Please login to comment
precociousapprentice: That's completely fair, it took me a while before I hopped on the train as well. I'm currently making a server for Yeva and you seem quite versed with the deck, so I wanted to see if I could bounce some ideas off of you.
August 11, 2020 7:32 p.m.
Thank you so much for the suggestion and the upvote!
August 11, 2020 6:31 p.m. Edited.
precociousapprentice: Do you have a discord? Cause you legit blew me away with your comment and I am so freaking honored. Speechless even.
That seals it... Kogla is not viable over regal. I can rest easy.
Hmu, please! Inkmoth#4507
August 9, 2020 11:19 p.m.
SynergyBuild: it's definitely not Cloudstone Curio and it's not what's up to get cut for Kogla. However, Kogla, the Titan Ape is a way better contingency plan with Hyrax Tower Scout, which would be the perfect candidate for the slot in just by being tutorable. The issue is finding a slot for the Ape himself. My recent spitball was Regal Force because:
One less; lowers curve (I know I'm reaching but I want this APE)
Eldritch can now search anything off of a Yeva sac
Selvala is LOADS stronger with it. Regal having only 5 power made domination lines impossible, so gog/bellower always.
Tutorable duplicant that deals with problem creatures I can't deal with if I don't draw Beast Within instant speed, or have Mouth of Ronom, or Ulvenwald Tracker w/o ss. Can be snuck out with Chord of Calling too :D
More artifact/enchantment removal!
We have Hyrax Tower Scout and Eternal Witness, yes (which could get us an outlet). However, Karametra's Acolyte with Thousand-Year Elixir on the field can be bounced as well for infinite, niche I know, but mentionable. (Leave me alone, I know I'm reaching)
Con: I lose an average of 4-6 card draws for 7 Mana..... Why does this rip my heart to shreds? Help me please!!
At this point I'm gonna take out a land... Jk, idk maybe. Help. I need spoilers to stop thinking about the Kogla+Hyrax package.
precociousapprentice: Love it!!! I agree, the core of the deck is basically the same, I just love seeing the what people chose in place of other things to see different flavors. The Emerald Medallion is great! You don't have to remove it, as it doesn't hurt it :).
August 9, 2020 9:34 p.m.
precociousapprentice: I'm a little confused by the end of your comment and I wanted to understand what list you're running and if I could see the list as well for clarification. My takeaway was that you're running your variation of her and I am absolutely honored :).
Hyrax Tower Scout: As I've mentioned in my last update, this card is just amazing and I wholeheartedly agree with your stance on it. I just need to come up with 2 slots that won't spike up my AVG cmc. So far, adding this and Kogla, the Titan Ape would definitely replace Cloudstone Curio as a more reliable contingency. I'm actively looking to slot this in, so stay tuned, the moment I figure it out it's going in. :)
Destiny Spinner: Before this card came out I would stay up at night trying to justify Elemental Uprising, Natural Affinity, or Sylvan Awakening just so I could animate the cradle lands during explosive Crop Rotation turns. At the end, those cards were deemed useless since they did nothing outside of animating cradle lands. Then Destiny Spinner was printed and it gave us everything we wanted out of Elemental Uprising, WHILE being a counter that can block Tymna the Weaver. So, I'm super happy I could put you on to its applications.
Emerald Medallion: I have to say, one of the selling points I got when it came to removing it was its uselessness during draw-out turns and BOY has that been a good selling point. I hate drawing this when I rather have a creature. I low-key miss it, but it hasn't crippled the deck in the slightest.
Eldritch Evolution/Natural Order: I've had this discussion before and these two are unfortunately non-negotiable, we love straight to the field tutors that can practically get us anything in the deck.
Tangle Wire: as you've stated, it's a perfect way to slow the game down to our level and to add to its inherent ability to break parity, the Flash mechanic puts us further ahead by allowing us to flash in spells during the tap trigger.
August 9, 2020 2:45 p.m.
Can I see an example of what you're referring to?
August 6, 2020 11:52 a.m.
For those who're following the thread, Uzeep's questions were answered via Discord. However, the main thing I wanted to address in his comment is his mention of tutoring Shaman of Forgotten Ways. It is NEVER in our gameplan to tutor this, so we never care about where this card is until we've established Infinite Mana and an Outlet, only then do we look for kill loops which is also when the sky's the limit.
