|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Vampire Knight
Bloodcrazed Paladin enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature that died this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||Brandbrower21 , Vasbear1 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , TheRealPeaches , Spinalripper , Epidilius , NCN946 , Orypool , saj0219 , firemind12 , CampbellStev , philktoken8998 , Pumpkinking913 , Mortiferus_Rosa , mazrimtaim , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Regulus1010 , VoidCaster113|
|Want (11)||xanadus , shootersam12 , LePtitNabot , KalebBro , shivanphoenix09 , fast313 , Jaimacantroll , awfulNeutral , DocMockingbird , king0fclubs , Ob1012|
Bloodcrazed Paladin Discussion
2 weeks ago
Modern is a great format, but being a new player it isn't ideal to start playing it. Casual/Kitchen Table will be what you should stick to for now, until you feel like you're ready to start playing FNM in the Standard format.
So you like (/)Orzhov. It is a good color mix despite them being enemy colors. Expect to see some Orzhov cards in the next magic set, Ravnica Allegiance. What kind of tokens do you like? Creature or utility tokens like Treasure?
Vampires from Ixalan and Rivals of Ixalan are predominately . So I'd look into those first. Bloodcrazed Paladin, Vicious Conquistador, Vona, Butcher of Magan, Legion's Landing Flip, Profane Procession Flip and Elenda, the Dusk Rose to name a few.
3 weeks ago
I'd toss in more lands, or lower your curve, 21-22 will smoothen out your draws and mulligans.
Would be the best landbase for this deck, requiring two drops, my picks would be a copy of Vanquisher's Banner and Duress. In fact I would drop the other Duress for a Radiant Destiny or Vicious Conquistador, maybe some spiciness with Bloodcrazed Paladin, who knows.
A sideboard would also be nice, maybe some Bloodcrazed Paladins for the control matchup, where they want to sweep your field, and you get a big 8/8 in the trade, or some removal like Invoke the Divines, maybe some Seal Aways or Cast Downs.
Elenda, the Dusk Rose is a must in the board, really it is normally gonna do what Bloodcrazed Paladin does but in a different way. Profane Procession Flip is also a good card against midrange for the list.
My sideboard would look like this:
1 month ago
Okay, foxx2487 then I'd suggest you add some Divests to go along with your Duresses, once it goes Standard in October, I'd use Never Happened to replace your Lost Legacies. I'd also mainboard your Raiders' Wake and drop the Vampire Neonates for more Vicious Conquistadors. Bloodcrazed Paladin would be a good addition for board wipes. Cast Down will likely serve you better than Murder and I concur that you should invest in more Vraska's Contempt. Urgoros, the Empty One would be a better alternative to Vampire Sovereign even though it cost more. I believe Ruin Raider replacing Skymarch Bloodletter would give you more of a reason to have a Reliquary Tower.
1 month ago
Just my thoughts on your suggestions.
1) Price of Progress is definitely a great card for this style of deck, but I much rather prefer permanent effects that ping opponents. It seems like a fantastic finisher later in the game however seems like a very dead card early.
2) I had Iroas, God of Victory in my list earlier and I think its great for Markov. It just happened to be one of the cuts I made earlier when building/testing this deck. Dolmen Gate is another lower CMC card that I've also tested and have found to be useful.
3) Honestly due to how low of a curve this deck functions on you really don't need much ramp/fast mana. Of the Moxen you suggested, the only one I would consider running is Mox Diamond, since it can really help with color fixing. Chrome Mox, makes you lose too much tempo by pitching a card that would be far more useful in play than as fodder for ramp (I tested this in earlier iterations of this deck). As for Mox Amber, I really am not a fan of the card; it ends up being way too inconsistent as it relies on you having a legendary permanent out to do anything.
4) Wheel of Fortune is definitely not in my list due to cost reasons. Amazing for this list though.
5) I have tested Yawgmoth's Will in this deck in the past. Good card for the list for sure, I just chose to use it in another deck and since this is one of my more casual decks I didn't feel bad removing it from this deck.
6) You hit the nail on the head about Aether Vial. I'm using 1-drops to get eminence triggers out early to swarm opponents. Aether Vial really goes against what I'm trying to accomplish since it bypasses the eminence triggers.
