Search your library and graveyard for up to four creature cards with different names that each have converted mana cost/mana value X or less and reveal them. An opponent chooses two of those cards. Shuffle the chosen cards into your library and put the rest onto the battlefield. Exile Ecological Appreciation.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ecological Appreciation Discussion
1 month ago
Aight so we've got some cuts to make! So I think a good benchmark to shoot for off the bat is 36 lands and 64 non-lands, though with the sheer number of transform lands you have you might be fine at 34 or 35 - I would NOT recommend going that low until you've played a respectable number of games or playtest hands (probably at least 4 games and 30 playtest hands) and you have a solid understanding of how consistently you come in with too few lands.
As far as the cuts, I'd say drop: Rushed Rebirth , Ecological Appreciation , Vona, Butcher of Magan , Silent Sentinel , Resolute Archangel , Aegis of the Gods , Path of Discovery , Shapers' Sanctuary , Springleaf Drum , Perpetual Timepiece , Accomplished Alchemist , Call for Unity OR Collective Blessing (probably the latter), Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant / Rune-Tail's Essence , Elixir of Immortality , Heliod, God of the Sun , Huatli, Radiant Champion . I can give you my rationale one-by-one if you like.
Then add three lands, possibly modal spell-lands like Agadeem's Awakening Flip. Ideally, more of your lands should be multiple colours, as you have a large colour cost burden in black and white especially (lots of cards that need two or three of the same colour). The cheapest options are the snow taplands, guildgates, refuge lands (give 1 life when they enter the battlefield), and the showlands from Shadows over Innistrad and Strixhaven. There are definitely some mid-range lands that you can pick up for less than $10 that should be a high priority for you: Sunpetal Grove and Godless Shrine to fill out your buddy and shockland sets, the three scrylands a la Temple of Malady , Murmuring Bosk , Canopy Vista , and Scattered Groves . Since your deck doesn't currently have many ways to fetch basic lands, you really shouldn't have many since your colour demands are so high. Also definitely be on the lookout for legendary lands that fit into the deck well! Those will be sweet.
3 months ago
CyborgAeon: Yedora, Grave Gardener is unfortunately too costly for a value/protection spell, especially when most of the hate I encounter is targeted and 5 mana for some synergy isn't really feasible.
Just a heads up for those on the thread, you can stay up to date with the on-goings of the list, like the above-mentioned cards on the discord!
Here's what's being tested at the moment:
3 months ago
Ecological Appreciation is a really strong tutor for this, surely? At 5 mana you threaten: Scryb Ranger , Quirion Ranger , any of your winning dorks (even Lotus Cobra ), stax and more. Is there enough redundancy to make piles for this card?
I doubt it's great as I can't see many immediate gains, but Yedora, Grave Gardener does give the benefit of protection from wraths while giving you cards that can be returned with your rangers, rather than having to be returned with e-wit. Just wanted to make these known
3 months ago
One of my pet decks, Riku of Two Reflections Elfball, got a big boost from Strixhaven: Crackle with Power , Ecological Appreciation , and Pest Infestation . But that got me thinking: What are some other instants or sorceries with that same oomph behind them? They don't have to be x-spells. Thanks!
3 months ago
All of the commands I think are very good. Ecological Appreciation is perfect for decks like Fynn, the Fangbearer because there are so many small creatures. I do think Dina, Soul Steeper is pretty cool as well, however not too thrilled about Galazeth Prismari still.
3 months ago
Curious as to what everyone thinks about the new set both power wise and flavor wise. Just for fun rate your top 5 picks for the most powerful cards and top 5 picks for flavorful/favorite cards. Of course they can over lap.
All of the magecraft cards...cause we all know Chain of Smog is going to be a thing.
Plumb the Forbidden - aristocrats players are going to love this! However, I'm not sure what the floor is for this card; the ceiling is very high though.
Fervent Mastery - well 4 or 5 mana is a bit steep at sorcery speed but god dang that's a lot of value RNG aside.
(This isn't in any particular order)
1) Rushed Rebirth - it doesn't even have to be you own creature! I see this going into any Birthing Pod /Evolution deck that can run in aswell as just being a snap include in things like Meren and Muldrotha. Hell, any BG deck will probably want this if they're running creatures.
2) Galazeth Prismari - now I know some of you are thinking this is just a worse version or Urza but this dragon still has a strong bit. Having red in its' color identity opens us up to shenanigans with Dockside Extortionist . Also, it can break parity with cards like Winter Orb which I'm sure if you've played against that type of strategy you know how infuriating it is.
3) Beledros Witherbloom - essentially a "free" spell at the cost of 10 life. Makes token fodder for things like Contamination but it's that untap "all" lands you control once each turn that's got my gears turning. Now, I doubt it'll outclass frog but it definitely opens golgari up to some big mana ridiculousness. Honestly surprised canal coffers hasn't spiked.
4) Ecological Appreciation - card is just value town city but we already have other similar cards that don't see much play. This just looks very breakable.
5) Solve the Equation - it's a tutor!
1) ink sheild - I love the art and love that it's a proactive fog! I hope for more cards like this in the future.
2) Yedora, Grave Gardener - they just keep printing cool things to verse 5 for, for Yisan. Granted I think this belongs in the 99 of decks that can blink lands but it's a very cool design space.
3) Rushed Rebirth - I just think this card will set up some really interesting plays
4) Shadrix Silversquall - so one of my favorite play styles in casual is king maker and the alternate art is just awesome
5) Magma Opus - obviously not a fan of this in commander but I can see this being super busted in a pioneer deck with fat caster mage - Torrential Gearhulk even though pioneer is dead at my lgs :( still think it'd be a lot of fun.