(2), Remove a card in your hand from the game: Return target card from your graveyard to your hand if it shares a type with the card removed this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Holistic Wisdom Discussion
2 weeks ago
Some stuff I think I accidentally added, but wanted to actually discuss first:+Necropotence (Do we wanna go there?)+Yawgmoth's Bargain (Theres no combo pay-off that I can see. Is this card still too dangerous?)+Ancient Tomb (Fast mana is fast, but then again you do become arch enemy pretty fast)+Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite (is this too much?)+Spellweaver Volute (this card is just weird, but seems like it could be cool. Thoughts?)
- Verduran Enchantress
- Mesa Enchantress
- Argothian Enchantress
- Eidolon of Blossoms
- Enchantress's Presence
- Aura Shards
- Mirri's Guile
- Heliod, God of the Sun
- Quarantine Field
- Prison Term
- Faith's Fetters
- Darksteel Mutation
- Aura of Silence
- Karmic Justice
- Sterling Grove
- Abundant Growth
- Wild Growth
- Utopia Sprawl
- Mirari's Wake
- Debtors' Knell
- Nyx-Fleece Ram
- Bear Umbra
- Luminarch Ascension
- Awakening Zone
- Grasp of Fate
- Suppression Field
- Holistic Wisdom
- Sacred Mesa
- Limited Resources (I realize this card is extremely oppressive)
- Fertile Ground
- Trace of Abundance
- Mana Bloom
- Dovescape (Im just curious about this card. Cant tell if its good or not. Certainly interesting!)
- Earthcraft (theres a cute combo with Squirrel Nest if we decide we wanna do that)
- Privileged Position
- Glare of Subdual (This gets pretty brutal with Seedborn Muse and Prophet of Kruphix in the format. Just something to think about.)
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Oath of Druids (Finally a card we can break lol)
- Evolutionary Leap
- Primeval Bounty (is this good enough? Seems interesting at least.)
- Bounty of the Luxa
- As Foretold (Yeah boi)
- Golgari Germination (works across archetypes)
- Necrogenesis (a few decks might want this)
More stuff for Orzhov Drain:
- Trade Secrets (cards cards cards)
- Treasure Cruise (fuck it)
- Dig Through Time (fuck it twice)
- Metallurgic Summonings (Spells payoff that packs a punch)
- Mizzix's Mastery (without payoffs like storm or turnabout I think this is safe)
- Jori En, Ruin Diver (maybe not good enough)
- Melek, Izzet Paragon
- Kolaghan's Command (must include now that artifacts is an archetype)
Notes on Enchantress:
First, the payoffs are not super broken. There arent that many cards that REALLY reward you for having or interacting with enchantments, but once the deck comes together its highly synergistic. We could make people more interested in choosing Enchantress as an archetype by adding lots of g and gX enchantment-based mana acceleration in place of cards like llanowar elves (while still leaving the best dorks). Decks that would be interested in ramping might suddenly find themselves interested in enchantment cards like wild growths of bounty of the luxa. What do you think?
Also, Im worried that enchantress skews removal in general towards white. Since so much of the archetypes pulls are removals, we end up having more white removal in the cube.
3 weeks ago
Nice deck going on here!
plus 1 from my side for sure :) Yeah, so let's get down to business. I love combo decks with low CMC, though I am not so much a fan of infinite combos - but who I am to talk with abzan company in modern and rhys the redeemed infinite combos in EDH.
So, what about replacing Arbor Elf with Crop Rotation? Helps to get the right utility lands in no time with that many tutors available in this decklist. Or cut one land. I mean, you have 37 lands while having a CMC of 2.48 and are playing just three colors. I guess you went down with CMC quiet a bit over time - maybe you didn't with the lands?
Then did you ever consider playing Holistic Wisdom as recursion? You got 23 instants, 37 lands and 17 creatures. Apart from just the obvious recursion you could play like Strip Mine several times a turn in combination with Azusa, Lost but Seeking/Oracle of Mul Daya/Exploration. Furthermore it's another ability you can use at instant speed and honestly, I am envious about your commander - she's just asking to trade unsuitable cards in hands with powerhouses in your graveyard ;)
Also taken exactly your commander's ability into account Commandeer might be something for you in order to steal problematic and important spells like let's say your enemies commander. I would sort out Spell Pierce as it doesn't do much in the late game and Commandeer can be played from turn 1 on just like Spell Pierce
Keep up your awesome work! cheers :)
Well - that's already all I got.
1 month ago
From looking through MagicalHacker - List of All Recursion Cards, I found the following five cards:
4 months ago
Cards I'm not playing
Cards I want but cost money
- Survival of the Fittest would be sick. Like a Fauna Shaman with Haste!
- Gaea's Cradle should be in every green deck, and also should have never been printed
Imperial Recruiter finds like half my deck.
