Counter target spell with converted mana cost 2.
Printings View all
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Spell Snare occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.24%
All decks: 0.29%
Spell Snare Discussion
1 week ago
My recommendations :
I think most people will tell you that Oloro offers little competitive advantage to you compared to other esper commander like Zur (who can fetch Necropotence into play) or even Aminatou (who is a combo piece in the command zone). I think upsides for Oloro would be that he can do larger ad nauseam and possibly can even run Humility which few decks can win while it is on the board.
MANA COST TOO HIGH
I would first add better ramp, better draw, potential Stax, tutors and then other win cons.
Verity Circle (good against dorks)
Plunge into Darkness (a good Impulse)
CONSULT COMBO Demonic Consultation
AD NAUSEAM COMBO Angel's Grace
Ad Nauseam (draw whole deck, can Windfall and make everyone die while AG means you can't lose
Heliod Walking Ballista
Rocks that produce at least three mana total (outlet is extort with blind obedience or crypt ghast) If have pristine Talisman gain infinite life, which is infinite draw with commander
Didn't look at landbase
1 month ago
- thats fine im trying to be helpful and not be a dick as well. Some people dont know the rules as well. We all have our expirences with the game so i assume people don't know, being well there's a lot of rules and interactions.
- Id agree with point 3 as well. It was just an idea to throw out there.
- Well the only way i see stopping any card is through cards like Meddling Mage and counter magic. You do have access to blue, so there could be a plan to consider haveing a shell of your combo and pulling out cards like Healer of the Glade. Its not needed in most of your matchups. It just helps keep a healthly life total, which counter magic can also do. You could put Healer of the Glade in your SB.
- heres another idea being you are using Devastating Summons cards like Crucible of Worlds and Ramunap Excavator could be interesting to get them back. If you do go that route try Mystic Sanctuary in there as well. Its a land for reed, and can bring back summons. It'd generate more value although it may not be necessary.
- Also while im thinking about lands replacing some shocks with Unclaimed Territory seems like a good idea as well.
- You should also consider the card Anger of the Gods which murders your deck so hard. It really makes me think the counter magic idea is needed. The ones that come to mind are Mana Leak Spell Pierce Negate probably not Spell Snare, and maybe Dispel. The main issue with dispel is that it doesn't hit wrath affects.
- Damping Sphere might be a card to consider it hurts other combo decks. It hurts amulet titan, tron (not that its needed here), and storm.
- It might also help to clarify overall goals. Is you goal to do well at your local FNM? if so lets tune it to that meta, If its a much larger scale then we will want to tune it to the broader meta.
1 month ago
Cool deck. I haven't seen aria of flame be used very much, so its cool that somebody is making a deck out of it.
I have a few suggestions for this deck. The Magic Mirror seems like an interesting addition, but I don't think having two would be good since the artifact is legendary and at the best costs 3 blue mana.
Shock is pretty terrible in modern (no offense), I would put in more cantrips such as Serum Visions or 1 mana counters like Spell Snare and Spell Pierce. However, don't put too much of the 1 mana counters since they can only be used in certain situations.
Snapcaster Mage is absolutely necessary in a deliver deck. I would recommend putting 4 copies in.
Maybe 1 Magmatic Sinkhole for some premium removal?
For the sideboard 4 Dispel is wayyyy too much. Take out 1 or 2 Dispel and add Ceremonious Rejection. This will help you deal with a little bit of tron and artifact decks.Reality Shift is okay but something like Aether Gust would be better. One Ashiok, Dream Render and two Relic of Progenitus is needed for graveyard hate.
2 months ago
Like the deck. Two questions though. 1) Why Spell Snare over something like Spell Pierce? Snare seems either great (snowblade/ jund) or awful (tron/urza), while pierce seems solid everywhere (except sometimes tron, but it protects against turn 3 karn at least). 2) Why no shock lands? If it's budget, I get it, but if you're just trying to make the best deck being able to fetch for a blue source with the Bloodstained Mire is huge plus.
2 months ago
Klaive Evasive Action sees all the land types of duals as well. Which means turn 2 with only 1 dual in play it's usually a bad Mana Leak (but I won't typically have up the Mana to cast it anyway), then turn 3 on I usually have another dual and it becomes better Mana leak. Spell Snare is hugely impactful in the current meta, hitting everyone's favorite wincons of Flash and Thassa's Oracle. It also hits a huge amount of Counterspells and a large number of common draw engines, as well as several tutors as well. I have continued to be impressed by it. We are on a fast enough combo that I feel I benefit from having caverns in my opener where it functions as a better Mox Diamond. It doesn't feel great to draw midgame though (though sometimes mox diamond is even more dead midgame) and that is something to consider.
2 months ago
I think your running a land or two short and Evasive Action is a bad card in this list, if you are only running 1 basic; Spell Snare why, why, why. Gemstone Caverns is also a dead draw in this deck, I'd only run it if you are on a Flash + Protean Hulk combo plan.
2 months ago
Not really much else I would suggest you chance. Maybe add some Field of Ruin, but that does make casting kiki-jiki a bit worse, so not sure about it. Maybe Spell Snare could be good, just one or two copies. Otherwise it seems good.
3 months ago
It seems like many Yuriko lists have moved to labfish combos, which I'm not a big fan of. For this build my goal is to continue using more of a burn strategy with a subtheme of turns. That being said, it could easily be updated to support the newer combo based wincons.
Removed: Countersquall, Curfew, Dark Ritual, Darkness, Far / Away, Memory Lapse, Mission Briefing, Treasure Cruise, Fallen Shinobi, Mist-Syndicate Naga, Sakashima the Impostor, Spectral Sailor, Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive, Bitterblossom, Smoke Shroud, Bojuka Bog, Castle Vantress, Mystic Sanctuary, Grafdigger's Cage
Added: Arcane Signet, Bloodstained Mire, Chrome Mox, Damping Sphere, Exotic Orchard, Force of Despair, Frantic Search, Gitaxian Probe, Mausoleum Wanderer, Plaguecrafter, Snap, Spell Snare, Temporal Mastery, Universal Automaton