|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Naga Wizard
Morph 4UU (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for 3. Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)
When Kheru Spellsnatcher is turned face up, counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost for as long as it remains exiled.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (30)||VGJustice , ironax , Halphinian , the.beanpole , meowCat1234 , saj0219 , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , golgarigirl , sneferie , Tiddilywinkus , maR2307 , Lindough , Wolfninja , LoneCrusader399 , acbooster , Antiat , ThisIsBullshit , dplerner , Regulus1010 , Snydog17 , joshw335 , philktoken8998 , thetechzombie , bakeraj4 , darthnuchi , ecurps , MattN7498 , PTsmitty , DrLitebur|
Kheru Spellsnatcher Discussion
1 month ago
If you're just looking for a card to counter Surgical Extraction, your options are limited. Especially since that is most likely to be their turn 1 play, right after they Thoughtseize it out of your hand.
But, let's assume they're going to wait before they Extirpate your tree. Since you can turn morph cards face-up at any time, they can be used to stop Split-Second spells. It's a short list, but Den Protector, Kheru Spellsnatcher, Silumgar Spell-Eater, Stratus Dancer, and Willbender can stop Extirpate. Den Protector is probably the best one for the job, since it not only fizzles their spell, it gets it back to your hand to cast it again. Since you have 8 Chromatic things, I think you can come up with a green mana pretty easily.
Since both Mimic Vat and Morph cards cost 3, neither of them are unreasonable sideboard options against Extirpate, since none of them will be able to stop the turn 1 discard/extraction. It's something to think about.
1 month ago
Thinking about adding:
Archetype of Imagination
Arjun, the Shifting Flame
Augur of Skulls
Beguiler of Wills
Prince of Thralls
Disciple of Bolas
Docent of Perfection Flip
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder
Fiend of the Shadows
Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
Jalira, Master Polymorphist
Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge
Jhoira of the Ghitu
Jori En, Ruin Diver
Kaho, Minamo Historian
Lim-Dul the Necromancer
Maga, Traitor to Mortals
Magus of the Abyss
Magus of the Coffers
Magus of the Future
Magus of the Mind
Magus of the Will
Melek, Izzet Paragon
Mizzix of the Izmagnus
Nekusar, the Mindrazer
Oona, Queen of the Fae
Profaner of the Dead
Sage of Fables
Sower of Temptation
Taigam, Sidisi's Hand
Talrand, Sky Summoner
Tibor and Lumia
Vela the Night-Clad
Need help on ideas for sorcery, instants , enchantments and artifacts to add to this deck!!
Also not sure what way to go with this deck
4 months ago
Okay okay last comment! Stratus Dancer instead of the Voidmage Prodigy, Willbender, Dulcet Sirens is awesome in EDH, Temur Sabertooth to reoccur useful morphs/save them from dying, Qarsi Deceiver for obvious synergy, and Cryptolith Rite so you can use morphs that you done need atm to help pay other morph costs.
4 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
5 months ago
What about Kheru Spellsnatcher would aid in keeping a few things off your back.
5 months ago
Definitely take out Failed Inspection Traumatic Visions Marang River Prowler Aether Meltdown Rod of Ruin Millstone Slayer's Cleaver Soul Separator Lens of Clarity Pacification Array Tome Scour Winged Sliver Windrider Patrol Sliver Construct Skyline Predator Shifting Sliver Hinterland Drake Monastery Flock Kheru Spellsnatcher Deep-Sea Terror Diffusion Sliver Mystical Teachings
I know thats a lot but most of those cards are just straight bad for commander, and the slivers only benefit each other and theres just not enough of them, replace those and I have a few more suggestions
Serum Visions Cephalid Constable Chasm Skulker (def get Skulker) Deadeye Navigator Delver of Secrets Flip Disciple of the Ring Djinn of Wishes Contingency Plan and Niblis of Frost are just a few more that are pretty good
6 months ago
Chandra's Phoenix can be removed. Thousand Winds can be replaced by Cyclonic Rift. Disciple of the Ring can be removed. Ember Swallower should certainly be removed.Kheru Spellsnatcher can be replaced by Counterspell. Opaline Unicorn can be removed. Tyrant of Discord isn't necessary to be played in the deck. Battlefield Thaumaturge isn't that great in the deck. Bloodfire would be better in a more creature based deck.Aggressive Mining should be removed. Conjured Currency can be removed.
7 months ago
Cards to consider, maybe some just for Sideboard: Izzet Staticaster, AEther Adept, Harbinger of the Tides, Anathemancer, Blood Scrivener, Grim Lavamancer, Grim Haruspex, Archetype of Imagination, Kheru Spellsnatcher, Mizzium Meddler, Pain Seer, Silumgar Sorcerer, Snapcaster Mage, Kolaghan's Command, Fatal Push, Venser, Shaper Savant, Voidmage Prodigy, Metallic Mimic