|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Target creature's controller sacrifices it, then puts X 1/1 green and white Elf Warrior creature tokens into play, where X is that creature's power.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mercy Killing Discussion
4 days ago
Other B/W soul sisters lists that I've seen do well usually include Illness in the Ranks combined with Forbidden Orchard. Mercy Killing also becomes super good. I've also always seen them with Dark Confidant, and Archangel of Thune.
1 month ago
I've looked at Song of the Dryads on and off in the past. It's a fairly solid removal card in green.
At the moment, I'm considering swapping out Archon of Justice. While Archon is awesome, at 5 mana I'm really starting to notice the cost.
1 month ago
@HydraxI like beck. I'm worried that it costs too many mana when paired with Hunted Phantasm or Hunted Troll and also that if they counter the troll/phantasm then they get a 1-for-2. I am going to playtest it and see how it fits in. With regard to Curse of the Swine and Swan Song: curse was in the initial deck but it is weak removal even without the tokens (and the tokens are often a pain) and Swan Song used to be a three of on the sideboard but modern sideboarding is very robotic and it doesn't fit well on the mainboard because, unless there are two Illness in the Ranks on the 'field, then the token will be annoying to remove (it would require a full spell to itself).
Thanks for your suggestions and +1s everyone. I am adding Swan Song to the maybeboard because it just fits so well with the theme.
1 month ago
You could also consider running Mercy Killing as a fun removal option.
2 months ago
Some suggestions I have for your deck:
One downside to token decks is that the best token producers are at a high cmc, so I would recommend you get a good ramp package for your early drops. Cards like Avacyn's Pilgrim, Farseek, Rampant Growth, Boros Signet, Gruul Signet, and Selesnya Signet.
Champion of Lambholt benefits from both token producing and the additional power granted by your commander.
Mercy Killing is a really flexible card which is usually used to convert your own large creatures (hopefully after getting the attack buff from Gahiji, Honored One) who will die from spot removal anyway into tokens. It also can deal with problem creatures your opponent's control in a pinch.
Board wipes are a problem for decks like this that commit to the board, so you may want to try out cards that lessen their impact like Dauntless Escort, Fresh Meat, and to a lesser extent, Goblin Bombardment.
Overall this is a solid deck, and with a bit of tweaking could become extremely powerful and unique.
2 months ago
Really cool deck, +1. At first I was thinking another Vorel of the Hull Clade would be sweet, it's your call though. If it were mine I'd include: 1) protection spells (Ranger's Guile, Withstand Death etc); and, 2) threat removal (Time to Feed or Mutant's Prey for example).
2 months ago
Cool deck, +1. I've only got 2 things:
1) You most likely won't need 21 Land, especially with all the Mana-dorks you're packing. I'd try runing just 19 lands which will free up 2 spots for...
2) You might need threat removal for A-hole things. Can I recommend the old staple Beast Within or even Mercy Killing which has the added bonus of being cast upon one of your own creatures. If you find that you want to keep all your lands, you could try swapping out Overwhelming Stampede or Increasing Savagery...maybe.
2 months ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .