Knight of Grace
Creature — Human Knight
Hexproof from Black (This creature can't be the target of black spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Knight of Grace gets +1/+0 as long as any player controls a black permanent.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Knight of Grace occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.11%
Knight of Grace Discussion
3 hours ago
Lanzo493, I was able to confirm with a judge that Kathril will count Knight of Grace / Malice as Hexproof. "Hexproof from..." is a variant of hexproof and anything that checks for Hexproof will see these cards. Also with the way Kathril is worded, he will still enter with a straight Hexproof counter, not a "Hexproof from Black" counter.
Thank you for the suggestions! Do you have any recommendations on how many grave fillers I should run, how many keyword soup creatures I need, things like that? I think I have a good list of cards here but having trouble finding the balance.
3 hours ago
Archangel of Thune is a great wincon, and has some alphabet soup too. She works even better if you give her first strike, or if you give another creature first strike and lifelink, that way you get 2 triggers from her ability (all lifelink abilities gain life at the same time unless damage is done separately).
With a deck like this, you are putting a lot of value into individual creatures. The one thing that will absolutely destroy you is board wipes. You'll need a way to bounce back. That can either be with reanimation or with plain old card advantage. Nikara, Lair Scavenger will help with that.
1 day ago
Note how Kathril is worded. It is looking for a creature card with hexproof, which it finds in the case of Knight of Grace, but Kathril only says to put a hexproof counter on a creature if that condition is meant. So, your choice of creature would get a hexproof counter, not a hexproof from black counter.
1 day ago
1 month ago
5 months ago
Hey, nice start. Cards to consider cutting to make 99:
- Bond of Discipline
- Campaign of Vengeance
- Venser's Journal
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Dowsing Dagger
- Belle of the Brawl
- Brimstone Trebuchet
- Burnished Hart
- Icon of Ancestry
- Words of Worship
- Goblin War Drums
- Door of Destinies
- Whispersilk Cloak
I think rather than aggressive overrun the battlefield with Knights instead play ones that are good with equipment who have evasion, more of a midrange strategy. I suggest this because there's a lot of equipment here which is taking the place of Knights and equipment are midrange cards. I think if you want to play an aggressive overrun strategy with Knights that you want to reduce the amount of equipment and increase the amount of low mana cost Knights especially two drops such as Knight of Grace , Knight of Malice , Stormfist Crusader , etc.
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Gamble : tutor for any card.
- Open the Armory : tutor for an equipment.
- Silverblade Paladin : double strike is good with equipment.
- Mirran Crusader : double strike.
- Sunforger : one of the best equipment in Commander and being able to consistently reduce the equip cost to 0 is good.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar : 0 creates a 2/2 Knight, -4 can be a repeatable anthem. Gideon holds equipment well.
- Gideon Blackblade : nonfoil version is $6, +1 is very good with creature strategies, -6 is exile removal.
- Sun Titan : repeatable reanimation of a Knight or three drop or less equipment/enchantment. Can reanimate History of Benalia or Knights' Charge .
- Mistveil Plains
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Exotic Orchard
- Ash Barrens
- Isolated Chapel
- Clifftop Retreat
Cards to consider cutting:
- Temple of the False God
- Terramorphic Expanse
- 5x Plains
- Embereth Shieldbreaker
- Order of Midnight
- Foulmire Knight
- Vanquisher's Banner
- Basilisk Collar
- Cathars' Crusade
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
6 months ago
Add: Wayfarer's Bauble Sword of the Animist Solemn Simulacrum Burnished Hart Smothering Tithe Despark Kaya's Wrath Knights' Charge Etchings of the Chosen Irregular Cohort Silent Clearing Talisman of Hierarchy Belle of the Brawl Murderous Rider Silverwing Squadron Smitten Swordmaster Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw The Circle of Loyalty Wintermoor Commander Corpse Knight Midnight Reaper Cavalier of Dawn Cavalier of Night Icon of Ancestry Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
Remove: Temple of the False God Myriad Landscape Plains Swamp Mortify Call the Cavalry Harsh Mercy Return to the Ranks Shared Triumph Northern Paladin Eastern Paladin Kwende, Pride of Femeref Southern Paladin Student of Warfare Stromgald Cabal Knight of Glory Knight of Infamy White Knight Black Knight Knight of Grace Knight of Malice Paladin en-Vec Dauntless Bodyguard Odric, Lunarch Marshal Commander's Sphere