7) Falkenrath Aristocrat is a great aggro card, you curve very nicely into it on turn 3/4, it is evasive, has haste and can protect itself; this card is exactly what I'm looking for in this deck for later turns. Vona, Butcher of Magan is a vampire that functions as repeatable removal (my meta calls for a lot of removal) and as a larger body for later turns; I really don't want to be playing 1-drops on turn 5+ and would rather be playing larger threats which is why it's important to curve into these larger vampires. Vampire Nighthawk is def a pet card of mine, but that's not really the reason I run it. It has so many useful keywords on it that make it an extremely valuable threat. I have had all three (Mirror Entity, Adaptive Automaton and Taurean Mauler) in my list before and I think they are all fine cards to run, I've just replaced them with cards that are lower on the curve as I found I had too many cards in the 3CMC slot.
8) Had Lightning Greaves in the list earlier, the mass haste is far more valuable in this deck as it lets you get more damage out earlier. While the protection you get from greaves is nice, I've found running mass protection/recursion spells to be far more useful in this deck since you're almost always trying to protect your board rather than individual creatures. I had Olivia, Mobilized for War in my list also at one point and even though it's a great haste enabler, more often than not I found myself not wanting to discard cards to its effect or not even having cards to discard for its effect.
9) I think Elenda, the Dusk Rose is better suited to an aristocrats style deck as it is more reliable if you have more sacrifice outlets (which my deck doesn't really run much of). I think it's a fantastic card to provide resilience against board wipes assuming you have the pieces to get that big payoff of tokens. I feel the same way about Bloodtracker; I think it's a fantastic card but like Elenda I think it requires too much setup in my list for the payoff I'm expecting it to provide. I've been running Bloodtracker in my Marchesa, the Black Rose deck and have been loving it, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it has far more synergy with the game plan of that deck than my Edgar Markov deck. As for Bloodcrazed Paladin, I'm not a fan of it after trying it out when Ixalan came out. It's a very reactive card, so you tend to hold onto it and unlike Elenda, its payoff is consolidated into one threat (itself) rather than a board of tokens.
1 month ago
Ok sorry for the double post but did some thinking and most of my suggestions are probably not that helpful. So here my second attempt
Option 1) still stands, think this is a good card for the deck
Option 2) is probably already considered and dismissed by you since you run multiple god cards
Option 3-5 are probably not viable considering the casual nature of your deck. Although if your play Necropotence I think these are fair game as well :)
Option 6), I'm not (yet) willing to play (bad) 1 drop vampires since I want some more value per card so that's probably why the vial works for me. Looking at your deck it's probably not as good.
So here some new suggestions/comments 7) Falkenrath Aristocrat and Vona, Butcher of Magan stand out as not really fitting your game plan as in they are expensive and don't greatly benefit your agro plan. Even Vampire Nighthawk seems a bit off not being a lord. Cards like Mirror Entity, Adaptive Automaton and Taurean Mauler feel more fitting with your game plan to me (and entity and mauler give tokens as well :D)
8) Might I suggest Lightning Greaves over Fervor? Provides protection in addition to haste, however only haste to one creature a turn. I'm also playing Olivia, Mobilized for War and am surprised at how often I use her to give haste
1 month ago
I'd cut a 3-4 of the worse creatures and get more ramp/draw.
1 month ago
Welcome to Tapped Out!
You could adjust your mana production, you have more than you need on and need more unless the deck gets more black spells. I'd run four of Authority of the Consuls, Edge of the Divinity and Novice Knight. Not sure about keeping Demonic Vigor since you can't reuse the Aura.
- You may not have a need for Arvad the Cursed considering he's has a cmc of 5, but if you get a few more legendaries it might be worth it.
- Haakon is interesting since you can graveyard cast knights with him on the battlefield. You can use him as a discard card.
- Bloodcrazed Paladin is good when a creature wipe happens and gives it a number of +1/+1 counters, even on the opponents turn.
- Student of Warfare is a great early card that can be leveled up with on your turn.
- Since you have a large number of permanents, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx could be useful on having large amounts of mana to cast multiple spells or quickly leveling up the Student of Warfare.