|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Cockatrice
Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
5GU: Monstrosity 3. (If this creature isn't monstrous, put three +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes monstrous.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fleetfeather Cockatrice Discussion
9 months ago
Maybe take out Simic Sky Swallower, Winged Coatl or Fleetfeather Cockatrice as they do not offer much apart from their keywords. Also Kiora, the Crashing Wave may not be strong enough? She looks very fragile and I assume that she usually won't provide much value.
on Big Fish
1 year ago
Also, I just realized that your deck is 63 cards. I'd strongly recommend going down to 60 cards. I'd probably remove Fishliver Oil, Savage Silhouette, and Fleetfeather Cockatrice, plus whatever else you want to take out if you want to add some of the cards I suggested.
1 year ago
There is a card in the new edition. That is a small paradise bird but I forgot the name. The ability was like: If you pay 2 or 4 Mana (Blue, Green), then you draw 2 or 4 cards? Something like that. Maybe this can fit into your deck dude? :D But apropos Fleetfeather Cockatrice, do you use the software Cockatrice , Domzig138? :D
1 year ago
Actualy fragarach97, I think a commander EDH format would be great, that's why I'm also working on it.
2 years ago
i would switch Prime Speaker Zegana with Vorel of the Hull Clade or Ezuri, Claw of Progress vorel is better then zegana but i think ezuri would really do well for your deck.this is my vorel deck Counter Productive (merfolk tribal) maybe it can give you a few ideas i have a lot of ramp cards in Hale Hydra (tribal) this deck i run lots of green so feel free to check out any other decks i have. i feel you can make this deck strong and fast by going with ezuri and putting in some more tutors for creatures to help your evolve. Green Sun's Zenith & Worldly Tutor & Chord of Calling. and i love hydras and stuff but i feel most of your big creatures are unnecessary there are better cheaper creatures out there, better for what your trying to do like Fleetfeather Cockatrice for certain i think if you get rid of the big guys add in some better smaller more powerful cards that will still work with evolve and triggering it being able to tutor for them and protecting them with cards like Swiftfoot Boots & Haunted Cloak deff. add Bow of Nylea just my thoughts
2 years ago
Very interesting base idea but with some flaws
I will not list what to put out since I would put out a lot here (would be too long). And for another reason I wont do it. You should build the deck yourself and let it evolve and not build it how I would do it.
Just some outlines of what I think and some card ideas.
The flyer+snake idea is good. If your commander gets too much hate you can still build up pressure with flyers.
To your snake part I would suggest adding:
- Ophidian - Another card drawer to use with your commander but with the drawback of not being able to deal damage if you draw
- Seshiro the Anointed - lets you draw a card with every snake dealing damage (if the snake already does you draw 2) AND it pumps all your snakes
- Amoeboid Changeling - you dont have snakes? Make something a snake. Oh and this is also a snake.
- Shapesharer - this card can be fun - it is everything you need. Doesn't need to be a snake. A Darksteel Colossus from your opponents side is cool too. If you first use your commander you keep the unblockable AND the bonus on the copied creature.
To your flyer side I would suggest adding some power:
- Fleetfeather Cockatrice. Fun creature. But it would need testing if its really strong enough.
- Horizon Chimera - interaction with card draw + flash + flying + trample -> nice
- Simic Sky Swallower - this guy is just insane. Its big, it has flying and your opponent has a hard time getting rid of it.
- Trygon Predator - kill the nice things your opponents have just because they shouldn't
- Winged Coatl - self explaining and fun
Another thing is: You play blue. You need counterspells. More of them.
- Counterspell - classic
- Dismiss - counter sth and get a card
- Pact of Negation - counter for 0 if needed.
- Plasm Capture - more mana in the next turn
- Voidslime - the ultimate green-blue counterspell
Lastly I would suggest cutting cards with really weak effects like:
- Rush of Ice - if you need to get rid of sth kill it, bounce it, counter it but dont let it live. A possibility is Pongify
- Crippling Chill - same as above
- Jace's Scrutiny - same as above
- Ojutai's Breath - same as above
- Roilmage's Trick - same as above (in 5 colors it could be good)
- Lead by Example - you can do better in green. Since you dont play with counters there are better options
- Anticipate - you can do better if it comes to card draw
- Negate - I gave you better options. This is too focused
- Archers of Qarsi - unless you focus on walls and defenders this one is useless. Concentrate on winning and not on prolonging the game (unless you win with it of course)
So. Let's see what you do with those suggestions. Further ones may come.
2 years ago
Unless Deathmist Raptor comes with the deck, it doesn't look like you run enough morphs/manifests to make it worth buying... I'd suggest a (cheaper) Basilisk (there are several, and I'm not sure which is best)... perhaps Sylvan Basilisk, Turntimber Basilisk or Lowland Basilisk, or a Cockatrice, such as Fleetfeather Cockatrice
2 years ago
I feel like you could cut a lot of these cards and maybe add extra copies of some of the better ones. Like for example maybe drop Guardians of Meletis, Fleetfeather Cockatrice, Sungrace Pegasus, etc. Seems like more of a casual deck with those in there. Seems cool though!