Creature — Demon
At the beginning of your upkeep, target player draws a card and loses 1 life.
|Have (5)||PTsmitty , Tarzanovic , MrShhh , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , torterrapizza|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Bloodgift Demon Discussion
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
Hey, good first attempt and decent budget version of Kaalia.
You have a few Angels/Demon/Dragons who are impactful when you cheat them onto the battlefield with Kaalia, but many could be improved to get more repeatable effects.
Some budget Angels/Demons/Dragons to consider adding:
- Angel of Despair: destroy any permanent.
- Emeria Shepherd: repeatable reanimate with Plains or recursion of nonland permanents with other lands.
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel: repeatable recursion of nontoken creatures you control that die and lifelink.
- Sephara, Sky's Blade: protect Kaalia and all other flying creatures you control and lifelink. Pairs well with Aegis Angel to give Sephara indestructible to then have all flying creatures you control have this protection.
- Bloodgift Demon: repeatable draw at your upkeep for the cost of only 1 life.
- Steel Hellkite: repeatable destroy opponents nonland permanents.
On a low budget lands are last to think about, but there's a few more that are $2 or less to consider for some improvements:
- Caves of Koilos
- Path of Ancestry
- Foreboding Ruins
- Furycalm Snarl
- Shineshadow Snarl
- Rogue's Passage
- Tyrite Sanctum
Some changes to consider:
- Angel of Despair --> Black Dragon
- Emeria Shepherd --> Furnace Whelp
- Liesa, Forgotten Archangel --> Serra Angel
- Sephara, Sky's Blade --> Radiant, Serra Archangel
- Bloodgift Demon --> Shieldhide Dragon
- Steel Hellkite --> Sunblade Angel
- Caves of Koilos --> Scoured Barrens
- Path of Ancestry --> Vivid Meadow
- Foreboding Ruins --> Rakdos Carnarium
- Furycalm Snarl --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Shineshadow Snarl --> Orzhov Basilica
- Rogue's Passage --> Darksteel Citadel
- Tyrite Sanctum --> Unclaimed Territory
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
For any users who have not yet seen the set, here is a link to the full information from the set, and the cards contained within are as follows:
I expected that those last two cards would be in this set, and they certainly have nice artwork, but this set, overall, feels far less powerful than did the green set, which severely disappoints me, as black is one of my two favorite colors in this game (the other being white).
, in no way am I doubting the power of Necropotence, but its two drawbacks can actually hurt a player in many situations, so I prefer Greed in the majority of situations, although I am still hoping for a reprint of Book of Rass at some point in the future.
After the excellence of the green set, I had high hopes for all future installments in this series, so the actual list of cards in this set is very disappointing. Hopefully, the remaining three colors shall all have excellent sets.
7 months ago
Hey, well done. I also play Kaalia on a budget.
Dragon Tempest is a two drop haste enabler for Kaalia and bonus interaction with Dragons. Phyrexian Reclamation is repeatable creature recursion especially for Kaalia to avoid Commander tax since she's going to die. Exotic Orchard , Caves of Koilos , Battlefield Forge are three budget land upgrades.
Bloodgift Demon is a Demon for repeatable draw and at 5 CMC you can realistically cast it. Mask of Memory is helpful repeatable draw because Kaalia and lots of other creatures here have flying that can also setup reanimation/recursion. Seize the Spoils is draw, ramp and reanimation/recursion setup. Angel of the Ruins is nice removal with an Angel body and you can discard it to search for a Plains to setup reanimation/recursion.
If interested in any of these suggestions I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
Hey, well done on a budget. Nice Aurelia, the Warleader :)
Phyrexian Reclamation can be a repeatable source of recursion for Kaalia or any other creature, even at instant speed. Let Kaalia die, put her into your graveyard not the Command Zone; recur her to your hand which bypasses Commander tax. Dragon Tempest is a source of haste for Kaalia and any flying creature you cast or reanimate. It has the bonus of being able to do damage if the creature is a Dragon.
Dragon Mage pairs well with Emeria Shepherd . Mage discards the permanents that you then reanimate with Shepherd and Mage refills your hand to keep doing it. Nahiri, the Harbinger can be reanimated by Shepherd and her -8 in two turns can tutor for any creature or artifact including Shepherd. -8 Nahiri, tutor for Shepherd, play a Plains and reanimate Nahiri. Nahiri has other uses besides her -8 she can be repeatable discard/draw for reanimation or even repeatable removal that exiles.
Rakdos, Lord of Riots is a Demon who can reduce the casting cost of all other Angels/Demons/Dragons. If he or other creatures are attacking and doing combat damage to opponents then he's ramp to cast high CMC creatures which helps if Kaalia is disrupted. Arcane Signet is a staple mana rock in Commander. Orzhov Signet and Rakdos Signet is more two drop ramp.
Some changes to consider, with suggestions of cuts close to or equal in price:
- Phyrexian Reclamation --> Phage the Untouchable
- Dragon Tempest --> Sigarda's Aid
- Dragon Mage --> Hero's Blade
- Nahiri, the Harbinger --> Sword of Vengeance
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots --> Akroma, Angel of Fury
- Bloodgift Demon --> Demanding Dragon
- Arcane Signet --> Exquisite Archangel
- Orzhov Signet --> Avarice Amulet
- Rakdos Signet --> Chancellor of the Annex
My advice is cut the majority of the equipment theme for more ramp since ramp is going to help more to cast Kaalia and high CMC creatures. Phage the Untouchable and Sigarda's Aid are two expensive price cards for your budget that aren't doing much in your deck. You can't cheat Phage onto the battlefield with Kaalia or reanimation which makes it pretty useless. Aid is a good card, but not taking enough advantage of equipment and I don't think you need to since the most important equipment you want to play Greaves/Boots are low mana cost to cast and equip.
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
10 months ago
I'd recommend Bloodgift Demon and easing up on the seven drops a bit, especially if you're going 1v1, but this is looking pretty good.
11 months ago
Significant improvements with some old cards and some new cards
- Bloodgift Demon -> Sandstone Oracle
- Syphon Mind -> Knollspine Dragon
- Demonlord Belzenlok -> Valakut Awakening Flip
- Cathartic Reunion -> Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire
- Magmatic Insight -> Nullpriest of Oblivion
- Tormenting Voice -> Burning-Rune Demon
- Maga, Traitor to Mortals -> Deflecting Swat
- Sword of Feast and Famine -> Hypnotic Specter
- Swiftfoot Boots -> Abrade
- Mind Twist -> Myojin of Night's Reach
- Geode Golem -> Tibalt's Trickery
- Command Beacon -> Mountain
- Swamp -> Mountain
- Swamp -> Blightstep Pathway Flip
Overall, the changes are a reduction of rummaging in favor of tutors and enablers, switching around the protection to instant-speed responses, and addition of Myojin of Night's Reach , which is a wincon.