I'm the one who has to thank you. I'm trying to make a tribal-tribal deck and you've been a huge help! ;)
January 18, 2021 10:15 a.m.
Happy to spread some upvotes around, amigo. I like your style.
January 4, 2021 6:35 p.m.
Please login to comment
Omniscience_is_life: Personally, I don't see what's too broken with In Search of Greatness, it seems like a repeatable Neoform without the sacrifice clause, but it's limited to your hand. You'd have to build your deck around it, and even then, in EDH, good luck finding it! Maybe I'm not seeing it's full possibility, though. Oh, and Orvar, the All-Form is amazing. Finally, blue ramp is a thing!
January 20, 2021 12:24 p.m.
January 20, 2021 11:16 a.m.
In my humble opinion, Kaldheim is looking like an amazing set. We haven't gotten any broken things, but they all look fun. Let's go over some of the future commanders of our hearts! I'm skipping over commanders that use fortell, as we don't have many cards for them. Oh, and the cards that don't interest me. My post, my rules!
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw: The dwarf commander we've all been waiting for! Dwarven Recruiter is finally good, and you can add in some spicy treasure/dragon synergies, too! I-I think we did it guys. We broke Dockside Extortionist. Oh, and Hellkite Tyrant is a must.
- Halvar, God of Battle Flip: While pretty good in Voltron decks, he makes for the first artifact commander we've ever had, and I know my Inner Johnny is tickled at that fact. The Equipment side is also super cool, with being able to pay 4 mana to resuscitate one of your creatures. With some Phyrexian Altar + Ashnod's Altar janks, we can make a fun mono-white combo deck! Oh, and Batterskull says hi.
- Lathril, Blade of the Elves: I'm really psyched for this general. She looks like a way to make Golgari Elfball more viable, has a crazy, but not broken, activated ability, and is one of the only generals to make a usually too-competitive strategy fit for more casual tables. She has synergy up the wazoo with cards like Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf. Oh, and one card that should be in every one of her decks, but is in zero so far, is Elder of Laurels. This card = broken in this deck, often turning your Lathril, Blade of the Elves into a four-digit power commander. Run it!
- Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider: Finally, Superfriends has some support! But seriously, this is just another Doubling Season with an upside on a stick for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. If you want to be cruel and run this bad boy as a commander, stax/superfriends seems the way to go. Say hello to Smokestack!
- Toski, Bearer of Secrets: And people said Green couldn't draw cards! Why did they have to print another Edric, Spymaster of Trest? This card is also an indestructible blocker with cards like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal. Oh, and it can't be countered. Why? Because green.
- Valki, God of Lies Flip: This card is super fun. It's like a Lazav, the Multifarious but you get to use your opponent's creatures. But where this 'lil trickster god really shines is in the 99. But more specifically, in the 99 of The First Sliver. See, you can cascade into Valki, God of Lies Flip, but instead of casting the small side, you can just windmill-slam Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor on Turn 4. Fun!
- Sarulf, Realm Eater: Golgari Control is a thing, I guess? Stack your deck like card:Skullbrair, the Walking Grave does, but instead of going for the voltron combos, instead, you wipe your opponent's board every turn. Evolutionary Escalation is a must. Who cares about an 8/8 on your opponent's side when it's dead?
- Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip: Man, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain sure got a lot of new goodies in this set! This card is unfortunately not great as a commander. If I'm playing mono-green legends, I'd rather play Reki, the History of Kamigawa.
- Tergrid, God of Fright Flip: I love this card. There. I've said it. I'm done. This goes in so many different decks: Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Tinybones, Trinket Thief, Malfegor, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, the list goes on and on! As a commander, she's kill-on-sigh. A single Smallpox just wins you the game.
- Vega, the Watcher: I'll say it: This is probably the most powerful uncommon commander ever printed. This triggers off of so many things: Elsha of the Infinite, Flahsback, Cascade, Retrace, Future Sight, Suspend, Adventure, Foretell, Impulse Draw, etc. Need I say more?
January 20, 2021 10:54 a.m.
I was wondering if you can cast Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor if you flip Valki, God of Lies Flip using Grenzo, Dungeon Warden. I know you can cascade into Tibalt instead of Valki, but Grenzo, Dungeon Warden has a different clause, with put, instead of cast. So does this work? Thanks!
January 19, 2021 7:38 a.m.
If you tell me what kind of deck you're building, I'll try and help. I'm glad my deck was of assistance!
January 18, 2021 1:21 p.m.
Hey man, thanks for the upvote! I always appreciate it.
January 18, 2021 9:24 a.m.
People have always strived for something bigger. Something bigger. Some Johnnies of the world never wanted their Arcum Dagsson to be just one color, the resident Timmies always thirsted for an Omnath, Locus of Rage that wasn't confined to just Gruul. Or at least, I did. This strategy of having a bunch of tutors used to be very shaky, because half your deck would be recursion, tutors, and reanimation to keep your pseudo-general alive. Luckily, with the printing of Sisay, Weatherlight Captain, you have a legendary tutor in the command zone, and now, you only have to dedicate about 5 slots to finding your commander. The rest is up to you!
Personally, the commander I've wanted to try this on has been the face of Grixis Herself, Marchesa, the Black Rose (sorry, Lord of Tresserhorn). You get a ridiculous amount by adding Selesnya. You get enter the battlefield and death triggers like no other: Guardian Project, Stonehorn Dignitary, and my personal favorite, Gutter Grime. You get amazing ramp, like Sakura-Tribe Elder and Viridian Emissary, and the best sac outlet in the game, Fanatical Devotion.
