Destroy target artifact or land.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Violent Impact Discussion
6 months ago
Hey, well done on a budget for your first Commander deck. I'm having fun with Veyran with Kalamax, the Stormsire .
You have 111 cards which is too many. Cards to consider cutting to get to 100 cards:
- Temple of the False God : you don't have any land ramp, only relying on land drops to get five or more lands. This land will not be able to tap for mana until turn five or six at the earliest which is really bad.
- Sphinx-Bone Wand : it's too slow for the for payoff even with Veyran. It's seven mana and you then have to cast an instant or sorcery to put a counter on it.
- Siren of the Fanged Coast : five mana 4/4 flier is what this will be every time you cast it which is subpar.
- Brass's Bounty : not worth seven mana for treasures since you don't want to ramp into it. Need at least six lands in your control to make paying seven mana worth six treasures.
- Curator's Ward : you have better hexproof protection (Greaves/Boots) for Veyran.
- Selective Snare : narrow sorcery speed removal since only works on one creature type.
- Violent Impact
- Traitorous Blood
- Darksteel Ingot
- Jori En, Ruin Diver
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Reiterate : combos with Mana Geyser to make infinite red mana as long as opponents have seven or more tapped lands. Buyback is nice when you want to be casting instants since it lets you after resolving it put it back into your hand to cast again. Mana enablers Storm-Kiln Artist and Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip are excellent with buyback.
Buyback is the reason that Reiterate can be a infinite combo with Geyser. After copying Geyser with Reiterate you resolve the copy of Geyser first and then resolve the original Reiterate which puts it back into your hand. While the original Geyser is still on the stack cast Reiterate again to copy the original Geyser and repeat. Can make infinite storm count for
, infinite cast of instant for
Ral, Storm Conduit
or infinite mana for
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
as win conditions.
- Solve the Equation : tutor for any instant or sorcery.
- Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
- Frantic Search : goes well with High Tide since it can untap lands. Being able to cast an instant to draw and then untap lands lets you potentially cast another instant that you may of drawn to get more out of Veyran and magecraft.
- Brainstorm : staple blue draw spell, instant draw three for one mana.
- Increasing Vengeance : copy your own instant or sorcery. Has flashback which lets you cast it again from your graveyard and if you do copy your own instant or sorcery twice.
- Preordain : Scry 2 before you draw is nice. One mana spell that's a good target to copy.
- Wizard's Retort : Veyran is a Wizard.
- Shivan Reef
- Ash Barrens
- Grixis Panorama
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
I'm planning on having a 5-color pioneer deck with the same main focus, and these are the few = cards I can use to prevent them from doing anything:
If you make a Pioneer deck out of this, I would love to see how it goes!
2 years ago
I greatly appreciate Madcap Skills as a wincon. My favorite common from all of RTR block.
2 years ago
Oh, also, now that you've nixed Torch Fiend , you're a little light on artifact removal. You could swap out Wrecking Ball for Pillage or Violent Impact to remedy that, since your deck is packed with creature removal.
3 years ago
-I would run at least 2x Seismic Shift in the sideboard because it has the potential to win you the game. -You also need artifact removal in the sideboard like more Abrades or some other red artifact removal like just running Smelt would be fine. There are probably better ones out there but you definitely need some artifact removal. Violent Impact Would also be fine
3 years ago
Thanks for the comments. I did have a question on Seismic Shift, you stated that I should do more with land destruction, is this card just too expensive?
With your suggestions, I made a few adjustments and will be aquirring cards over time. As a start I am adding:
As time goes on I will continue to swap out cards. As far as the direction, I would like to go more casual and 4 way free-for-all. Any other help is greatly appreciated.