Creature — Centaur Shaman
When Loaming Shaman enters the battlefield, target player shuffles any number of target cards from their graveyard into their library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Loaming Shaman Discussion
3 months ago
Switched up a few cards:
Rampant Growth out for Fierce Empath - we have plenty of cheaper ramp and, quite honestly, one day i sacrificed Protean Hulk to chain into empath for Mossbridge Troll and realized I wasn’t even running it. Very embarrassing. Now it will not happen again.
Nissa, Vital Force and Vigor out for Beast Whisperer and Nissa, Who Shakes the World - the land count is low, and more and more of the ramp is creature based. Nissa, vital force wasn’t gonna draw us as many card as beast whisperer, and vigor wasn’t doing much that other cards couldn’t do, so we’re getting bigger ramp with Nissa, who shakes the world.
Lemme know if y’all have any suggestions or ideas with the new changes!
4 months ago
So a first pass at changing this deck just from things I had on hand. The following cards were removed:
All of these creatures were dropped to help reinforce the +1/+1 theme that the deck has. All of these creatures tend to lean more toward a Token theme, which might have helped with powering Ezuri up, but that's about it.
Scytheclaw Not enough effect and doesnt reinforce the Counters theme.
Orochi Hatchery Has counters, but leans into the Tokens subtheme the orginal deck had, so off it goes.
Caller of the Pack It's a big beater. Doesnt help Ezuri build Counters, and again leans into the Tokens subtheme.
Snakeform Too little effect and is token based again.
Sword of Vengeance A cool bit of kit, and will be going into something else, but doesn't help the theme here.
Vivid Grove Too little effect for its slot. Replaced with a dual land.
Vivid Creek Same as above.
4 months ago
Still VERY early to tell, but I'm looking at Shaman of Forgotten Ways as possible cut. We'll see tho, being deliberated on the server.
Kamerot: I'm so glad you liked it, buddy!!! From you this means the world :)
7 months ago
MLS91 Yeah, I get that it can draw a card, but there are tons of 1 and 2 cmc ramp in the deck that can be dropped after playing Skyshroud Claim and paying the same cmc for tapped mana doesn’t seem worth the ability to cycle it to me.
Used to run Nissa, Who Shakes the World and just cut her because once i’m at 5+ mana I want to be playing big bois, not more ramp. That being said I do run Traverse the Outlands and that is just because it’s pretty easy to just grab ALL of my basics with it... that and it’s a power matters deck and I wanted to put every “equal to the greatest power” kind of card in I could. Either way, she’s always in and out of rotation. I’ll slot her into the maybe board to represent that.
Protean Hulk is basically for grabbing Loaming Shaman to shuffle my graveyard back in. With an instant speed sac outlet ( Momentous Fall , Greater Good , etc.) I can do it whenever I need to keep from decking myself. It can also grab any of the big mana dorks and removal ( Reclamation Sage , Kogla, the Titan Ape ). Last but not least it can grab various win cons (most notably Mossbridge Troll ) while also just being big enough that it doesn’t feel dead outside of those uses.
As for the rest, I have all of those in a competitive green deck I am working on and didn’t want to buy em all again, nor did i want to have too many tutors when I can just draw through my deck instead. That’s way more fun!
Thanks for the ideas! Some are certainly worth it if you want to tune the deck up a bit.
11 months ago
1 year ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
1 year ago
Nice, I like it! I'm also building a Sidisi zombie tribal deck (though in a much lower price category, more grindy and I haven't done much playing with it).
First, any deck of mine that has Golgari in it and cares about the graveyard is running Grisly Salvage. Is it ground breaking? Not even close. Does it win you games? Not really. Does it ever disappoint you? Definitely not. I know people aren't too high on card selection cards, but between selecting from five cards, being instant, hitting both lands and creatures, and effectively milling yourself, I find the good old Salvage very reliable. Then again, blue gets this effect in great variety, so maybe I'm just biased.
Next, I do think that you should consider Rooftop Storm. It is very high CMC, so it doesn't slot in automatically but if you can drop it relatively early, it pays for itself in the long run. It also combos very nicely with Liliana, Untouched By Death, which is a possible addition too. I also run an alternative win con (except my sac outlet is Carrion Feeder) and these two play a part in it. (I admit, it is a bit clunky, but I also play three different Lab Man effects - and Mortal Combat, that's even clunkier - so I think I can afford it.)
Furthermore, if you ever feel like you need more zombies, I have these few cheap ones to recommend: Undead Augur is a great card card draw zombie, but very black intensive. If that is too much, Midnight Reaper achieves a similar effect, though he sadly does not trigger from tokens. Stitcher's Supplier is an amazing self-mill one drop zombie, while Shambling Shell is a zombie with dredge that you can easily put into graveyard once in play, so what's not to love. If you have any kind of zombie anthem effect, Unbreathing Horde is an immortal blocker if you need that - arguably that's not very often, but the option is there. And if not for that, it can still become a very big zombie for Altar of Dementia. I already mentioned Carrion Feeder, so that's about it from the top of my head I think.
Lastly, as Kholan95 before me mentioned, you want some back up plan in a self mill deck. You said you don't want to run Lab Man effects, so in that case maybe you should consider graveyard shufflers? Loaming Shaman is probably the classical option, but I do have a soft spot for Wand of Vertebrae. It's nothing amazing, but it can drop very early and repeatably mill you (though not as well as Embalmer's Tools would in this deck obviously), which is great for a deck like Sidisi, and in a pinch, you can shuffle at least five cards into your deck, which should save you from decking and give you those few more turns to try and finish the game.
1 year ago
Thanks guys for the upvotes!
@dogBITE17 - yeah, that card is niche.. However, i think I'd rather have a removal on a creature than an instant/sorcery that is efficient to kill commanders most of the time..
@fruittart88 - I thought about that card before, but I usually end up having that card in my hand, not being able to respond to graveyard hate spells from my opponents. The only time I have been able to use that in response to something is when Loaming Shaman is in my graveyard and I have Tortured Existence in my battlefield, and I discard a creature to place the Loaming Shaman to my field, which is very uncommon to happen.. But thanks for the suggestion!
@rasiti - ahh! I see what you mean.. Plus it's cheaper too.. Thanks!