But there's one thing I haven't talked about: Rhythm of the Wild and friends (Grumgully, the Generous, Renata, Called to the Hunt, Good-Fortune Unicorn, etc) . These cards are broken, leading to pseudo-infinites, locking your opponents out of their combat steps forever, invincible boardstates, hundreds of tokens per turn cycle, etc. So, what do you think? Do you have any commanders that could use this treatment? Any suggestions for cards for this deck? Well, thanks for sitting through this ramble, and as always, Happy Tapping!
January 15, 2021 5:16 p.m.
January 15, 2021 9:09 a.m.
Hey, MagmaArmor0, thanks for the suggestions! I don't actually want to go infinite, so I'll keep out the Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, and I think Whir of Invention is a bit to color-heavy for the deck. Sylvan Scrying and Hour of Promise, though... those are amazing! I can find Inventors' Fair and The World Tree, instead of either/or. Thanks so much!
January 15, 2021 7:05 a.m.
I have a pretty decent collection, nothing to crazy, but I have a couple of valuble edh staples (Vampiric Tutor, Dockside Extortionist, Kindred Dominance, etc.). I have a bunch of draft chaff, and a bunch of better cards. I can build whatever, but want to stay on a budget. Does this help?
January 14, 2021 2:52 p.m.
Thanks for the response, Ramble! I've never made a boros, dimir, simic, jeskai, or jund deck, so do you have any good ideas for fun commanders?
January 14, 2021 12:45 p.m.
I, unfortunately, do not have a playgroup. I can't play magic consistently, and I've played like 8 matches since my LGS stopped doing FNMs for a while. The only person I can play with often is with my cousin, but he's pretty casual, while I'm trying to make more powerful decks. So I want to try and make a deck that's pretty casual and fun to play against, but that feels good to play and not a one spell a turn durdlefest. I've heard great things about Zedruu the Greathearted, but he seems more multiplayer-focused. Does anyone have any suggestions? And if you know a way to play magic consistently, or find a virtual playgroup, let me know. Thanks!
January 14, 2021 10:57 a.m.
Hey man, I love the deck! One suggestion: Mirrorweave. I don't know what it could do in the deck, but it would be busted. And speaking of busted, since you seem to be the resident big number Johnny/Timmy, I was wondering if you could take a gander at my deck, The Infinite Foundries of Eternal Gods. I've tried to create the biggest deck I could, and would love some suggestions. Mostly, how do you edit a deck with a number this big? I'm having trouble navigating the deck editing section, it keeps freezing up.
January 13, 2021 12:14 p.m.
January 13, 2021 7:48 a.m.
- Mcat1999: I'm using Golos, Tireless Pilgrim because personally, I'd rather opt for a more glass-cannon build with consistency (I know, that sentence sounds weird to me too), instead of solid but neutered gameplan. Golos makes sure we always have access to Maskwood Nexus, and Morophon, while giving you one tribe, makes your deck a lot less explosive. Also, thanks for the Winota, Joiner of Forces heads-up. I wanted that to work so bad, but that's one more slot, I guess! Also, those suggestions are great. I'd already thought of Risen Reef and Lathliss, Dragon Queen, but the rest are amazing cards I'd never have found.
January 10, 2021 6:14 p.m.
Yeah, those are great! Edgewalker is amazing because he also ramps you on notable card Battletide Alchemist. Oh, and I just thought of the best card for the deck: Winota, Joiner of Forces. This card is broken, giving you every creature you could ever want.
January 10, 2021 5:33 p.m.
Tribal has always been somewhat of a white whale for me. I've been enamored with the idea of everything synergizing with everything, but it always came out bland and stale. But the Wizards decided to print this:
Your tribal tribal dreams have come to fruition! My deck idea is to have a Golos, Tireless Pilgrim as the commander, tutor up Inventors' Fair, and then tutor up this, so we have access to Maskwood Nexus all the time. So, some of the obvious includes would be artifact tutors for redundancy (Fabricate, Tezzeret the Seeker), recursion (Regrowth), good artifact tribal cards (Door of Destinies, Didgeridoo, Cryptic Gateway), and the best tribal cards WotC has to offer! There are some other promising includes from Kaldheim, like these:
So, what cards am I missing? Any whacky tribal synergies I've forgotten? Any staple Golos includes? Let me know, and as always, Happy Tapping!
January 10, 2021 4:28 p.m.
I was specifically not running Necropotence because it's stupid broken. It's a feel-bad, especially because this deck isn't supposed to be good.
January 8, 2021 10:40 a.m.
Does Phenax, God of Deception have the creature type while in the graveyard, or is it just an enchantment?
January 8, 2021 8:34 a.m.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 10 | 13 COMMENTS | 502 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 10 | 18 COMMENTS | 515 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 3 | 5 COMMENTS | 127 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 20 | 28 COMMENTS | 1374 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 17 | 4 COMMENTS | 2089 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 9 | 4 COMMENTS | 344 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
|Playing since||Shadows over Innistrad|
|Avg. deck rating||5.59|
|Favorite formats||Commander / EDH|
|Good Card Suggestions||14|
|Venues||Time Warp Comics|
|Last activity||1 day|