|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Devoid (This card has no color.)
Ingest (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of his or her library.)
When Salvage Drone dies, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Salvage Drone Discussion
5 months ago
Saturdays at my LGS are pretty casual, although it is still expected you follow any rules from the rulebook or Gatherer. Since WOTC has explicitly stated that Spawnsire of Ulamog can pull any number of owned cards in non-sanctioned events, the strategy should be perfectly legal. I can't imagine anyone will be that upset either since, as you said, Battle of Wits is a very unreliable way of winning games. Originally, I had planned on using Wretched Gryff since they can combo with each other in the event that I lose BOW and Lore Weaver to removal. However, the whole idea was to make a jank deck that suddenly goes from 60 cards to 300+ and surprise wins with BOW. Consequently, I figured choosing a less powerful card to grab would be more enjoyable. I figured the simplest card to pull would be a 1 mana 1/1, so I reduced the options to Blisterpod, Salvage Drone, and Mothdust Changeling. As a dedicated token player, Blisterpod ended up as my choice. As of now, I only have 20-ish copies. Acquiring the rest shouldn't be too hard, seeing as the card is cheap. I am a man that spent $70 on 1000 green wolf tokens XD
10 months ago
11 months ago
I don't think small eldrazi and tron lands belong in the same deck. The whole purpose of assembling tron is to play huge, gamebreaking threats, not so much to play Salvage Drone and have 7 colorless mana left over. How about Artisan of Kozilek and Sundering Titan and other big threats instead of these small, unremarkable.... things?
11 months ago
xBradley5000 thanks! I removed the 2 Lumbering Falls, 1 Temple of Mystery and an Island and added 2 Awakening Zone. Also swap all the Salvage Drone for a playset of Nest Invader and added 2 Blossoming Defense as additional protection against removals.
11 months ago
So what I noticed from playtesting the deck with Tappedout's Playtest function is that you have a little too many lands. I kept scrying away lands and drawing into more lands, which isn't too helpful. Honestly, I would probably remove the 2 Lumbering Falls because of their tendency to come in tapped, and a couple other basics. 19-20 seems like a substantial amount for a deck like this. With those freed up, you will have room for 2-3 Awakening Zone. I understand putting Salvage Drone in there for a quick turn 1 play, but other than that they aren't too useful. I would take those out and replace them with maybe 3 or 4 Nest Invader. They cost an extra mana, but they ramp, allowing you to cast Call to the Kindred a whole turn earlier. Depending on how many card slots you have after that, maybe put in another Call to the Kindred for extra consistency. They are the center of the deck after all.
1 year ago
Thanks for the suggestions on my Atraxa list. Wanted to return the favor.
I love Big Blue. It's cool to see a Teferi list that goes all-in on that theme rather than abusing the untap effect with all the Stax cards (which, I'll admit, is what I did). Also love seeing Dismiss Into Dream. One of my favorite cards that seems to rarely find a home.
A couple options you might consider:
- With the number of available mana rocks, Paradox Engine is probably really strong here. At worst, it'll let you leave mana open after casting one of your big creatures to hold up counters or other effects. It can also let you get more value out of Endbringer and it gives all of your creatures pseudo-vigilance.
- It's a bit pricey, but if Gilded Lotus is in your budget, it's makes it a lot easier to chain colored spells with Paradox Engine. Worst case, just throwing in a Commander's Sphere might not be a bad option (it only taps for 1, but at least it can cantrip, and it's colored mana).
- Since you have a lot of bounce effects Capsize might be a good option. Sadly, it's a nonbo with Dismiss into Dream, but with a bunch of mana rocks, it can just win the game on the spot with Paradox Engine.
- Another possible buyback card is Whispers of the Muse. While it's 6 mana to draw a card, the fact that it's instant speed makes it really flexible, and it can draw your whole deck with Paradox Engine.
- Any buyback card that you can go infinite on with Paradox Engine also just wins the game immediately with Endbringer as well.
- Other options for bounce are Time Elemental and Temporal Adept. They also both synergize nicely with Dismiss into Dream for repeatable removal.
- Psychic Rebuttal and Delay both seem pretty situational. You might consider just Counterspell or things like Swan Song or Arcane Denial for low-cost counters.
Some possible cuts:
- Hedron Matrix seems marginal. It's a big P/T boost, but if you're throwing it on something that can be chumped anyway, it doesn't do a lot. If you really want equipment, something like Loxodon Warhammer to give your big guys trample and gain all the life or maybe Blade of Selves to really smash the table. But you probably have enough control and beef that equipment is just not doing much for you.
- Ghostform getting 2 creatures through once may not be enough. If you're looking for evasion, maybe Thassa, God of the Sea is an option? Also helps filter your deck, although she'd almost never be a creature in this deck. It may be correct to just lean on the Rogue's Passage.
- Skittering Invasion seems like it's not likely to do much very often. If you have the mana to cast it, you had at least 6 mana to cast Teferi, at which point you probably just want to cast something big.
- Salvage Drone is a really small effect, even for 1 mana.
1 year ago
Rid yourself of Crosstown Courier, Thassa's Devourer (too expensive), and all of the spells that give you unblockable. Try some creatures that force your opponent to make choices. Salvage Drone or Invisible Stalker + Curiosity or Trepanation Blade. Another handy artifact would be Infiltration Lens.
Unquenchable Thirst is useless, as you don't have any Deserts in the deck.
Don't worry about doing so much damage, so you don't need Spectral Flight, just keep spells that keep milling. If you do need a backup win, use the cards in the graveyards to your advantage with Jace's Phantasm. Doubles as a hefty blocker as well.
Hope this helps speed it up a little!
1 year ago
Great deck, I love processors. I'm actually running a similar build...
The main problem I have is getting enough stuff ingested to make use of my processors.
...and hey, once they rotate out....hello Ghostfire Blade!