|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creatures don't untap during their controllers' untap steps.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may choose any number of tapped nongreen creatures he or she controls and pay (2) for each creature chosen this way. If the player does, untap those creatures.
Dream Tides Discussion
2 months ago
Coming up with a stax ban list. First pass -
Dream Tides Energy Flux Invoke Prejudice Mudslide Nether Void War Tax Contamination Death Cloud Dictate of Erebos Grave Pact Sheoldred, Whispering One Tainted AEther Decree of Annihilation Martyr's Bond Smokestack Razia's Purification Null Rod Stony Silence Words of Wind Creeping Dread Embargo Manabarbs Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker Painful Quandary Pestilence Pestilence Demon Pyrohemia Jace, Unraveler of Secrets Gaddock Teeg Iona, Shield of Emeria Kaervek the Merciless Void Winnower Ward of Bones Catastrophe Jokulhaups Lethal Vapors Dueling Grounds Ensnaring Bridge Silent Arbiter Leovold, Emissary of Trest Back to Basics Freyalise's Winds Hokori, Dust Drinker Mist of Stagnation Rising Waters Stasis Static Orb Tangle Wire Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Winter Orb Blood Moon Destructive Flow Equipoise Helldozer Land Equilibrium Magus of the Moon Mana Vortex Ruination Bottomless Pit Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur Mind Slash Necrogen Mists Oppression Words of Waste Cursed Totem Hushwing Gryff Linvala, Keeper of Silence Portcullis Torpor Orb Ravages of War Armageddon Wildfire
3 months ago
3 months ago
Looks fun. Could use Mystical Teachings for instant speed tutor and consistency. Tolarian Winds and Commit / Memory are good ways to cycle hand. Sphinx-Bone Wand and Tidespout Tyrant are good value pieces. Energy Tap is a great way to utilize the high cmc creatures in the deck. This play style might draw hate so a few stax and control cards could help slow the game to your pace, Dream Tides , Energy Flux , War Tax , Ertai's Meddling , and maybe even Mist of Stagnation if you get enough spells in the yard.
6 months ago
Really cool deck! Have you considered Sunder to slow your opponents down even more?
I see you don't run many creatures, so you could go for creature lock-down with cards like Magus of the Tabernacle, Pendrell Mists (passive boardwipe with Winter Orb) ,Dream Tides, Overburden, World Queller, Spelltithe Enforcer, Ward of Bones, Portcullis and Crystal Shard I think are worth considering.
I play a blue/white superfriends deck that prevents anyone from playing creatures so I feel like some of my cards may compliment your deck xD http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grand-arbiter-and-friends/
8 months ago
KeelHaul10 I'm sorry about that I didn't read her first ability, knowing that I would instead recommend adding some defense cards so aggro decks can't swing you out easily maybe Dream Tides even just having this can slow down opponents while keeping their creatures on the board, one of my favorite cards would be Sudden Spoiling
10 months ago
Curse of Bounty
1 year ago
Assuming you want to go more stax than combo:
- Spirit of the Labyrinth
- Arcane Laboratory
- Blasphemous Act
- Dream Tides
- Pendrell Mists
- Aura of Silence
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
- Frozen AEther
- Lodestone Golem
- Vryn Wingmare
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
- Ghostly Prison
- Sphere of Resistance
- Thorn of Amethyst
- Brago, King Eternal
- Leonin Arbiter
- Suppression Field
- Karmic Justice
- Salvaging Station
- Aven Mindcensor
- Mindlock Orb
- AEther Flash
- Porphyry Nodes
- Ethersworn Canonist
- Blind Obedience
- Authority of the Consuls
- Orb of Dreams
- Mist of Stagnation
- Tangle Wire
- Cursed Totem
- Mana Breach
1 year ago
Hey TheSpiritombEnthusiast, I really appreciate your input. I've never heard of a lot of those cards! My thoughts:
- Winter Orb - I'd like to run this, but I only have a couple of things in the deck that can tap it. (I do love the fact that the text has been updated to maintain the "tap to turn off" rule that used to apply to all "continuous" artifacts.)
- Torpor Orb - Hooboy, I can see this forcing some decks into "creative" play and causing some frustration. And a two drop! I like...
- Trinisphere - Nice, but same comment as I had for Winter Orb. If I can figure out a reliable way to control it, I could see it fitting nicely.
- Defense Grid - Wow. I guess this probably slows things down a lot but fills the board with permanents over a few turns? Seems powerful for sure.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Now that is a ridiculous card. Must have.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council - I was looking for something to replace High Priest of Penance, and this is absolutely perfect!
- Sphere of Safety - Nice! Not sure if my enchantment subtheme is quite strong enough to run this right now, but I will definitely keep it in mind.
- Test of Endurance - This seems almost too powerful in EDH. But it does provide a reliable win condition, something I think this deck is lacking.
- Celestial Convergence - This one I'm a bit less excited about, but I guess if I learn to work the life gain properly it should work well for me.
- Dream Tides - If I ever get around to putting a side board together, this will be in it.
- Crawlspace - Back in the day I wouldn't have thought much of this card, but that was before you could generate an army of token critters. Nice one.
Again, thanks a lot for your feedback. Do you have any suggestions for cuts? I've monkeyed around with this deck to the point that I'm starting to feel unreasonably attached to everything in it.
No data for this card yet.