Kaseto, Orochi Archmage
Legendary Creature — Snake Wizard
: Target creature can't be blocked this turn. If that creature is a Snake, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Kaseto, Orochi Archmage Discussion
2 months ago
Love the deck Ben! Have you ever tried Kaseto, Orochi Archmage in your list? The unblockable ability synergizes well with Xyris's combat ability and the snake tribal bonus is a plus! Gonna have to try this list out!
3 months ago
So if I must admit, I'm not very good at building EDH decks. Having said that, it seems to me that you may be running into problems getting Uro out in the first place. You first must cast him, then he is sent to the graveyard. Once there, you'd need to pay the Escape cost and exile five cards in your graveyard.
Well, the vast majority of your spells are actually permanents, meaning few will end up in the graveyard quickly enough for you to use as Escape fuel to gas Uro out.
The deck seems to focus around draw, so that you can get to titanic forces with giant power and toughness out very early, with small and light focus on protecting them via some counterspells.
This tells me you are going for more of a "stompy" approach - You want to bring out big threats and specifically interact with spells that interact with them. If nobody is targeting your big bois, you really don't care what's going on. Sound about right?
I think the deck is off to a good start, but I think Uro is a poor Commander.
I see a main aspect of your wincon is literally just trample damage. Okay, so let's work with that. Are there any Simic Commanders who care about combat damage?
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest: Cheap and draws you a huge amount of cards.
- Eutropia the Twice-Favored: I see about six enchantments? So each enchantment now gives one creature flying and an additional +1/+1 counter
But honestly, I love Kaseto, Orochi Archmage for this deck. Now, it doesn't matter if you have or do not have trample or flying. A simple cost of makes them unblockable!
So I'd pop off your current Commander and put Kaseto in its place.
From here, I'd focus more on counter spells. You're going to incur a lot of hate, and hate is never good. So ward that hate off by saying no to them.
4 months ago
Cool deck man, ive never seen Kaseto, Orochi Archmage before, makes me want to put blue in my snake deck. I recently dusted off a old box and it had my old snake deck in it and decided to do a re vamp, if you're curious or want to offer some suggestions its called Serpentor copy. Have you considered Verdant Succession as a backup for removal? Nice deck.
5 months ago
Cards also worth considering:
- Impact Tremors - Ping everybody whenever you make a snake
- Stoneforge Masterwork - More snakes -> More power on commander -> More snakes
- Coat of Arms - Make your snakes HUGE
- Altar of Dementia - Turn creatures into mill
- Parallel Lives - Double snake production
- Mana Echoes - Expensive, but makes insane amounts of mana when you make a bunch of snakes
- Opposition - Tap snakes to tap basically anything you don't like
- Vicious Shadows - Tokens DO go to the graveyard when they die, so every snake you lose burns an opponent's life hard
- Path of Discovery - Making a snake lets you explore
- Seshiro the Anointed - Pump your snakes and draw a card whenever they deal damage
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Pay simic to pump your commander and make it unblockable this turn
- Eldrazi Monument - As long as you keep making snakes, your creatures are all indestructible, and as a bonus, flying
- Rancor - Commander has trample and +2 power, and the aura goes back to your hand whenever it dies
- Ring of Kalonia - Commander gets trample, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Ring of Evos Isle - Commander gets hexproof at instant speed for 2 mana, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Loxodon Warhammer - Commander gets +3 power, trample, and lifelink
- Fireshrieker - Double strike protects commander from blockers (first strike damage) and potentially doubles the amount of card draw, and thus, number of snakes produced
- Thassa's Oracle, Laboratory Maniac, and/or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries - You draw a lot of cards, so you may end up decking yourself. Best to win if that happens rather than lose
You by no means need to add any of these cards to the deck, they're just cards I think you might want to look at.
5 months ago
So...your commander is a snake that produces snakes whenever it hits. Maybe Kaseto, Orochi Archmage?
5 months ago
Yeva, Nature's Herald and Vivien, Champion of the Wilds allow you to mutate at instant speed, with Kaseto, Orochi Archmage you can win with commander damage, Lazav, the Multifarious can do some nasty tricks with your graveyard, Glissa, the Traitor with trample is a real pain, Elusive Tormentor Flip can be a solid target to mutate on. Hope this can help :)
9 months ago
We have been returning to Kamigawa in a few cards from a commander set eg Kaseto, Orochi Archmage in C15; when (not if) we get conspiracy 3, it will be set on fiora for sure; literally no-one knows anything from Mercadia other than Rishadan Port ; cards like The Great Aurora reference Lorwyn directly.
I started in Lorwyn/Shadowmoor, so I am nostalgic for this set and honestly, Eldraine is possibly the closest we will get to a new full set in Lorwyn.
9 months ago
Using this package, theoretically the deck would be a legacy build, using Kaseto, Orochi Archmage and all. Idk how powerful the build could be, but I'd like to see it put up some results. My modern build felt tempo-y and strong but really struggled in the Shadow Matchups and the Future iterations of Urza started to beat it more as well.