this card yet.