Please login to comment
March 21, 2019 9:29 a.m.
I think you need to be running more lands. Control wants to play a land every turn to keep up as much disruption as possible, so I’d go up to as many as 23 lands.
March 19, 2019 11:56 p.m.
Oops, sorry about the repeat mention of Claim ! Musta missed that.
March 19, 2019 11:50 p.m.
@PlatinumOne Actually, I could see Faithless Looting working in this deck, just because there are 8 recursive black creatures being played ( Bloodghast and Bloodsoaked Champion ), so playing a looting to draw two, discard two bloodghasts, bring back both bloodghasts doesn’t seem bad.
That being said, if that’s the plan, I’d say just play Dredge because that’s what the entire deck is doing.
March 19, 2019 11:49 p.m.
March 19, 2019 11:41 p.m.
Armored Skaab seems kinda weak for what you’re trying to do here. Maybe you could replace it with Taigam's Scheming ? That card would help you fill your graveyard faster or help you fix your future draws
March 19, 2019 11:37 p.m.
@ I’d second running at least one Engineered Explosives . It sees a fair amount of play but I’d still consider it criminally underplayed due to just how good it is in any given situation
March 19, 2019 11:23 p.m.
March 19, 2019 6:43 p.m.
March 19, 2019 6:38 p.m.
While Ensnaring Bridge is undeniably powerful, it might also be worth considering that Ghostly Prison will often act like a one-sided Bridge. It’d allow you to go more all-in on Intangible Virtue too.
March 17, 2019 10:19 p.m.
Virulent Sliver could be good in this deck as a one-of
March 17, 2019 12:40 p.m.
March 17, 2019 12:33 p.m.
I feel like you’ll be wanting way fewer creatures and more counterspells. Modern’s in kind of a degenerate spot right now, and this deck doesn’t really have any way to race with Izzet Phoenix or Dredge. I’d say cut down to 16 creatures, and then run a number of Spell Pierce , Spell Snare , Disrupting Shoal , or maybe even Dispel . The deck really just needs the interaction.
March 16, 2019 1:05 p.m.
If you’ve got any suggestions, feel free to leave them!
March 16, 2019 1:16 a.m.
Instead of the full four Essence Scatter I would run some number of Spell Pierce . Everyone underestimates it and it’s absurdly powerful. I feel like running some in this deck would be good as a cheap way to protect the combo
March 15, 2019 12:01 a.m.
Rancor is really good in zoo, just because it makes combat miserable for your opponent in a fair deck matchup
March 14, 2019 6:38 p.m.
March 13, 2019 2:13 p.m.
Here are a few things you can do with Remand that I have seen people win games with:
-Remand an Ancestral Vision that's come off suspend (your opponent probably won't be suspending it again, and for two mana I want a card with my counterspell)
-Remanding a Grapeshot with storm count at 7, then recasting it for lethal
-(a personal favorite trick of mine, which happens once in a blue moon) casting Vendilion Clique targeting opponent in response to a spell, then Remanding the spell they cast (with the VClique trigger on the stack) back to hand, then selecting the Remanded card with the vClique trigger, shuffling it back into library
In short, while these interactions do not by themselves make Remand equal to Counterspell , they add up. I personally don't see Remand going anywhere, because the decks that really use it really need it.
March 13, 2019 2:05 p.m.
So I've seen the argument made that Counterspell would be unhealthy for the format because of its "strictly better" status. However, the term "strictly better" gets thrown around a little too quickly in general, or at least that's how my experience goes.
I can say with a surety that Counterspell is better than the following two-mana counterspells in modern:
- Logic Knot : This is the only one that I actually see getting overshadowed, and I understand why some people might be sad to see the good 'ol Knot put out to pasture. But, quite frankly, it's just too weak for the current meta. It requires a significant amount of resources in exchange for a one-time counter (which is absolute garbage right now, considering that the top two decks running rampant are Izzet Phoenix and Dredge, which don't care if a spell gets countered). Counterspell would be slightly less embarrassing in this situation, as you wouldn't have to delve away half your graveyard to delay Dredge for a turn.
- Mana Leak : I don't consider Mana leak to get completely shut out by Counterspell because it doesn't require double-blue. Some decks really need access to four colors, and Counterspell would be worse in this situation.
- Silumgar's Scorn : nobody plays this card.
- Wizard's Retort :Sees fringe sideboard play at best. I don't think too many would be sad to see it go.
- Stoic Rebuttal : Affinity doesn't even play this card.
Declaration of Naught : nobody plays this card.
March 13, 2019 1:23 p.m.
SCORE: 1 | 14 VIEWS
SCORE: 2 | 5 COMMENTS | 157 VIEWS
SCORE: 1 | 23 VIEWS
SCORE: 1 | 27 VIEWS
SCORE: 1 | 1 COMMENT | 49 VIEWS
SCORE: 1 | 1 COMMENT | 49 VIEWS
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 173 VIEWS
SCORE: 1 | 41 VIEWS
|Avg. deck rating||2.00|
|Favorite formats||Modern, Pauper, Casual, Penny Dreadful|
|Good Card Suggestions||16|
|Last activity||17 hours|