Looking For Inspiration
Posted on Sept. 19, 2021, 3:30 a.m. by Harbinger69
Hey! I'm looking for inspiration for new brews. I have a few commanders I've been interested in - feel to suggest which direction I should go with that commander, or suggest an entirely new one, I'm just looking for new ideas and fun brews.
The commanders I've been looking at are:
Sigarda, Champion of Light - Human Tribal/Coven
Neheb, the Eternal - Storm
Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Aristocrats
Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath - Graveyard/landfall
Zacama, Primal Calamity - Combo?
September 19, 2021 7:20 a.m.
There are so many humans in the game I feel if you were trying to put together something easy Sigarda, Champion of Light would be the easiest to build and likely the cheapest.
Neheb, the Eternal storm is a neat approach but there's not gonna be much fuel to keep the storm going.
Elenda, the Dusk Rose is so good now that they changed the cmdr dies rules to work with her. Aristocrats are one of te most popular archetypes for good reason. It's strong and fun and Elenda, the Dusk Rose allows you to go wide and tall and generate tons of mana with altars . This is my recommendation.
Simic landfall is always strong everyone should try a landfall deck at least once. Playing a deck that has so many layers of triggers is so much fun. However Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath isn't the best landfall cmdr.
Esika, God of the Tree Flip god is such a unique deck however it's the way everyone is building it. It just looks like so much fun. This will be the hardest one to build because of all the Mythic rares and the 5 color mana base.
I like the last one too. Zacama, Primal Calamity combo feels fun. Not much to say here.
September 19, 2021 10:08 a.m.
Krark, the Thumbless + Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa as a naya token build with some enchantment support. Keep all your token makers instant/sorcery spells, and run Wheel of Sun and Moon. Every time you cast a token maker with krark out, either you get a copy of it, or it’s countered and put to the bottom of your library.
September 19, 2021 1:45 p.m.
Unlife - A naya Wheel of Sun and Moon tokens deck should really use Sunforger instead of trying to get value out of Krark. Personally, I'd use a different pair, like Ardenn, Intrepid Archaeologist / Tana, the Bloodsower.
But, hey, whatever works.
September 19, 2021 3:50 p.m. Edited.
September 19, 2021 6:41 p.m.
I think I would more or less do the same with the commanders you have laid out so I don't have much to offer there. Instead here are some deck ideas I have planned/currently working on:
- Adamaro, First to Desire: Mono-Red group hug
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Hamza, Guardian of Arashin: Morph
- Sakashima of a Thousand Faces&Krark, the Thumbless: Focused on Brothers Yamazaki
- Barrin, Master Wizard: Modular-control deck (Arcbound Ravager)
- Firesong and Sunspeaker: Angel Spellslinging
- Daughter of Autumn: Damage Redirection Deck (Pariah/Vigor)
- General Jarkeld: Block everything! (Hundred-Handed One)
- Kentaro, the Smiling Cat: No plains in the deck, maybe cat tribal
- Baru, Fist of Krosa | Korlash, Heir to Blackblade: Utilize grandeur
- Korvold, Fae-Cursed King: Food token and Stuffy Doll with Gyome, Master Chef and Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar as the secret commanders.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape: King Kong theme (2005 Peter Jackson)
- Yidaro, Wandering Monster: Battle Cruiser (Unpredictable Cyclone/Sneak Attack)
- Any tribal deck because tribal is my favorite