Due to his region certain cards were unavailable, so we also brewed up some changes to rectify this. His variation will be exactly the same with the following exceptions:
August 3, 2020 2:55 p.m.
WUBRG87: Thank you so much for the upvote! Feel free to hmu if you have any questions :D
August 3, 2020 8:31 a.m.
Kamerot: The issue with this card is that not only is it too expensive manawise, we typically don't care about combat at all :/
A 4/4 is a good enough blocker most of the time as well.
August 3, 2020 1:43 a.m.
I am absolutely delighted by your comment and I am very honored to know it's your first deck. Thank you so much!!! <3
1) Kogla, the Titan Ape + Hyrax Tower Scout are absolutely perfect replacements, also opens lines up with Eternal Witness for Benefactor's Draught/Vitalize/Touch of Vitae (I'll address this one dw). I wouldn't say slower, since we can actually tutor it whereas Cloudstone Curio has to be drawn or topped off with Genesis Hydra.
2) Heartwood Storyteller has been quite the critical piece, however, I can see it being replaced by Ohran Frostfang, though I were leaning a little into the top-heavy side with this build. I hope your meta isn't too fast as this deck falls by the wayside in T4 metas. As for Touch of Vitae, this is a bit of a lynchpin of sorts as haste the MAIN reason we run it, it ensures that the dork we brought out can actually be used and to win... with an untap. I wouldn't compromise on this card, if it's too difficult for you to obtain add my discord I might be able to help you out. (Inkmoth#4507)
3) Glademuse should be played:
- When you can guarantee 1-2 draws on the rotation you drop it,
- Early on, as most decks are in set up.
- Outlet; try to seal your loops with Prowling Serpopard or bouncing the muse if better outlet achieved
- This one applies to Heartwood Storyteller as well: right before a combo player is going to try to win. i.e resp to Ad Nauseam. We want to give our opponents cards in these situations. The more of the deck we see the easier it becomes to set up lines.
- This is more of practice makes perfect bullet, but the MORE your familiarize yourself with the deck you'll see how giving your opponents cards is meaningless if you can win on top of their wincons. So if you see a line don't jam it out, just wait till the last possible moment.
On discord I would be more than happy to discuss your meta to better assess Glademuse timing
- Castle Garenbrig: Run it, doesn't hurt. I'll slot it in! Thank you! :)
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate: Same reason we don't run Vizier of the Menagerie, except it costs 5, it's sorc speed, it's random and we don't manipulate the top of the deck too much.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed: I love it, haven't found a slot for it though. Maybe if Glademuse is that much of an issue this can be your outlet... though drawing is substantially stronger.
August 2, 2020 3:43 a.m.
I just don't see that as justification enough though :/
August 1, 2020 11:12 a.m. Edited.
SynergyBuild: It has won me so many freaking games, I have lost count. That card was made for this deck, if you ask me lol.
July 31, 2020 3:22 p.m.
King_marchesa: Autumn's Veil is currently in the budget version and as much I would love to slot it in, it seems more superfluous than ever with the printing of Allosaurus Shepherd. However, I am actively always looking for a way to slot Autumn back in, so if I figure that out, you'll be the first to know! :)
July 31, 2020 2:11 p.m. Edited.
King_marchesa: I have, but I have too many colorless Mana producing lands as it is and the discard is actually a Fail-Safe to get certain cards in my hand into the gy to be able to interact with them which is why I prefer the Geier Reach Sanitarium.
This also coming from someone who wants to run Bonders' Enclave.
July 30, 2020 10:42 p.m.
TheSeffMan: I have, actually! Thank you so much for reminding me of this card, I've been considering it for the budget version, but I couldn't recall its name.
Umm... I REALLY like it, I also love that opponents can proc it and that it could also hit lands, I just find it a little clunky tbh. :/
I'd be happy to test it out again and let you know, but I just don't see it being TOO good. We'll see, expect to see it in Budget ver most likely.
July 26, 2020 11:47 p.m.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 380 | 572 COMMENTS | 56311 VIEWS | IN 118 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 92 | 84 COMMENTS | 7673 VIEWS | IN 41 FOLDERS
|Avg. deck rating||162.00|
|Favorite formats||Commander / EDH|
|Suppressed formats||Legacy, Heirloom, Modern, Casual, Hero, Block Constructed, Duel Commander, Magic Duels, Frontier, Leviathan, Canadian Highlander, Brawl, Arena|
|Good Card Suggestions||13|
|Last activity||2 days|