Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Yidaro, Wandering Monster
Legendary Creature — Dinosaur Turtle
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
When you cycle Yidaro, Wandering Monster, shuffle it into your library from your graveyard. If you've cycled a card named Yidaro, Wandering Monster four or more times this game, put it onto the the battlefield from your graveyard instead. (Do this before you draw.)
Recommendations View more recommendations
seshiro_of_the_orochi on Card creation challenge
2 days ago
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, each creature that player controls deals damage to itself equal to its power. If any creature dealt damage this way dies, its controller creates a 0/2 colourless golem artifact creature token with defender.
Oathbreaker/Sig Spell Show
MaRo's teaser for March of the Machine mentions a Legendary Creature - Ape Dinosaur Turtle, which will propably be Kogla, the Titan Ape + Yidaro, Wandering Monster. Create the card you expect that to be, following the pattern of the already previewed dual legends for that set.
Coward_Token on March of the Machine
3 days ago
Hi_diddly_ho_neighbor: Good call, wasn't aware that it was up.
• A double-faced token (one that transforms): Templating sounds like it'll be wordy e,g. "Create a 1/1 black Phyrexian creature with "B: Transform this creature" that transforms into a 3/3 black Phyrexian Horror creature."
• A card that costs XUUUU: More efficient Mass Manipulation?
• A legendary creature returns not seen since Homelands: Irini Sengir? AFAIK all the other immortals have had reprints, and I could see her teaming up with Daughter of Autumn. For reference. (A much better idea: Vampire Chandler)
• Two draft archetypes that have a creature type matters component (one of which is Phyrexians - see above): Angel?
• The tenth _ & ___ sword: Blue & Black. I was thinking "Oil and Water", but the naming scheme for the ally-colored Swords tend to be complementary rather than contrasting. Dunno either what mechanics they'll use, most seem to have been snatched by the rest.
Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:
• “You may cast spells with flash or flying from the top of your library.”: Some blue-inclusive pairing, can't think of which tho.
• “where X is the excess damage dealt this way.”
• “This spell can’t be copied.”: AFAIK stuff like Isochron Scepter and Mizzix's Mastery can still copy it while it's a card outside of the stack
• “Each player can’t cast more than one non-Phyrexian spell each turn.”: Not a fan of this, feels situationally bad.
• “Whenever a permanent you control transforms or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control transformed,”: Hoping Tovolar Flip will be able to use this.
• “If the opponent protects it, remove a defense counter from it.”: Guessing this is for a Battle card and that it's indeed something Monarch-like.
• “At the beginning of your upkeep, if you haven’t been dealt combat damage since your last turn, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.”: Interesting seeing as the last set had Phyrexian Arena.
Finally, here are some Phyrexians in the set:
• Creature – Phyrexian Bear Rhino: Ikoria-based
• Creature – Phyrexian Devil: Innistrad-based, I hope. Would be funny since then it'd be Norn-ish.
• Creature – Phyrexian Dog Warrior: Tarkir-based
• Creature – Phyrexian Jackal: Jackal Pup reference? Otherwise you could go with Amonketh, although the lack of class makes me doubtful.
• Creature – Phyrexian Shark: Mmmm yess
And some creature type lines of denizens fighting them:
• Creature – Raccoon Warrior: Capenna-based
• Creature – Goblin Spellshaper: no idea what it'll Spellshape
• Creature – Wolverine Dinosaur: Again, Ikoria.
