Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle, That land becomes a 0/0 green and blue Fractal creature that's still a land. Put a +1/+1 counter on it for each land you had enter the battlefield under your control this turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Emergent Sequence Discussion
1 month ago
Super sweet deck. I had the idea to do a Illuna + Omniscience deck, googled it, and found your list. I've got a couple suggestions though.
I think you could use more incidental token production to give you mutate targets. Cards like Lazotep Plating , Emergent Sequence , Growth Spasm , Alrund's Epiphany or Stolen by the Fae could be great ways to create tokens for you to mutate onto, outside of man lands or GSZing for Dryad Arbor or Crop Rotating for Khalni Garden. The more expensive man lands like Lumbering Falls, Wandering Fumarole and Raging Ravine feel especially clunky here as 10 mana to activate them plus mutate is pretty steep. Another angle could be adding a Dwarven Mine , and maybe a Sheltered Thicket and second basic mountain to go along with it, so that your Mire, Mesa, Tarn and Foothills can produce a creature token as well. Kher Keep could be good for this too as it's a repeatable effect.
It seems to me that you don't have enough ways to deterministically win once you get the Omniscience down. Intuition, Gamble and Mystical Tutor + a cantrip, seem like your only ways to reliably find Ignite Memories, and Intuition only gets into your graveyard. You definitely need at least 2 Regrowth / Reclaim effects so that your Intuition always gets you what you want. Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Mystic Retrieval , and Experimental Overload (since it can make a token too) are all cool options there. Playing those cards to support Intuition also allows you to play Gifts Ungiven and put together similar packages with it. Probably the best card to use to go off with Omniscience is Petals of Insight since it makes the storm count infinitely large and finds you your Ignite Memories all in one card. You could use cards like Solve the Equation or even Eerie Procession to find the Petals since it's an arcane spell. There's also Merchant Scroll which doesn't get you to the sorcery Petals directly, but it can find Firemind's Foresight , which then finds Intuition along with maybe some interaction. Brainstorm, Ponder, Preordain, Faithless Looting and Frantic Search all seem fine here as they're useful both before and after you get your Omni down. Spells like Time Twister and Time Spiral seem less good though, as there's a fair chance you could fizzle after casting them even with an Omniscience out. Enter the Infinite , Praetor's Counsel , Insurrection , Volcanic Vision , or Mnemonic Deluge also work as finishers if you want to do something bigger and splashier with Omniscience out.
Lastly, Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip, and Silundi Vision Flip all could be sensible additions to the mana base that double as ways to start go off with Omni. Not to mention Bala Ged Recovery that I mentioned before as part of the Intuition/Gifts package. Once you start playing any number of those spell lands, it probably then becomes a good idea to include a Gruul Turf or similar land to open up the line of Crop Rotating into a bounce land to return a spell land to hand. Once you're on this land package, Hour of Promise starts to look pretty appealing, as it can find bounce + spell land to start and Omniscience chain, or any number of various creature lands if you need something to mutate onto.
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
2 months ago
Thanks for the upvote & the advice Ravenrose! I thought about the landgrab spells and tried to find cheaper mana valued spells.. Unfortunately the only one that really made the cut was Emergent Sequence or Exploration .