Lands you control are every basic land type in addition to their other types.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Prismatic Omen occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
- question about scapeshift and flagstones of trokair
- Prismatic Omen with Bounce lands
- How many triggers with Valakut + Prismatic Omen
- Does Prismatic Omen make Valakut, the molten pinnacle count itself?
- Can Prismatic Omen let me bring out 'nonbasic' lands with abilities that let me search my library for basic lands?
Prismatic Omen Discussion
5 days ago
Alright, having done some more rules related diggings, I think my above post is wrong about Dryad + Moon interaction. Dryad should work fully under a Blood Moon effect no matter if played before or after, because they are "in addition" instead of "are", as with Prismatic Omen, which the Moon + Prismatic interaction DOES depend on the timestamp.
1 week ago
Although not exactly making waves competitively to my knowledge; I am recently obsessed with Dryad of the Ilysian Grove.
In pioneer it seems like it'd have great synergy with Nissa, Who Shakes the World or maybe some kinda Maze's End deck....In modern I think it can be in a valakut deck with Prismatic Omen? or supplemant TitanShift/AmuletTitan?.... maybe some hybrid of the two?
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply and upvote Meachman Yeah field of the dead is already on my desk and ready to get puzzled inside the deck! Just didnt get around to do it!
Well valakut.. the plan is to use it in combination with Prismatic Omen, every land is a mountain.. I played alot of games with this deck already.. i hit prismatic omen often so thats no problem.. Valakut on the other hand is a card that i never gotten in my hand... like.. so i havent tested it yet! xD Squandered Resources has been on my to watch list already but thanks again for the tips! ^^
2 weeks ago
We like your deck but like Bawx1235, we think it could benefit from being a little faster. Mana fixing is always a thing that needs to be taken care of in a five-color deck and one of the best cards currently out there for this, is Dryad of the Ilysian Grove. He acts as an Exploration and Prismatic Omen in one; either of which would also increase the deck's speed by the way.
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
3 weeks ago
Nice! im also playing with Dryad of the Ilysian Grove in Modern but, im going more in the domain-zoo direction with valakut to do direct damage when im out of gas.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
First of all, I'm always so impressed with this group! Sometimes it takes me a while to find time to reply to posts, but I always find that someone takes the words right out of my mouth already, haha. Sorry for how absent I am at times, but it seems the page is in good hands regardless!
I completly agree with everything XinZhao and WUBRG97 said. Prismatic Omen (and thus Dryad of the Ilysian Grove) are much more useful in 3+ color decks (my 5 color Theros God deck is having a field day!). Forcing Valukut has never been my thing.
This past set was AMAZING for green, but not really for how we play green. Sadly, the best card we could get right now is a new 2cmc ramp spell or something lol
1 month ago
It makes me happy that my ideas for cuts are echoed in your suggestions.
- I had been suspecting that I could cut one of my two "has P/T equal to the number of lands you control" big beaters, and the better one is definitely Ulvenwald Hydra. It fetches any land straight to the battlefield, and has reach. Trample would be nice, but I remove threats so well that I will always have a target.
- I've had a Rogue's Passage out in time for a big swing with a Multani or Ulvenwald Hydra, and in fact, I used to run RP just for those conditions, but I no longer think it is necessary. If the only beefy creature in the deck is Ulvenwald Hydra (assuming I cut MYA, which is likely), I think I will put Valakut in for Rogue's Passage. Doesn't make sense to run an evasion utility land for one creature, and if I need to tutor a win condition in the late game, it sure as hell won't be a big creature. There are too many other easy ways to win.
- If I make the following cuts . . .
- Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar comes out, Dread Presence goes in.
- Rogue's Passage comes out, Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle goes in.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip comes out, Prismatic Omen goes in.
- Wayward Swordtooth comes out, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove goes in.
. . . it actually solves a lot of the problems I used to have with the Valakut win condition. I used to have such a hard time achieving Valakut triggers because I didn't have enough ways to stick the "all lands are mountains" effect necessary. But with these cuts, I have redundant Prismatic Omen effects, and I may be able to just accomplish it incidentally by playing the Dryad as a normal Wayward Swordtooth "extra lands" effect.
I also want to thank you for your advice. You clearly know what you are doing, and this deck has been my pet project (and also the first EDH deck I've taken seriously and built entirely myself). I appreciate your input greatly, and I hope you bring your insights to any decks of mine you find interesting!
- (Stay Tuned - I am in the initial stages of a Prime Speaker Zegana Hydra tribal deck that may end up being better than I initially planned)