Whenever an opponent casts a spell, sacrifice Lunar Force and counter that spell.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Lunar Force Discussion
3 days ago
BTW love your videos! Keep it up!
3 weeks ago
Thank you for all of your suggestions! I really appreciate it! I'm excited to get to test this deck out for sure. To address some of your suggestions:
At the time of this decks inception, Flooded Strand is more expensive than Misty Rainforest on MTGO, which is my main means of playing magic at this time. However. I completely agree that it is a better option for a budget paper player.
I'm a little hesitant to put Herald of the Pantheon into the list just yet, as i am hoping this deck will just fizzle a lot of the popular removal in the format ( Path to Exile and Fatal Push to name a couple). Also, it would be another creature that doesn't have synergy with Eidolon of Blossoms. However, I will definitely consider it.
So, the idea behind Leyline of Anticipation is that it gives the deck some play against control decks, particularly counter heavy decks. It also allows our tutors to be played at instant speed. This makes it harder on our opponent to have an answer to our enchantments that we tutor (since we are tutoring on their end step instead of our turn). Also, flashing in Greater Auramancy to fizzle a removal spell seems pretty good. To be honest, I don't know how good it will be. But, I have high hopes for the card. I definitely see your points though, and I will take them into consideration during testing.
As for the number of tutors, I feel that they have a lot of use in finding protection for our enchantments ( Greater Auramancy ) and our lock pieces, as well as our finishers. And, being able to find those answers at instant speed seemed powerful enough to include 3. But, I will see how they play.
I will provide updates once I have had a chance to test the deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey there! This looks like an awesome Bant version of SaffronOlive's Enchantress deck! I have a few suggestions:
- For monetary reasons, it might be better to run Flooded Strand instead of Misty Rainforest
- I would recommend at least considering Herald of the Pantheon as additional Enchantment support
- Leyline of Anticipation doesn't seem to do a lot in this deck - while you don't have many instant-speed effects, I can't see many reasons why you would need to be playing things at instant speed, as there's no window to flash in Ghostly Prison effects to mess up your opponents' combat math. The only thing I can see would be that it lets you play Oblivion Ring effects at instant speed, which isn't that big of a help in my opinion. At the very least, 4 seems really excessive, maybe cut down to 2?
- In my opinion, one of the main reasons to play in Enchantress is for Spreading Seas, as Tron is a horrible matchup for plain old Enchantress like my version. I'd change 2 Lunar Force in the sideboard (and possibly the sideboard Sphere of Safety as well) to Spreading Seas.
- Rest in Peace is an absolute must in the sideboard with Dredge being such a good deck right now. I'd swap out Wheel of Sun and Moon for 2 or 3 copies of Rest in Peace.
- Stony Silence is also a great sideboard card that White decks have to combat Affinity and other artifact-based decks, though I don't know what I'd cut to make room for it. Maybe Open the Vaults and the sideboard Detention Sphere?
- I really like what you did with the finishers, having 1 copy of each with Idyllic Tutor as a means to customize your finisher. However, 3 Idyllic Tutor seems a bit excessive. Maybe go down to 2?
In any case, this deck looks awesome! Best of luck playing it!
1 month ago
Add in a little bit of blue for Lunar Force, and watch the opponents groan as they realize they can no longer do anything at all. Starfield of Nyx and Rule of Law make it a pretty hard lock.
3 months ago
Ancestral Vision is an amazing draw spell. in blue white control you expect the game to go extremely long, so that one mana gas is great. You already expect to have the game go long enough to beat down with Celestial Colonnade so that long term card draw is amazing. As Foretold is absolutely fantastic in a u/w control deck. right away with 0 counters on it you get to cast visions right away for free which is stupidly powerful. Sun Titan is always a really strong card letting you grab back any permanent that costs 3 or less which can hit a lot in your deck. Gideon of the Trials is a great card especially with the emblem. keep bringing him back with sun titan and then ticking him up to prevent damage from something is really strong. Lunar Force+Rule of Law+Sun Titan can equal a hard lock in many cases.
3 months ago
Hello! Nice deck far :) I have a few ideas after looking at it though. I have never personally played with (or against one of these decks much) but I feel like you aren't harnessing the power that your commander is truly capable of yet. If you are really trying to control the whole table against multiple players single use discard spells like Duress are less powerful because you have to spend a card just to get rid of one card from one player so compared to the rest of the table you actually are also down a card. If you want to focus on discard things like Oppression or Necrogen Mists that keep happening over and over are more what you're looking for. Personally I think you should focus on one angle of attack either discard or denial of mana. One of the things that your commander can tutor up each attack is board removal like Detention Sphere and Grasp of Fate. Contamination + Bitterblossom is a little bit harder to set up but can create a hard lock on some opponents. Lunar Force + Sun Titan is a personal favorite combo. Reconnaissance is a great card for commanders that want to attack but not actually be part of combat. Hope some of these ideas are helpful good luck and happy Gathering.
5 months ago
One card I would immediately think of for any Enchantment-only based deck is Starfield of Nyx. The ability to recur works especially well with something like Lunar Force or Hesitation, which can lock your opponent out of the game pretty easily. I also really like it with any "Seal" effect, such as Seal of Doom, Seal of Cleansing, Seal of Removal, and similar: Font of Fortunes, Compulsion, Soul Snare, or kinda Grave Peril.
Also, Pernicious Deed is a good enchantment-based board wipe, which may come in handy at some points. There are some other good creature hate cards available like Pendrell Mists, AEther Barrier, Porphyry Nodes, and stuff like Choke or Contamination, which are awesome hosers you could sideboard in. Lastly, the Parallax partial cycle is kinda fun for slowing things down: Parallax Nexus, Parallax Tide, Parallax Wave. And I've always enjoyed Nettlevine Blight. If you can get the counter lock going with Lunar Force and Starfield of Nyx, Nettlevine Blight will slowly eat them away to nothing.
5 months ago
I'd put in Shielded Aether Thief over both turtle and theorist. It's a better blocker, consistently generates energy and can provide card advantage, and well block most ground-based attackers. Also, if Baral's Expertise is a 4 of, maybe put in Lunar Force. It gives you delirium fuel, can be put out by expertise, and is generally an O.K. card. At worst, it's "Opponent Discards Non-Land Card" for 3 mana, which isn't a great floor, but in this deck it might actually work.