|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Seeds of Innocence
Destroy all artifacts. They can't be regenerated. The controller of each artifact destroyed this way gains life equal to its converted mana cost.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Seeds of Innocence Discussion
2 months ago
I got super excited when seeing it, but unfortunately Seeds of Innocence is not pauper legal
4 months ago
Have you considered Seeds of Innocence since you're running so little artifact mana? Pretty low cmc solution to aggressive starts.
5 months ago
Thanks for the comments on Arahbo, Xenagos... for Cats.
You've got all the reasonable CMC1 cats, Leonin Elder is a bit borderline for me. I see you have the fetch lands in the Sideboard, I assume the plan is to get those in, Steppe Lynx will thank you. I would get out some of those lands that enter the battlefield tapped. I only play a couple, Dryad Arbor so I can Green Sun's Zenith it, and Hall of the Bandit Lord.
Scavenging Ooze is good, non-cat obviously, but he's independently good anyway. May consider Ground Seal (see it in your maybeboard), it draws a card to replace itself so just costs you mana, and maybe draws an enchantment removal from opponents that might be saved for a Sylvan Library so they can continue with their deck strategy. Watchers of the Dead is also an on-cat-trend graveyard control card. He's 2 power for CMC2 so he doesn't hurt you either with the Eminence.
Fleecemane Lion is a nice tempo guy, hes 3 power for CMC2 and he has built-in Indestructible if you draw him late in the game, not too shabby... tabby
I really dislike Council's Judgment, it rarely removes what I really want, in Selesnya it's limited a bit for removal, I'd almost always rather have an Oblivion Ring so I get to choose, or a Path to Exile if I usually remove a creature / blocker.
Seeds of Innocence seems counter productive for an early turn 1 drop system, but I can see how eliminating all those CMC0/1/2 artifacts would be an advantage longer term. If you're looking to keep the board clear makes sense.
I would recommend Alms Collector, not sure how many Grixis commanders you fought, Kess, Dissident Mage, Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge with Show and Tell to Enter the Infinite combos, or even Izzet with Blue Sun's Zenith infinite draw, many EDH run mass draw, he shut's that down. Used him successfully many a time, I've even Chord of Calling him in response.
Enlightened Tutor is a nice way to pull Sylvan Library to keep tempo, and especially if your ramping into board wipes, help replace some cats into your hand. Maybe a Mirari's Wake instead of one of the more expensive ramp spells, to assist with the tokens and with the ramp?
I originally built the cats (using hypergeometric distribution formula), but I found, in Multi-Player commander, it wasn't enough so I abandoned that srtategy. Lately I've been thinking perhaps land destruction would be better paired with aggor-cats.
You already have Wasteland and Strip Mine, you could change one of your creature board removals into Cataclysm. Crucible of Worlds, Armageddon, Ravages of War, and maybe even Command Beacon would be needed however. With ramp, and the low CMC cats + Eminence I feel it's a viable aggro strategy. Maybe give it some thought, it's a shift, depends on how well it's performing for you.
I don't have a Gaea's Cradle so I don't run Crop Rotation, but I run Nature's Lore which I've been able to abuse a bit to ramp faster, and a little more expensive alternative Three Visits. I would also run Eladamri's Call, I know it doesn't go into play like the others, but its CMC2 for a bit more consistency.
Heirloom Blade could give you some survive ability through a board wipe, would also work with the various sac/draw like Greater Good to replace/draw a creature to replace the one lost. Scavenging Ooze would be your best friend.
6 months ago
Cards we were talking about considering
Bane of Progress, Bind, Moss Diamond, Heartwood Storyteller, Ground Seal, Triumph of the Hordes, Tribute to the Wild, Natural State, Carpet of Flowers, Hall of Gemstone, Dosan the Falling Leaf, Tel-Jilad Justice,Seeds of Innocence, Unravel the Aether
9 months ago
Hey, looks good, +1
Here's some suggestions:
- Regal Force can replace Shamanic Revelation because it's a creature; it can be tutored for with any number of creature tutors. Revelation can't be tutored for.
- Eternal Witness is missing. She's a staple in green decks because she's a creature she can be tutored for and is great with both Fauna Shaman and Survival of the Fittest. She can replace Crushing Vines, Seeds of Innocence or Greenweaver Druid, much more impact.
- Concordant Crossroads has already been suggested. It lets you go nuts with mana Elves the turn it's played for only one mana. It can replace Crushing Vines, Seeds of Innocence or Search for Tomorrow. I don't think you need a land ramp spell here. If you can't suspend Search turn one it's completely lackluster for three mana. If you want a land ramp spell Nature's Lore is much better.
- Worldly Tutor can replace Crushing Vines, Seeds of Innocence or Primal Command. Primal is pretty mana expensive for what it does here because it doesn't put the creature you tutor for into play. At one mana instant Worldly can tutor for Priest of Titania or Ulamog that alone is worth it and seems much better for your strategy.
- Cavern of Souls and Yavimaya Hollow. I think these utility lands can replace the Eldrazi lands because you don't really need the cost reduction of the Eldrazi because mana is not a problem where as Cavern can protect Elves from counters and Yavimaya can protect a creature from removal or board wipe.
Good luck with your deck.
11 months ago
And also for foil versions (but still interested in nonfoils) of Stony Silence, Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Rancor, Bident of Thassa, Arcane Laboratory, Rule of Law, and Seeds of Innocence . Not interested in the promo thalia.
Here is my mostly up to date binder. Thanks for looking!
1 year ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.