|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Ingest (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of his or her library.)
Culling Drone Discussion
2 years ago
jarkaruus Yeah! I threw in Culling Drone just as a little hitter that can get rid of your oppponent's cards before they could possibly get what they needed the most. I do want to replace it, though, but I cannot really think of another dude I would put in place of it, so right now it is a placeholder of sorts. I'm actually gonna change the amount from 3 to 2, just because he does not really do much, as you said. Also, thank you for building it! It means a ton that you liked it so much that you made it! :D
2 years ago
I like this deck a lot. I've been thinking of something similar since Aven Mindcensor was spoiled for Amonkhet. I built it and tested against a friend. Can you explain your reasoning behind including Culling Drone? It didn't seem to do much when I played it.
2 years ago
cheap decks + stealing cards = good!
I'm no expert by any means, and I've only just started experimenting with this mechanic, but it seems encouraged with the new 'revolt' mechanic in aether revolt. The key to it is that the card comes back to the battlefield as if it was an entirely different card like you had just cast it (but isn't considered casting :)
here's a link about flickering and it's rules: http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Flickering
It seems like it's primarily used in scenarios like:
- blocking an opponent who will obviously kill your creature, but then once blocked, remove it and bring it back. (it's a 'new' card, and isn't involved in combat any longer).
- avoiding the effects of a removal spell cast on the creature (flicker them off the field, the attacking spell fizzles and then back on)
- also useful to remove unwanted enchantments, counters etc. (on your own cards, or opponents)
- note: if you flicker a token, it won't come back as it disappears once it leaves the battlefield.
My interests in this deck though are:
- triggering the 'revolt' affect on cards without sending others to the graveyard, and
- triggering the 'when enters the battlefield' effects.
- I attack with Identity Thief, Gonti, Lord of Luxury and Solemn Recruit . I also have Glint-Nest Crane on the battlefield but in a previous turn my opponent had cast Caught in the Brights on it so it can't attack.
- I have Identity Thief exile Glint-Nest Crane and assume it's identity for the attack.
- Caught in the Brights disappears as it no longer is attached to anything.
- My opponent doesn't block and my three cards do their damage.
- Nothing else happens on my turn until I get to the beginning of my end step.
- Glint-Nest Crane comes back to the battlefield, and in so doing triggers it's effect where I get to search the top 4 cards of my library for an artifact.
- Also, because Glint-Nest Crane had left the battlefield this turn, it triggers Solemn Recruit who gets a counter.
The end of my turn comes and Identity Thief goes back to being itself. (This is important as it essentially stops me from taking the identity of Gonti. Because of the Legendary rule allowing only one on my battlefield).
On my opponents turn, seeing only Glint-Nest Crane is untapped, she swings with two creatures.
- I block Aerial Responder with Glint-Nest Crane and all fine there. But I still need to block her Culling Drone.
- So I cast Essence Flux on Gonti, Lord of Luxury who leaves the battlefield and comes back no longer tapped.
- This does 2 things, it let's me assign Gonti, Lord of Luxury to block Culling Drone, and
- It triggers Gonti, Lord of Luxury's entering the battlefield ability and I get to grab one of the opponents cards.
Another little example:
2 years ago
As far as I'm concerned every deck with a strong vision of how it will win, and how it will stop its Opponents winning, is viable.
As long as you are happy with not coming first at FNM. Although sometimes that is a pleasant result.
An early Creature with Deathtouch would also be useful. You'd be surprised at the tempo advantage that can give you.
It lets you use a Creature as thought it is a destruction spell.
I consider Thought-Knot Seer essentially in this type of deck.
You might want to look at adding Harsh Scrutiny. I run it in a Control deck and the extra hand disruption + Scry is invaluable.
I would suggest that you build a deck so that I can test it and give you further advice.
That's what I find most effective.
3 years ago
Hello, deck looks good but I would make some changes like getting rid of Corrupted Crossroads unless u want to play some creature for waste and play it only for the second part is not worth i think cuz u can just sacrifice tokens.Next u can reduce Eldrazi Skyspawner to 3 should be enough and add some Ruination Guide i play 4 myself its so powerfull card since u play all devoid cretures for example instead of Fathom Feeder I dont like him anyway.Also u can add more mono Black creatures like Sludge Crawler or Sky Scourer or Culling Drone instead of Salvage Drone cuz u dont need to draw cards and discard after so 2x Sludge Crawler and 2x Sky Scourer will work better. As Sorcs go I would put both Ruinous Path and Transgress the Mind to sideboard unless u play against Plainswalkers a lot much better is Murder since its instant and its cheaper on mana and Complete Disregard also instant cuz sorcs are slow for my taste its can cost u game sometimes. This is my opiion so u dont have to take it seriously its completely up to u anyways good luck with this deck i love all eldrazi decks
3 years ago
I'd advise cutting the Culling Drones for Reaver Drones, because you want to go as aggressive as possible. Cutting Kozilek's Sentinels for Lightning Bolts for more burn/removal. Two Wasteland Stranglers can be dropped for Dismember for more efficient creature removal (possibly cutting all four if necessary).
Hope this helps! I really like the fact that this is a pretty darn good Standard deck, and you're looking to play it for Modern. :)
3 years ago
Skullclamp should be mainboarded in pretty much every EDH deck. With Oona's tokens skullclamp is a 1 mana draw 2 card.
GraveTitan is a very good card in general, will put pressure on the board, and give more tokens.
Phenax, God of Deception will help burst down a single targer.
Glen Elendra Liege will anthem your creatures. It is a non-bo with skullclamp, but it makes Everything beefier.
Disciple of Bolas is a great way to draw cards and gain life, especially if you can recur it.
Wrexial, the Risen Deep is highly synergistic with milling as you get to cast their instants and sorceries.
Diluvian Primordial. Same as Wrexial.
Sepulchral Primordial. Ditto again.
Remove (Creatures) Show
Remove Think Tank
For lands and ramp, go to:
3 years ago
Thoughts: Cut some of the worse cards, add more card draw and just give it a better shell.
No data for this card yet.