Kaseto, Orochi Archmage
Legendary Creature — Snake Wizard
: Target creature can't be blocked this turn. If that creature is a Snake, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Kaseto, Orochi Archmage Discussion
1 week ago
3 months ago
So a first pass at changing this deck just from things I had on hand. The following cards were removed:
All of these creatures were dropped to help reinforce the +1/+1 theme that the deck has. All of these creatures tend to lean more toward a Token theme, which might have helped with powering Ezuri up, but that's about it.
Scytheclaw Not enough effect and doesnt reinforce the Counters theme.
Orochi Hatchery Has counters, but leans into the Tokens subtheme the orginal deck had, so off it goes.
Caller of the Pack It's a big beater. Doesnt help Ezuri build Counters, and again leans into the Tokens subtheme.
Snakeform Too little effect and is token based again.
Sword of Vengeance A cool bit of kit, and will be going into something else, but doesn't help the theme here.
Vivid Grove Too little effect for its slot. Replaced with a dual land.
Vivid Creek Same as above.
8 months ago
Helm of Obedience if not going combo route
Arisen Gorgon Too dependant on Liliana being on the field
Gorgon Recluse Too high CMC for what you do
Infernal Medusa Medusa /= Gorgon
Keepsake Gorgon Too high mana for one and done
Korozda Gorgon Too high CMC && not running heavy +1+1 Presence
Ohran Viper As you are in blue, you have better options for card draw, especially because this one means you have to deal damage to player first.
Oona's Blackguard Cut unless you are rogue heavy
Pitiless Gorgon All your snakes will typically have deathtouch or be able to gain it, at 3 mana this should do more.
Gaze of the Gorgon A little too high mana but hilarious at the same time.
Vraska, Relic Seeker Might be better for pirate deck, it's not on flavor at all here, and not in line with or as powerful as your other walkers.
Vraska, Swarm's Eminence This is useful however high mana for what it does, totally up to you, this could go either way.
Chromatic Lantern To ensure you make colors. Given you're going heavy black we may need to revise this item.
Chevill, Bane of Monsters super value at 2 cmc
Baleful Strix Super value at 2cmc, fly, dedtouch, card draw
Fathom Feeder value town, and if you yank combo pieces this can help facilitate a win with it's ability
Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons 2cmc, high high values and makes SNEKS!!!!
Hythonia the Cruel Yeet cannons all non-gorgon creatures + big creature
Seshiro the Anointed SNEK SNEK +2+2 to all SNEKS! Draw card wen snek do damage!
Kaseto, Orochi Archmage Unblockable +2+2 SNEKS!
Prowling Serpopard Make's your Sneks and Gorgon's Un-Counterable
Stonecoil Serpent cool snek, but I think you might already have cooler in deck & on list
Orochi Hatchery Funny stuff this one, totally up to you
Bow of Nylea all creatures get deathtouch + more check this one out
Ohran Frostfang Gives attacking creatures you control ded touch and when your creatures damage a player, draw a card.
Kodama's Reach Mana Ramp
Search for Tomorrow Mana Ramp
Three Visits Mana Ramp
1 year ago
Love the deck Ben! Have you ever tried Kaseto, Orochi Archmage in your list? The unblockable ability synergizes well with Xyris's combat ability and the snake tribal bonus is a plus! Gonna have to try this list out!
1 year ago
Cool deck man, ive never seen Kaseto, Orochi Archmage before, makes me want to put blue in my snake deck. I recently dusted off a old box and it had my old snake deck in it and decided to do a re vamp, if you're curious or want to offer some suggestions its called Serpentor copy. Have you considered Verdant Succession as a backup for removal? Nice deck.
1 year ago
Cards also worth considering:
- Impact Tremors - Ping everybody whenever you make a snake
- Stoneforge Masterwork - More snakes -> More power on commander -> More snakes
- Coat of Arms - Make your snakes HUGE
- Altar of Dementia - Turn creatures into mill
- Parallel Lives - Double snake production
- Mana Echoes - Expensive, but makes insane amounts of mana when you make a bunch of snakes
- Opposition - Tap snakes to tap basically anything you don't like
- Vicious Shadows - Tokens DO go to the graveyard when they die, so every snake you lose burns an opponent's life hard
- Path of Discovery - Making a snake lets you explore
- Seshiro the Anointed - Pump your snakes and draw a card whenever they deal damage
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage - Pay simic to pump your commander and make it unblockable this turn
- Eldrazi Monument - As long as you keep making snakes, your creatures are all indestructible, and as a bonus, flying
- Rancor - Commander has trample and +2 power, and the aura goes back to your hand whenever it dies
- Ring of Kalonia - Commander gets trample, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Ring of Evos Isle - Commander gets hexproof at instant speed for 2 mana, and a +1/+1 counter each turn
- Loxodon Warhammer - Commander gets +3 power, trample, and lifelink
- Fireshrieker - Double strike protects commander from blockers (first strike damage) and potentially doubles the amount of card draw, and thus, number of snakes produced
- Thassa's Oracle, Laboratory Maniac, and/or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries - You draw a lot of cards, so you may end up decking yourself. Best to win if that happens rather than lose
You by no means need to add any of these cards to the deck, they're just cards I think you might want to look at.
1 year ago
So...your commander is a snake that produces snakes whenever it hits. Maybe Kaseto, Orochi Archmage?
1 year ago
Yeva, Nature's Herald and Vivien, Champion of the Wilds allow you to mutate at instant speed, with Kaseto, Orochi Archmage you can win with commander damage, Lazav, the Multifarious can do some nasty tricks with your graveyard, Glissa, the Traitor with trample is a real pain, Elusive Tormentor Flip can be a solid target to mutate on. Hope this can help :)