Legendary Creature — Demon Dragon
When Malfegor enters the battlefield, discard your hand. Each opponent sacrifices a creature for each card discarded this way.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
4 months ago
7 months ago
Thank you for sharing.
There is a Demon Dragon in MtG: Malfegor . He's kind of narrow but has a strong effect.
8 months ago
In my humble opinion, Kaldheim is looking like an amazing set. We haven't gotten any broken things, but they all look fun. Let's go over some of the future commanders of our hearts! I'm skipping over commanders that use fortell, as we don't have many cards for them. Oh, and the cards that don't interest me. My post, my rules!
- Magda, Brazen Outlaw: The dwarf commander we've all been waiting for! Dwarven Recruiter is finally good, and you can add in some spicy treasure/dragon synergies, too! I-I think we did it guys. We broke Dockside Extortionist. Oh, and Hellkite Tyrant is a must.
- Halvar, God of Battle Flip: While pretty good in Voltron decks, he makes for the first artifact commander we've ever had, and I know my Inner Johnny is tickled at that fact. The Equipment side is also super cool, with being able to pay 4 mana to resuscitate one of your creatures. With some Phyrexian Altar + Ashnod's Altar janks, we can make a fun mono-white combo deck! Oh, and Batterskull says hi.
- Lathril, Blade of the Elves: I'm really psyched for this general. She looks like a way to make Golgari Elfball more viable, has a crazy, but not broken, activated ability, and is one of the only generals to make a usually too-competitive strategy fit for more casual tables. She has synergy up the wazoo with cards like Immaculate Magistrate and Timberwatch Elf. Oh, and one card that should be in every one of her decks, but is in zero so far, is Elder of Laurels. This card = broken in this deck, often turning your Lathril, Blade of the Elves into a four-digit power commander. Run it!
- Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider: Finally, Superfriends has some support! But seriously, this is just another Doubling Season with an upside on a stick for Atraxa, Praetors' Voice. If you want to be cruel and run this bad boy as a commander, stax/superfriends seems the way to go. Say hello to Smokestack!
- Toski, Bearer of Secrets: And people said Green couldn't draw cards! Why did they have to print another Edric, Spymaster of Trest? This card is also an indestructible blocker with cards like Seedborn Muse and Quest for Renewal. Oh, and it can't be countered. Why? Because green.
- Valki, God of Lies Flip: This card is super fun. It's like a Lazav, the Multifarious but you get to use your opponent's creatures. But where this 'lil trickster god really shines is in the 99. But more specifically, in the 99 of The First Sliver. See, you can cascade into Valki, God of Lies Flip, but instead of casting the small side, you can just windmill-slam Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor on Turn 4. Fun!
- Sarulf, Realm Eater: Golgari Control is a thing, I guess? Stack your deck like card:Skullbrair, the Walking Grave does, but instead of going for the voltron combos, instead, you wipe your opponent's board every turn. Evolutionary Escalation is a must. Who cares about an 8/8 on your opponent's side when it's dead?
- Kolvori, God of Kinship Flip: Man, Sisay, Weatherlight Captain sure got a lot of new goodies in this set! This card is unfortunately not great as a commander. If I'm playing mono-green legends, I'd rather play Reki, the History of Kamigawa.
- Tergrid, God of Fright Flip: I love this card. There. I've said it. I'm done. This goes in so many different decks: Nekusar, the Mindrazer, Tinybones, Trinket Thief, Malfegor, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Nath of the Gilt-Leaf, the list goes on and on! As a commander, she's kill-on-sigh. A single Smallpox just wins you the game.
- Vega, the Watcher: I'll say it: This is probably the most powerful uncommon commander ever printed. This triggers off of so many things: Elsha of the Infinite, Flahsback, Cascade, Retrace, Future Sight, Suspend, Adventure, Foretell, Impulse Draw, etc. Need I say more?
8 months ago
1 year ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Draknoz already said anthem effects, Crucible and Door, that pump Dragons are not really needed because Dragons are already have big power and flying. An exception could be if you add Dragon Broodmother, Mystery Booster version. These types of anthem effects could be cut for draw sources such as Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner since draw would be overall more helpful. Dragonlord Ojutai, Mystery Booster version, can be repeatable Anticipate, card advantage. Being able to choose one from three cards can be nice on a budget and she's also a 4 drop 5/4 Dragon.
If a mana dork can't make more than one color than I don't think on a budget it's good enough to play with five colors. To consistently be able to take advantage of one drop mana dorks you need lots of lands that can ETB untapped to make green mana turn one. This manabase because on a budget doesn't have that. If you ever upgrade the manabase with Shocks, Fetches and some Pains then some one drop mana dorks could be added.
Faeburrow Elder and Paradise Druid are fine budget mana dork options for five colors. Either one could replace Pillar of Origins. Mana Geode is the worst three drop mana rock here and there's quite a few of them. It could be cut for Idyllic Tutor to get Tempest or Ascendancy.
If having trouble with opponent board states of little creatures attacking you then consider some budget damage spells and more lower mana cost Dragons? Earthquake and Rolling Earthquake, Double Masters version, for damage spells and Earthquake doesn't hurt Dragons. Thunderbreak Regent is a three drop 4/4 Dragon, Glorybringer is a four drop 4/4 Dragon who can potentially kill a creature the turn you play it with exert and Kiora has interaction with exert. These Dragons could replace Numot, the Devastator and Mana-Charged Dragon.
1 year ago
Note: re:Above list. Serra has no creature legendary so it may exclude her.
- Arcanis the Omnipotent
- Bosh, Iron Golem
- Dakkon Blackblade
- Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
- Higure, the Still Wind
- Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
- Jaya Ballard (one creature, 2 walkers)
- Karona, False God
- Kresh the Bloodbraided
- Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
- Maralen of the Mornsong
- Mayael the Anima
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
- Phage the Untouchable
- Raksha Golden Cub
- Reaper King
- Rith, the Awakener
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Seshiro the Anointed
- Sisters of Stone Death
So now figure out which ones are most likely to fit into Tefiri's Past/Lore. Still say Sidar is most likely, But Jaya as another creature card could be possible I suppose.
1 year ago
Hey, looks good, nice job and upgrade making adds/cuts :)
The next place to look to make some upgrades is the manabase. Command Tower is included in the Madness precon and is one of the best lands in Commander for mulicolored decks. Other budget less than $3 each lands to consider are Dragonskull Summit is the Rakdos Check land, Jund Panorama can be saced to search for a Swamp or Mountain basic land, Tainted Peak and Foreboding Ruins are good with lots of Swamps in the manabase.
K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth is included in the Madness precon and it's busted with Vilis, Broker of Blood . Krrik is also good with Razaketh, the Foulblooded and Pestilence Demon as well as other Demons. Shadowborn Apostle costs no mana to cast when you control Krrik instead can pay 2 life. Activating an Apostle also can cost no mana instead 2 life. Most Demons have in their casting costs which can instead be paid for with 4 life. Krrik could replace Malfegor .
1 year ago
Fair enough. Though if I were to cut cards for your suggestions, what would you cut/add? Also would Malfegor be a good addition, as we're trying to dump demons to the bin? (P.S. I don't really like Wake the Dead for this deck, looks like a fun card for an ETB deck tho!)