Creature — Eldrazi Drone
Devoid (This card has no colour.)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life unless you control another colourless creature.
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Reaver Drone Discussion
1 year ago
Alex, I know you aren't big into the commander thing, but I took this list and cut the out of color identity cards for the commanders Virtus the Veiled & Gorm the Great and moxen for legal mana rocks, and is has been a big hit at our table.
Is there any particular reason Reaver Drone didn't make the cut? it seems like two power for one mana is exactly what this deck is trying to get.
2 years ago
(I would add a proper community card but that feature seems to be malfunctioning right now.)
Farly straightforward, this card would mostly be Zedruu the Greathearted (although a different character, not simply her gone evil or something) with a casting cost of and an activation cost of . In EDH, this could lead to some fun usage of cards like the following:
(I realize you can basically already do this with any Grixis commander + e.g. Bazaar Trader, but that's a bit less straightforward.)
Wall of cards Show
I'm unsure what would be suitable for its upkeep ability. Just copying Zedruu's straight off isn't too inappropriate, as drawing is certainly associated with black and life gain isn't too far out either, but that's kinda boring. Replacing the life gain with something negative towards opponents like milling, discard or plain life loss proportional to the amount of gifted permanent could be one option that's more in line with the color change (thought the negative effects would probably targeted in order to preserve some political potential). Putting a +1/+1 counter per gift on Zedruu the Grixishearted to take advantage of commander damage could also work (especially when combined with auras like Herald of Torment), in which case you could also change power/toughness from the original's 2/4 to 4/2 to signal greater aggression.
For the sake of flavor its subtype would be Horse Djinn, with the artwork depicting a djinn with a mare's head, wearing a mouth-covering veil.
Feedback would be welcome, especially on ways to make Grixis!Zedruu more distinct from the original while still fulfilling the basic function of giving out torturous black cards, in addition to the blue and red ones they both share.
(A version containing green could also be made for the sake of giving that color a chance to show off its painful cards, in which case the creature in question should probably have monkey paws.)
2 years ago
- For as creature heavy as this deck is, you have them for your first line of defense and offense, having Aether Meltdown and Dampening Pulse isnt necessary to staying protected. Cutting them out frees up important room for mana ramp cards to get more creatures out faster.
- Needlebite Trap, really only good if youre going up a lifegain deck, and if thats your reason for running it you might as well just sideboard it and only put it in the deck when you need it.
- Drownyard Behemoth a very steep casting cost for a 5/7 that only has hexproof for one turn, which it probably wont even be targeted on. Even the emerge cost is steep.
- Vexing Scuttler another high casting eldrazi that does little in return. Youre better off hoping to drawing another instant/sorcery than having to spend 3 mana on this creature just to bounce one back to your hand.
- Grizzled Angler Flip a decent early game blocker, but its transforming mills your own deck and depends on I feel youve lost a creature. For 3 mana why not cast a Dominator Drone? Its giving you more damage than the Anglers fish side because it hits the board a turn earlier. Id cut just one Grizzled Angler Flip for now, its transformed Ability could be a good way to clear your opponents board of blockers, but you wouldnt need to of him in the field so.
2 years ago
I recommend Sky Scourer over Kozilek's Sentinel - the flying is far more important the extra points of toughness; you want to be all about getting damage through, not blocking! I'd also recommend Reaver Drone over the Sludge Crawler since he's more aggressive. You don't want to be paying mana to make your guy bigger when you could be playing another creature instead. You could try to have both for a more aggressive curve, though. Flayer Drone is also worth including, he gives you some extra reach even if your opponent has the board locked down.
3 years ago
1x Canyon Slough, 1x Smoldering Marsh.
I was sifting through some stuff and was thinking maybe just Mono Black with lots of value creatures?
Something like 3x Glint-Sleeve Siphoner, 1xTorment of Hailfire, 1xYahenni, Undying Partisan, 1x Kalitas, 4xHeir of Falkenrath, 4x Gifted Aetherborn, 4x Bearer of Silence, 1x Wastes, 1x Evolving Wilds, 2x Trial of Ambition, 2x Cartouche of Ambition, 4x Reaver Drone, 2x Harsh Scrutiny and 1x Smothering Abomination, maybe some Bone Pickers, Ruinous Paths. I also like Retreat to Hagra.
I probably need more removal + hand disruption like you said. And maybe 1x Claim / Fame.
3 years ago
3 years ago
And might I suggest sideboarding Eternal Scourge to bring in against control since it obviously has a recursion combo with Scrounger which is exceedingly difficult to handle.
Plus, since this is after all aggro, how about like Unnatural Endurance or Supernatural Stamina over one of your kill spells? Just a thought, I'm Hardly an aggro player. Maybe even Rush of Vitality, but I kinda like the first two more.