Creature — ElementalExile an instant or sorcery spell you control: Put two +1/+1 counters on Nivmagus Elemental.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.15||$0.39||$1.95||$1.97||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (24)||the.beanpole , HavokX , pskinn01 , lordoftheshadows , LabRattKing , agGravity , Crow_Of_The_Void , MoJoMiXuP , Regulus1010 , miracle , Lightning_Collectors , TheRedMage , Virlym , Xathrid845 , avatarofdiscord , deatn1342 , Iwasforger03 , KiBMagic , TheDevicer , ironax , AlbinoLion , Valentine35 , YungNixon , TroyMicheal|
Nivmagus Elemental Discussion
4 days ago
Since there's been so many legendary creatures and permanents lately, I'll make mine not a legendary.
Jund Spell Devourer
Creature - Troll Shaman
: Regenerate Jund Spell Devourer
Whenever Jund Spell Devourer becomes the target of an instant or sorcery your opponents control, you may pay . If you do, exile that spell and put a +1/+1 counter on Jund Spell Devourer.4/4
The first ability is a regeneration ability which I believe all trolls neeed to have. The second is a riff on Devour - I am not sure that ability is red per se, but it was in Izzet colors the last time we saw something similar (Nivmagus Elemental).
Make a card that can exile himself and return itself to the battlefield, except the "return itself to the battlefield" part is optional, and sometimes you will want to leave the card in exile.
6 days ago
If you do end up toying around with Nivmagus Elemental then I would highly recommend playing Shattering Spree over Vandalblast in your sideboard. You can replicate Spree a bunch and then just exile all of the copies to pump the Elemental.
1 week ago
I know it sounds kindof evil, but how about adding in some Nivmagus Elementals. You play a 1 mana instant, deal them 2 damage, and a creature gets 2 1/1 counters. How about adding the pacts. they dont go through because of nivmagus and they deal 2 damage from guttersnipe. or are these too expensive? i dunno. just got a bit carried away with the idea
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Not "harsh" as much as almost-deliberately misunderstanding, but I'll give you a pass.
Carrying over the same ideas would mean creating as many targets as possible and casting spells that are fair before they're copied a billion times (e.g. Crimson Wisps). The truth is the lack of blue -- in particular for Nivmagus Elemental -- and the restriction of the ability to spells you cast which results in the targeting of only your creatures makes Zada very narrow, minimally breakable and, admittedly, he/she/it/whatever and Ink-Treader much less similar.
Most of the cards you need but don't have listed at this point don't trigger Zada -- Tempt with Vengeance, Firecat Blitz, and Rapacious One in addition to various Goblin token producers should give you enough targets. Consider the aforementioned Purphoros, God of the Forge and Haze of Rage since you'll have so many bodies. You'll also want Gamble, Anarchist, and Charmbreaker Devils. Given that they don't break Zada, I should assume these will be non grata but the better-natured side of me wants to suggest them to you anyway.
1 month ago
For starters: thanks to all of you who have commented and upvoted the deck. It is much appreciated!!!
Sometimes late but I deliver!:
- : Wooohooooo yes! Kiln Fiend
- Cole6000: Yes, I'm tempted to add Pyromancer's Goggles, maybe soon in the future. Thanks for the suggestion !
- Nixin72: Nivmagus Elemental has blue on it, and I'm a purist hahahah
- kriggi: Guttersnipe doesn't really go with the theme of the deck, but you can add it in a build of your own or a mod of this one :) Thanks for the support.
- GeraldM: hell yeah this is nice! Thanks for posting.
- Sandman1278: Now the price went up but yeah, it's still legacy under 100 bucks or so.
- Shoug: Well... Burst Lightning has instant speed and can grow into a 4 damage spell for a late game kicked-spell. :D!
- Pedosaurus: thanks for the love man, I'm happy you liked the deck!
- Castform: Soul's Fire was the spell I was looking for! Thanks for stopping by man :)
- Babuchas3000: I'm tempted to add Barbarian Ring, but sometimes that 1 or 2 life points can make the difference. Thanks for the suggestion though! <3
- TheFanatic: Gut Shot is a nice surprise but 1 card for just one damage is not worth it... I put Shard Volley. Also 4x Assault Strobe proved to be 1x too many through extensive playtesting (since design). Thanks for the love and advice!
- Mikeroni & Vyxil: Nor Titan's Strength nor Rouse the Mob made it to the last build... I'm using just an extra 3x Shard Volley and 1x Thunderous Wrath. Also Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle is useful but I'm gonna test it again with this build.
- withoutdoubtlongestusernamever & cbr600rr: Breath of Darigaaz pls. Such burn. Much damage. Wow. Thanks for stopping by, both of ya!
- Colgate: Chandra is useful here as a finisher and long term survival. And yes, this can be legacy-competitive except against a full control deck.
Be sure to check the other decks in the cycle. One deck for each color! Spread the love.
Also claim your Onion Sacrifice if you haven't already! SMITE ONION
|Power / Toughness||1/2|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Return to Ravnica||Rare|