Creature — Human Cleric
Artifacts and enchantments you control have shroud. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities.)
|Want (3)||starfoils , TheMagicFanatic , TRD66|
Printings View all
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fountain Watch Discussion
7 months ago
Have you considered Worship? With all of your recursion and creature protection, it could make you pretty tough to kill (especially if you add the on-theme Fountain Watch to protect it). Commander damage and life-loss effects would still be an issue, but white has the tools to mitigate those corner cases (e.g., Teferi's Protection).
Lifeline might be another fun way to keep your worshipers, er, worshipful. You can break Lifelin's symmetry with all your exile effects, and your auto-win with Liliana's contract ensures that the bogged-down board state that results from Lifeline isn't a problem for you.
1 year ago
Do you think Fountain Watch would be a good addition? Several wincons among your artifacts and enchantments, and Fountain Watch is a lot easier to keep alive given all the protection/indestructible effects.
1 year ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
1 year ago
Lord_Grimm on Hexes
1 year ago
cut: Vampiric Tutor , Fountain Watch , Righteous Aura , Authority of the Consuls , Gift of Immortality , Mastermind's Acquisition , Soldevi Excavations , Profane Procession Flip, Prison Term , Creeping Tar Pit ?
1 year ago
Hey Astro2, the Orim's Chant is not in the SB. It is in the MaybeBoard.
I have many different suggestions:
Hope that helps. :)
1 year ago
Blaze of Triumph
Blaze of Triumph deals 3 damage to any target. Then if non-creature sources you control have dealt 20 damage or more this turn, you win the game.
Create a creature of at least two colours that somehow protects another permanent type, Similar to Fountain Watch's ability.
1 year ago
Hmm, it depends on the life gain you will get. The problem with most Orzhov decks is that the card draw is fairly limited to only black, the draws we can get is based on life. What's great is Ad Nauseam is an instant speed spell, paying 15 life is not the worse for refilling your hand for 7 cards. The downside is yes you reveal but at the same time that's 7 cards more resources than your opponents. You will also negate the life loss with the gain from your Clerics, that's my perspective on it.
That aside their are a couple other suggestions, like Gadiaten recommended earlier Lifeline is a hell of a card in Ayli. Oversold Cemetery is another create card to keep that pressure on board. Academy Rector is a cleric that can grab you any enchantment card straight to the battlefield. Alms Collector is like the more fair version of Notion Thief but it is worth consideration for a slot. Children of Korlis is hidden tech with life loss like say Necropotence or like I said Ad Nauseam :P. Custodi Soulcaller is a decent card that reanimates as well. Ethersworn Canonist is great when slowing down opponent's and vindicating their board with Ayli. Same with Leonin Arbiter, taxes them for searching their library. Sanctum Prelate is also another good card for disruption. Order of Whiteclay can be used for recursion as well, although a bit slow.
Priest of Gix can lead to ramp if you have Edgewalker on field as well. Twilight Prophet is also a card I like cuz it gains you life and card draw. Same with Tymna the Weaver. Weathered Wayfarer is a card that also fixes your mana.