|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Transgress the Mind
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Target player reveals his or her hand. You may choose a card with converted mana cost 3 or greater and exile that card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||Tommuz , ibraJG84 , ironax , Psycheretic , , bakeraj4 , pskinn01 , philktoken8998 , PTsmitty , rakdos24 , MattN7498 , golgarigirl , , Hootiequack , Borg0th , Snydog17 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , fireborne1986|
Transgress the Mind Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hello there, buddy
How are you doing?
Well, I took a litle time to analyze this and I have some suggestions. Please keep in mind these are only tips, no to be taken as offense and/or disrespect.
- I do understand your strategy is ramping into Battlesphere or Forgemaster, but I really don't think you can achieve quadruple red for Geosurge with consistency.
- I suppose your turn 1 is a bit blank, and I really suggest you run some discard, like Inquisition of Kozilek or Thoughtseize. Your matchup against Scapeshift or Eldrazi must be really miserable, so having early hand disruption is super useful. In the same lines, Transgress the Mind is awful. If you have the budget for swapping it for Collective Brutality, your turn 2 action will be signficantly better. This card is bonkers.
- Path to Exile is your best protection against fast-paced//aggro decks like burn, goblins or humans. You're gonna be much safer running 4 copies. Dismember is ok-ish, but I wouldn't run so many. One is enough.
- I truly love Ajani Vengeant with all my heart, but I do not usually play 2+ copies of any planeswalker ever. If you like late game action, you could maybe drop one Ajani and one Elspeth to add upp 1 Gideon Jura and 1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion. These pw are awesome. Otherwise, if you want some early game safety, I strongly suggest 2 Gideon of the Trials.
- Lightning Bolt is a must. It does everything for one red. Controlling small relevant creatures (like, f*ck you Noble Hierarch), ending grinding matchups (so, you play Grixis Death's Shadow? Cool...) and stopping some weird combo structures with Goblin Electromancer and Devoted Druid. It's SO much value, I really recommend you find some room for it.
- Your manabase is ok, but changing some of the shock lands (Godless Shrine and Sacred Foundry) for fetch lands would add up a lot of consistency due to the filtering. I believe the cheapest one in your colors is Bloodstained Mire. Running four fetchlands will already reduce significantly the number of late-game land draws of your deck. I normally play something aroung 7~8, but I know this is a bit expensive, so don't worry about it now.
Above everything, I really like your idea. I just believe you need some structure to be able to access your "combo". My suggestions are all based on the competitive metagame, where there are many fast decks with early game disruption, so you'll need to run along these lines to live long enough to do the whole Forgemaster thing. Modern is crazy right now. hahaha
Keep up the good work! If you want some more suggestions, please ask. :)
3 months ago
I am guessing you are on a bit of a budget with this deck. However, Fatal Push may go a long way, but cards like Go for the Throat, Dismember, and Hero's Downfall, could be the removal you need in addition to the Abrupt Decay. For inexpensive hand disruption perhaps Transgress the Mind, Doomfall, or Unburden. Delirium may be difficult in a deck with 5 card types (DeadWeight may be useless, and only two fetch lands in Evolving Wilds is far from a sure thing). Another enchantment you may want to consider is Seal of Doom, with perhaps an artifact to assist with delirium.
I ramble.. that is what I do. But have fun with your new golgari adventure. Glad to see you are breaking free from the red/white chains for a bit.
5 months ago
Anguished Unmaking - Exile all the things.
Archangel Avacyn Flip - hahahahaha no. My stuff is all Indestructible. You killed one of my Creatures? Oops, now your stuff is all board wiped.
Declaration in Stone - my favourite card. Goodbye Ulamog. Goodbye Zombehs.
Dispel - I play Negate. You play Negate. I play Dispel. You cry.
Grasp of Darkness - your Archangel Avacyn Flip is now dead.
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - I get Zombehs. I get life.
Transgress the Mind - Exile any fuck off cards.
Sorin, Grim Nemesis - draw AND deal damage.
Wandering Fumarole - Crews all day long.
I will NOT miss Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, even though I used it.
It was boring seeing it come out in every deck.
Truly a format defining card.
6 months ago
If you have the cards then by all means do so. Without posting your whole collection cards to suggest are tricky. Sanitarium Skeleton is pretty decent in a toolbox. Scrapheap Scrounger is annoying too. Cut and Torment of Hailfire are really good. There is a fair amount of graveyard hate in my meta so I wouldn't run too much recursion. Hand disruption between Transgress the Mind Lay Bare the Heart and even good old Mind Rot. Run sets of 2 and 3 of copies of utility cards. You could be real annoying and be able to sideboard pretty well without ruining your consistency. Eternal Scourge is awesome. A single Akoum Firebird is a good mana sink. Try and ignore having a theme, and run something fun to play. If you have any sort of good lands other than Blooming Marsh let us know what they are and we can build around it. Any cycle lands?
6 months ago
Mono-Black Control is about to lose most of its really good pieces:
It will still retain Fatal Push, Never / Return, Harsh Scrutiny, and Yahenni's Expertise, and it will have the new Walk the Plank, but unless it gets some better 2 drops it's going to lose all tempo in the early game.
6 months ago
Great deck, I love processors. I'm actually running a similar build...
The main problem I have is getting enough stuff ingested to make use of my processors.
...and hey, once they rotate out....hello Ghostfire Blade!
7 months ago
Checking in from Reddit!
So, first thing, I like the deck. U/B Control seems super underplayed and I love U/B control. You are, however, missing a few vital pieces of control that fall under these colors.
Firstly, Fatal Push is the bomb. Such a fantastic card. There are so many <2CMC creatures that can be taken out with Fatal Push. Winding Constrictor, Scrapheap Scrounger, Earthshaker Khenra, the list goes on. A play set of Fatal Push is almost mandatory in U/B control decks.
Censor is missing as well. Not only can it be a great card early game when your opponent taps out to get a creature on board, but you can cycle it late game if they keep leaving mana open. Censor also kind of makes your opponent play around it because they know you could have one in your hand. There's nothing worse than tapping out and getting Censor'd because you assumed your opponent didn't have one in hand.
Essence Scatter could be good here as well to counter creature spells. I see you have plenty of creature removal, but Essence Scatter on a high CMC creature such as Glorybringer or Verdurous Gearhulk.
In terms of stuff you don't need but COULD add in, As Foretold isn't played very often but I always like throwing it in my control decks because in grindy match ups, it allows you to cast more than an extra spell from your hand without paying the mana from it. Not necessary, but it could be fun to tinker around with.
The Scarab God could be fun to play with as well. You can exile a creature from any graveyard to create a 4/4 zombie, but that's just a suggestion that can be used for fun.
Lost Legacy and Dispossess can be great sideboard cards for you. Playing against God-Pharaoh's Gift decks? No problem, Dispossess it. Oh, you have a deck that revolves around Chandra, Torch of Defiance? Lost Legacy takes care of that.
That's all I can think of so far, hopefully this could be of some help to you! Ixalan is coming out soon and doesn't seem to have a ton of control, but there are some neat tricks you can add in there as well.
I'll copy this to Reddit as well so people can hopefully respond there as well.
7 months ago
Its all part of the process. I will suggest that if you are going to tournament, that you fill out you sideboard. It will give you some wiggle room to react to a deck that you may be weak against. You have 15 spots available there. Might as well use them.
What issue did you have? Tempo? Mana balance? Just crap luck?
Fatal Push is always a solid choice. It really one of the best removal options for right now considering its CMC of 1.