Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Demon
At the beginning of your upkeep, target player draws a card and loses 1 life.
1 month ago
Some pretty straight forward 1 for 1 swaps with better cards. Trying to add a little more interaction into the deck with cards such as Curse of the Cabal, Lethal Vapors, Neheb and Crypt Rats. Ob Nixilis looks interesting and is in there to test as well.
2 months ago
We who are building Sheoldred decks need to stick together. I would very gently suggest a few creatures that are in the synergy, such as Bloodgift Demon, Defiant Bloodlord, Epicure of Blood, Marauding Blight-Priest, or Psychosis Crawler. If you have the time, please return the favor and put a few eyes on my deck too?
2 months ago
I would take the Bloodgift Demon out and possibly the Vampire Nighthawks. Archfiend of Depravity, Doom Whisperer, or Indulgent Tormentor would all probably be better than bloodgift. Consider Blood Beckoning and Persist as well to bring those big juicy demons back out for cheap. Sadly all black mana ramp is practically banned in modern but Cabal Coffers isn't if you wanna dish out the dough hahha. Really good tho! Got some good ideas for mine from this :) Thanks
6 months ago
11 months ago
1 year ago
Hey, good first attempt and decent budget version of Kaalia.
You have a few Angels/Demon/Dragons who are impactful when you cheat them onto the battlefield with Kaalia, but many could be improved to get more repeatable effects.
Some budget Angels/Demons/Dragons to consider adding:
- Angel of Despair: destroy any permanent.
- Emeria Shepherd: repeatable reanimate with Plains or recursion of nonland permanents with other lands.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel: repeatable recursion of nontoken creatures you control that die and lifelink.
- Sephara, Sky's Blade: protect Kaalia and all other flying creatures you control and lifelink. Pairs well with Aegis Angel to give Sephara indestructible to then have all flying creatures you control have this protection.
- Bloodgift Demon: repeatable draw at your upkeep for the cost of only 1 life.
- Steel Hellkite: repeatable destroy opponents nonland permanents.
On a low budget lands are last to think about, but there's a few more that are $2 or less to consider for some improvements:
- Caves of Koilos
- Path of Ancestry
- Foreboding Ruins
- Furycalm Snarl
- Shineshadow Snarl
- Rogue's Passage
- Tyrite Sanctum
Some changes to consider:
- Angel of Despair --> Black Dragon
- Emeria Shepherd --> Furnace Whelp
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel --> Serra Angel
- Sephara, Sky's Blade --> Radiant, Serra Archangel
- Bloodgift Demon --> Shieldhide Dragon
- Steel Hellkite --> Sunblade Angel
- Caves of Koilos --> Scoured Barrens
- Path of Ancestry --> Vivid Meadow
- Foreboding Ruins --> Rakdos Carnarium
- Furycalm Snarl --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Shineshadow Snarl --> Orzhov Basilica
- Rogue's Passage --> Darksteel Citadel
- Tyrite Sanctum --> Unclaimed Territory
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
For any users who have not yet seen the set, here is a link to the full information from the set, and the cards contained within are as follows:
I expected that those last two cards would be in this set, and they certainly have nice artwork, but this set, overall, feels far less powerful than did the green set, which severely disappoints me, as black is one of my two favorite colors in this game (the other being white).
, in no way am I doubting the power of Necropotence, but its two drawbacks can actually hurt a player in many situations, so I prefer Greed in the majority of situations, although I am still hoping for a reprint of Book of Rass at some point in the future.
After the excellence of the green set, I had high hopes for all future installments in this series, so the actual list of cards in this set is very disappointing. Hopefully, the remaining three colors shall all have excellent sets.
1 year ago
Hey, well done. I also play Kaalia on a budget.
Dragon Tempest is a two drop haste enabler for Kaalia and bonus interaction with Dragons. Phyrexian Reclamation is repeatable creature recursion especially for Kaalia to avoid Commander tax since she's going to die. Exotic Orchard , Caves of Koilos , Battlefield Forge are three budget land upgrades.
Bloodgift Demon is a Demon for repeatable draw and at 5 CMC you can realistically cast it. Mask of Memory is helpful repeatable draw because Kaalia and lots of other creatures here have flying that can also setup reanimation/recursion. Seize the Spoils is draw, ramp and reanimation/recursion setup. Angel of the Ruins is nice removal with an Angel body and you can discard it to search for a Plains to setup reanimation/recursion.
If interested in any of these suggestions I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.