|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Nomad
Echo *(At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.) *
When Avalanche Riders enters the battlefield, destroy target land.
Avalanche Riders Discussion
1 week ago
i use Manaweft Sliver instead of Gemhide Sliver . only noncreature spells mainboard are Collected Company and Aether Vial . my land destruction deck isn't the typical ponza you see. it goes really heavy on land destruction spells, then beats down with Goblin Dark-Dwellers or Shivan Wumpus . or an Avalanche Riders
1 month ago
My suggestion for this one is that you go all-in on the graveyard synergy, because realistically, the instant and sorcery package is going to be a whole lot less effective than running utility creatures since it just hits the bin with no effect (e.g. Avalanche Riders over Seismic Spike , Balthor the Defiled over Living Death , Magus of the Moon over Blood Moon , you get the idea). If you need help with finding ideas for utility creatures and engine pieces, check out my list, I've worked on it WAYY too much.
2 months ago
Silence is one of the best combo protection spells you can run.
The Exquisite Blood / Cliffhaven Vampire combo seems out of place here. you're better off focusing on overlapping combos rather than having a combo which doesn't really interact with any other pieces. Torgaar, Famine Incarnate is expensive and slow, plus isn't actually a win condition. Avalanche Riders , Stuffy Doll and Silent Arbiter could be replaced for more combo density. Unless you're in a beats heavy meta, Maze of Ith also seems out of place.
Goblin Bombardment is another solid outlet, I'm also surprised there's no Viscera Seer . Painful Truths is generally better than Phyrexian Arena . Wheel of Fortune is another good draw card you're not running.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Lambofan217 I would say these two are interchangable, Fulminator Mage has the nice effect that you can decide when to activate it, but Avalanche Riders has the small upside that it hits basic lands and has haste. I just already had a sweet foil FNM promo Avalanche Riders and decided to put that in the deck :)
multimedia thanks for the suggestions mate! I appreciate it!
- No idea why Command Tower wasn't listed here, I even have it in my paper deck, so added it back here. Thanks for catching that!
- I like to run some amount of basics since I love abusing Solemn Simulacrum . I might indeed cut a plains or swamp, but they will make place for the new Canopy lands from Modern Horizons
- Enlightened Tutor has been going in and out ocassionaly, but I might add it back in. I agree that Ravos, Soultender has been kind of underwhelming in the deck.
- Selfless Spirit used to be in the deck but I was really unimpressed by its performance. Since this deck doesn't need to swarm the board per se, board wipes aren't your main concern, and I always felt like I wanted to recur something more valueable with Alesha's ability. As for Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord , I'm still testing is, as I do like the lifegain.
- Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice is just a card I think is very sweet, even though it might not be the best pick for the deck
- Palace Jailer is a sweet card, but I have been very impressed with Twilight Prophet , the ability is amazing (even killed a player once by putting Elesh Norn on top with Vamp Tutor). She truly shines when the game has reached a stalled boardstate and players are trying to wast resources to resolve it. You just sit on your Prophet and accumulate value. Sure the City's Blessing can be a minor downside, but rarely hard to achieve in EDH
- I'm actually content with the amount of Aristocrats in the deck, I might replace her with Zulaport Cutthroat though
I was actually also thinking off Aurelia, the Warleader . Most importantly because I think the card is awesome, but it could help closing games in the late-game. What do you think?
4 months ago
4 months ago
Thanks for asking. I actually think Shivan is significantly better for several reasons. He is a 6/6 making it much more difficult to remove him, has trample for getting through blockers, and is a reuseable land threat since he pops up to the top of our deck if our opponent sacrifices a land. A 2/2 can be too easily answered by red spells or other creatures although I did consider Avalanche Riders for this deck.
Avalanche Riders occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%