• Legendary Creature – Elder Giant Dog: As pointed out, Kroxa + Kunoros
• Legendary Creature – Ape Dinosaur Turtle: Kogla + Yidaro, Wandering Monster. Feels kinda weird since they don't seem like very natural enemies?
wallisface on King of the Monsters
2 months ago
You probably need a lot more ramp if you're ever hoping to cast Yidaro, Wandering Monster - I don't see the game going long enough (whether you win or lose) to be able to cast it at the moment
Stardragon on Phoenix Deck color and commander
1 year ago
Grubbernaut-I figured already phoenixes would a weak tribe by themselves and figured i would need a big finisher, atm i have Yidaro, Wandering Monster in the deck for to reasons 1. as a finisher and 2. He can be cycled multiply times which allows to bring back Spellpyre Phoenix. And i have Utvara Hellkite as a big finisher as well.
enpc No i don't want five colors, three at most. I considered green but other than ramp and enchantment/artifact hate i really didn't see green as beneficial, though black green does indeed have great death pay offs im not trying to make an aristocratic style deck. As for Darigaaz Reincarnated yes his ability is reminiscent of phoenixes but since he's your command he just return to the command and ignore the whole egg counter thing though he would ne more expensive
Grubbernaut and seshiro_of_the_orochi No never really thought of Boros as an option i did think of Jeskai but not Boros. As for Zirda, the Dawnwaker while she would help my phoenixes out greatly but have access to blue would also let gain access to flying support like Kangee, Sky Warden, Inniaz, the Gale Force, Sprite Noble, Windstorm Drake, Favorable Winds ect. As for Alesha, Who Smiles at Death she was my first thought as a three color commander but out of the 29 phenoxies she only hits 9 of them with her ability and out of ones I choose she only hits five of them so not sure if she's worth it. But Mardu does access to both recursion and flying sppourt just not the best compared if when with jeskai. But remembering Zirda means that Red White will be at minimum the way to go.
Necrosis24 on Looking For Inspiration
1 year ago
I think I would more or less do the same with the commanders you have laid out so I don't have much to offer there. Instead here are some deck ideas I have planned/currently working on:
- Adamaro, First to Desire: Mono-Red group hug
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Hamza, Guardian of Arashin: Morph
- Sakashima of a Thousand Faces&Krark, the Thumbless: Focused on Brothers Yamazaki
- Barrin, Master Wizard: Modular-control deck (Arcbound Ravager)
- Firesong and Sunspeaker: Angel Spellslinging
- Daughter of Autumn: Damage Redirection Deck (Pariah/Vigor)
- General Jarkeld: Block everything! (Hundred-Handed One)
- Kentaro, the Smiling Cat: No plains in the deck, maybe cat tribal
- Baru, Fist of Krosa | Korlash, Heir to Blackblade: Utilize grandeur
- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King: Food token and Stuffy Doll with Gyome, Master Chef and Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar as the secret commanders.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape: King Kong theme (2005 Peter Jackson)
- Yidaro, Wandering Monster: Battle Cruiser (Unpredictable Cyclone/Sneak Attack)
- Any tribal deck because tribal is my favorite
Sorin_Markov_1947 on Lorehold Transmogrify
1 year ago
I think there are better things to transmogrify into. Especially since Boros doesn't have too many powerful spells to recur.
The best build of this that I saw was a Jeskai build (so add blue) that transmogrified into Dream Trawler . That's a pretty safe bet for a finisher since it also protects itself.
If you wanted to stay in Boros, your current choice might be the best bet. Other possible options are Harmonious Archon , Terror of Mount Velus , and Yidaro, Wandering Monster .
libraryjoy on Insane ramp idea - please help
1 year ago
Silvos, Rogue Elemental , Yidaro, Wandering Monster , Myojin of Life's Web , Drakuseth, Maw of Flames , Toralf, God of Fury Flip, Polukranos, World Eater , Yorvo, Lord of Garenbrig
Other non-legendary bombs are Hamletback Goliath , and Artisan of Kozilek
seshiro_of_the_orochi on An old elephant learns new tricks
1 year ago
This looks awesome. Have you considered Desecrated Tomb ? Having (pesudo) redundany for Quintorius seems important. Other cards to consider: Myr Retriever , Scarecrone .
I love the interaction between your commander and Yidaro, Wandering Monster . This is a beautiful case of thinking out of the box, veeery cool.
|Have (4)||Sakkes , metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn , BillyBalverine|
|Want (2)||Amaterasu312 , rtadams|