|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Dead Man's Chest
Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature an opponent controls
When enchanted creature dies, exile cards equal to its power from the top of its owner's library. You may cast nonland cards from among them for as long as their remain exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast those spells.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||jstn.mrrtt , silvereh , chrishuffman95 , admizell , marcus638 , LegendDeer , Big-Foot , Wolfebladeelite , Esquire_ , Mortiferus_Rosa , TheRealSpecialK , Bluboltar , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (5)||Talonisnthavingit , bolke , Der_Schwarzritter , Arcan52 , Mudman|
Dead Man's Chest Discussion
1 month ago
@Valzasaurus Glad you enjoy it.
About life gain: Don't worry! The cool thing about theft deck is that the answers always lie in your opponents decks ;)
So these are the cards you probably have overlooked: Dead Man's Chest, Gonti, Lord of Luxury, Acquire, Expropriate, Knowledge Exploitation, Mind's Dilation, Praetor's Grasp, Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, Sakashima the Impostor, Evil Twin, Stolen Identity, Psychic Intrusion, Memory Plunder, Sakashima's Student, Thada Adel, Acquisitor, Daring Thief & Silent-Blade Oni
2 months ago
Add more thuds its a good win condition if you have a big creature also add more Cast Down and try to add more cards that take things like Dead Man's Chest. Smelt should be in the side board cause its good against artifact decks. Also Costly Plunder is a good draw card for this deck cause of its low cmc. Plus if you want to be fun cause you taking many of your opponents creatures and sacking them, you should add revel in riches as a alternate win condition. Maybe you should also add a Tilonalli's Skinshifter.
2 months ago
I dig it. I just finished my Vaevictis list as well. He's incredibly powerful in Brawl. Here are some cards that I would recommend you find a slot for:
The Scorpion God is the non-commander MVP. It gives you board presence (6/5), a mana-sink value engine (-1/-1 counters for cards), and recursion - what else could you possibly ask for?
Torment of Hailfire is the best "I win the game" card in the Brawl format, bar none. I will be soooooo sad when it rotates. It literally represents over 50% of my wins with my Angrath, the Flame-Chained deck.
If Vaevictis is on the board, Dead Man's Chest represents awesome card advantage because you can so reliably destroy whatever creature you attach it to.
2 months ago
I suggest Chaos Wand would be good to use your opponent's own spells
4 months ago
Traveler247 Tbh I dont need LED in the deck, but I have one and it synergises well so Im using it. As for cEDH lists, its used a lot in Doomsday lines and a little bit for infinite mana for Bomberman combos but Dramatic Scepter is really where its at with infinite mana these days.
I used to have the dark depths combo in a deck but found it a bit janky, although I can imagine it would fit well in this deck.
In my combo section I mention the use of Flash with Hulk, that combo however I would not say is janky. Thats one of the fastest combos available in the game, but Ive pretty much cut combos from this deck coz I have so many in other decks already.
- Dead Man's Chest looks like some great value
- Equilibrium I like this, I love playing control
- Hostage Taker testing at the moment but havent drawn it yet, should be good though
- Kederekt Leviathan awesome with reanimate enchantments, I talked about this in my combo section
- Infernal Darkness I prefer Contamination especially in a creature heavy deck
- Mind Harness I like Treachery over this as its basically free to cast with no upkeep costs
- Finally, I want to avoid infinite turns with this deck because I have so many combos in other decks. Also I think Second Chance is more on flavour for infinite turns in this deck, or just playing a normal extra turn card like Time Warp and sacing then recasting E wit each turn / bouncing it with Deadeye would be better coz Time Sieve is a dead draw by itself
4 months ago
Cards I have been experimenting with so far have been Dead Man's Chest, Alpha Authority, Equilibrium, Energy Field, Hostage Taker, Tortured Existence, Infernal Darkness, Kederekt Leviathan, Dystopia, Mind Harness and Dystopia. Granted I love to play control based decks with lots of enchantments so I am a little biased.
4 months ago
you probably need more black permanents for Knight of Grace. Demonic Vigor definitely gets the job done, but unfortunately theres not a lot of other good black permanents in ixalan or dominaria imo. Dead Man's Chest is another option if you have removal spells, although it might be hard to find room for History of Benalia (a staple knights can't do without) + Dead Man's Chest + removal.
5 months ago
I really love the idea behind this deck! It reminds me of something I would have come up with when I first started playing (I mean this in a very positive way!), as it is both plausible and creative!
- Cut 3 Khenra Eternal: They don't really fit into your game plan.
- Add 1 Wall of Forgotten Pharaohs: This card can be powerful in this type of deck.
- Cut 3 Painted Bluffs, 2 Survivors' Encampment, 2 Island, and 2 Swamp: This with the additions below will help smooth out your mana.
- Add 3 Ifnir Deadlands, 4 Fetid Pools, and 4 Drowned Catacomb: Since you are trying to ramp into something big, you probably want to hit as many land drops as you can. Plus you are running a lot of cycling lands, so that'll help mitigate flood.
- Cut 2 Faith of the Devoted, 2 Bontu's Monument, and 2 Kefnet's Monument: These cards don't have enough synergy with your deck, and you could use these slots to be more focused.
- Add 1 Trespasser's Curse, 2-3 Dowsing Dagger , and 3-4 Ammit Eternal: Dowsing Dagger can be really cute with Trespasser's Curse! And Ammit Eternal will ensure your damage gets through
- Cut 3 Scribe of the Mindful, 2 Merciless Eternal, and 1 Seeker of Insight: these cards are less good now that you've gotten rid of faith - Seeker and the Eternal still have potential though, which is why I left them.
- Add more removal! Once you get your Torment of Scarabs online, this deck will really be able to punish any opponent that can't get more than one creature out at a time.
- Removal to consider: Fatal Push, Vraska's Contempt, Underhanded Designs, Trial of Ambition, Ravenous Chupacabra, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Hostage Taker, Essence Extraction, Yahenni's Expertise or Walk the Plank
- Along with your new removal, you may want to play a copy of Dead Man's Chest because that's just cute. And I'm sure this goes without saying, but this deck would also like 2 The Scarab God
- You can easily get the city's blessing with this deck with all of the enchantments that you have, so playing Kumena's Awakening and Vona's Hunger would likely be good. Along the same route, Twilight Prophet would be great too
At this point, I'm sure you're getting tired of reading, but before you go, I will suggest one more thing: either add green or cut blue for green. This allows you to ramp with cards like Spring and Thunderherd Migration, which will power out your big cards earlier!
Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful. Feel free to reach out with your thoughts on my suggestions. Excited to see how you change it up. Please keep me updated on the results.