Theft of Dreams
Draw a card for each tapped creature target opponent controls.
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Uncommon|
|Portal Second Age (P02)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Theft of Dreams Discussion
4 months ago
Love me some Phelddagrif! You might like these:
- Treetop Village, Lumbering Falls, Stirring Wildwood. Sneaky Intruder Alarm Synergy!
- Wilderness Reclamation, Frontier Siege, Smothering Tithe
- Nacatl War-Pride. This card is so cool with Phelddagrif. You can actually have the copies attack players other than the defending player of the non-token Nacatl. For example, you can swing OG Nacatl at your frenemy who has 10 hippos, and send the 10 Nacatl copies at non-friend opponents. Has syngery with Teferi's Protection too: Respond to Nacatl's delayed trigger that would normally exile the cat tokens with TP (tokens that are phased out can't be exiled) allowing you to keep all the cat copies!
- Gideon, Champion of Justice, Ezuri's Predation, Arachnogenesis, Dingus Staff. Weaponize the hippo gifts.
- Mantle of Leadership. Give someone hippos just to kill them with commander damage!
- Beck / Call, Borrowing 100,000 Arrows, Theft of Dreams, Keep Watch. Profit from giving hippos.
Here's my hippo list if you're interested: Super Hippo
7 months ago
Ahh yes, this is what the hippo was meant for! You might like these: Dingus Staff , Angel's Trumpet , Reins of Power , Nacatl War-Pride , Primal Vigor , Clone Legion , Deploy to the Front , Mantle of Leadership , Beck , Keep Watch , Theft of Dreams , Borrowing 100,000 Arrows , Biomantic Mastery , Seedborn Muse , Mercy Killing , Thunderstaff
I made a similar build (not just hugs, hippo wants to win >:O) with a primer if you want to check it out: Super Hippo
10 months ago
These might interest you: Peregrine Drake , Archaeomancer , Ghostly Flicker , Displace , Call to Mind , Relearn , Theft of Dreams , Borrowing 100,000 Arrows , Mark of Eviction , Cloudstone Curio , Equilibrium , Sunken Hope , Venser, Shaper Savant , Riptide Laboratory , Turnabout
11 months ago
I know you're looking for non-wheel card draw. I don't love cantrips in EDH unless there is a number-of-spells-matters effect in play but they can smooth out a deck a bit. Ponder , Preordain , Portent , Sleight of Hand , Serum Visions , etc. The sweet spot in around 3-5 CMC for me, ideally drawing CMC -1 but there aren't a ton of spells that efficient. I don't love Divination in EDH (2 for 3) but it's the gold-standard in 60-card decks for a quickie hand refill. There are tons of efficient cards like Divination too.
There are a ton of "draw 3, discard 1" for 4 or 5 mana, which are okay. Sift , Trial of Knowledge , and Amass the Components , for example. Many are costed for being commons, which isn't where you wanna be in EDH. There should be plenty of good, efficient cards to draw from though. At the same time, you have a lot of great high-CMC draw, like Consecrated Sphinx and Thought Reflection, so having a few Divination effects might smooth out your draws.
Some suggestions: Concentrate , Windfall , Cathartic Reunion , Plea for Power , Tidings , Nin, the Pain Artist , Finale of Revelation , Mind Spring , Braingeyser , Stroke of Genius , Blue Sun's Zenith , Fact or Fiction , Chart a Course , Ugin's Insight , Treasure Cruise , Dig Through Time , Kumena's Awakening , Fevered Visions , Honden of Seeing Winds , Reverse Engineer , Read the Runes , Precognitive Perception , Distant Memories , Arcane Encyclopedia , Endless Atlas , Trail of Evidence , Theft of Dreams , Borrowing 100,000 Arrows , Nezahal, Primal Tide , Kefnet the Mindful , Cavalier of Gales , Combustible Gearhulk , Thassa, God of the Sea , Shared Discovery , Secrets of the Golden City , Vivisection , Weight of Memory , Recurring Insight , Breakthrough , Niv-Mizzet, Parun , Deep Analysis , Gush , Invoke the Firemind , Expansion / Explosion , Chandra, Flamecaller , Dragon Mage , Wild Guess , Tormenting Voice , Arch of Orazca , Runehorn Hellkite , Conqueror's Galleon Flip, Kraum, Ludevic's Opus , Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist , Commune with Lava .
2 years ago
@wraya2 I recall some removal that hits tapped creatures. Betrayal, Excoriate, Select for Inspection, Sheer Drop, Stonybrook Schoolmaster, Theft of Dreams. You can run creatures with Inspired to reap their abilities.
2 years ago
You know, I agree with the instant speed removal. I know that those are better I just was going for the most bang for your buck so to speak. I actually misunderstood Path of Ancestry, I thought it read something else. This is an auto-include in any multi-color deck woops! I'm actually not the biggest fan of Petals of Insight, but with a bunch of mana it does let me go through a lot of my deck, and I don't like the conditional-ness of Theft of Dreams too much. Under the majority of circumstances Mystic Remora is a meta card and not so much a staple, but considering the serious amount of mana this deck makes it won't hurt just having out.
2 years ago
Here are some changes I would make:
- Replace Quiet Disrepair and Fade into Antiquity with Naturalize and Natural State
- Replace Woodland Stream with Path of Ancestry
- Replace Petals of Insight with Theft of Dreams
- Replace Edge of Autumn and Simic Signet with Fertile Ground and Utopia Sprawl
- Something for Cloud of Faeries and Wild Growth
The first changes are because I personally think instant speed interaction is better than it being limited to your turn. Second is because Path of Ancestry is strictly better even though it only helps with one creature. Third is because I think Theft of Dreams will be more useful overall. Fourth changes are to implement a new combo with Cloud of Faeries: use the same combo as Drake but if you have two of those enchantments or one with Simic Growth Chamber it will produce unlimited mana.