- Mana Drain sounds like something that's worth holding up two mana for
- Rhystic Study is a great early play. It's not ramp, but it slows your opponents down, so it kinda is.
Good cards that I've cut for better ones
- Progenitor Mimic has been in and out of the deck a lot. I've found that Duplicant is usually better, since it's actually removal as well as a clone, at the same cmc.
- Mimic Vat is strong, but not really on theme with the deck and didn't really fit anywhere once I broke the deck down into categories
- Hull Breach is good enough that I'll probably end up playing it at some later point in time. 4 kills for 4 mana with Riku out.
- Terastodon got cut for a Natural Order package. Ironically, the two would go really well together, but I've found that Avenger of Zendikar is good enough off of Natural Order.
- Body Double was nice, since it's a clone that even worked on an empty board, and could also be Podded into to create two four drops to pull off a Kiki-Conscripts combo the next turn. It's not in the deck anymore because I needed to cut something and I figured there was a reason why Rise From the Grave wasn't seeing play.
- Archaeomancer was great as another way to pull off infinite turns, but it's enough worse than Eternal Witness that it got the ax in the process of streamlining the deck.
- Tolaria West is out because it's a tapland and none of my other lands are good enough that they're worth paying 3 mana for.
- Strionic Resonator I've found to be a bit win-more, but it's still better than Parallel Lives because it doesn't just work with Riku
- Sphinx of Uthuun would be played if I could Natural Order into it, but feels a lot weaker than my other curve-toppers when I'm paying full price for it
- Deceiver Exarch/Pestermite were cut because I found I could make infinite creatures with Kiki-Jiki often enough with just Conscripts in the deck, and they're a lot worse on their own.
- Holistic Wisdom as with a number of these cards, I've found that with this many tutors, it's better to have a more streamlined deck with diversified answers than duplication of effects. I can tutor for Eternal Witness, but not for this.
- Palinchron was given up in a trade for a Snapcaster Mage, and, honestly, I don't miss it. It does make infinite mana and infinite Palinchrons with Riku and 9 starting mana, but with the deck in its current configuration, I can combo off earlier and equally consistently anyway.
- Comet Storm was there just in case I wanted to kill in one turn with infinite mana, but I've found that's not worth a card slot once the deck as a whole got better.
- Strip Mine is of better use in my Xenagos land destruction deck. Also, this deck is better off laying down threats than answering them, and would rather have a mana base that just lets us cast all of our spells when we want to.
- Brainstorm was in when I had more fetches, but it's not as good now that the fetches are in Modern decks.*Recurring Insight draws a hell of a lot of cards, but also makes you tap a lot of mana without putting something on board. Card draw is good when you're behind because it lets you find something to bring the game back, but when you're behind and tap out to draw cards, your opponents kill you before you get to cast them.
Bad cards that I'm not playing
- Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, and Second Harvest are win-more. That is, they're do-nothing cards unless you're already winning, and thus end up losing you games when they just sit in your hand. Maybe they don't actually do nothing, but in the majority of games, you'd have been better off playing a creature of the same converted mana cost.
- Time Stretch, Blatant Thievery, Clone Legion, Genesis Wave and the like are generally not what we're trying to do here. Sure, it's sweet if you pull off copying it, but you win if you copy enough cheaper spells anyway (as I've said, we're usually not losing after a copied Time Warp. We don't need Time Stretch). These are good control finishers, but Riku is a midrange/combo general.
- Signets are worse than Farseek and friends because they're easier to remove. Green doesn't need signets.
- Reiterate and the like: Riku already does this. They're not needed. Also, since they're so mana intensive, you tend to have hands with all Forks and no real spells to copy, since you cast all your other spells before you had mana available to Reverberate a spell.
Pour one out
4 months ago
I feel like I wont be able to cast Grand Abolisher most of the time due to his WW casting cost. You mostly get green mana (the reason Gemstone Array Nomadic Elf and Orochi Leafcaller are in the deck)and you wont get those till your already parrlaying. Delaying Shield is mainly in the deck to stop commander damage (also stops lifelink and other when deals damage effect), since Selvala put you at a high enough life total that you can ignore most non commander damage and high enough to not die to your own hurricane. Holistic Wisdom does not have to only target untap spell (although it does turn you single target spells into untap all for an extra 2 mana). It also allows you to trade cards you dont need late game into non-rfg pieces (i.e. gemstone array can be traded for an umbra mantle). As for the removal, thats a meta call. I dont see alot of pithing needles, song of the dryads, ect. in my meta, so most of the time those are dead draws.
9 months ago
Ver 1. (7/8/16)
10 months ago
1 year ago
Den Protector, Dowsing Shaman, Elven Cache, Eternal Witness (a personal favorite), Greenwarden of Murasa, Holistic Wisdom, among others. The best ones are ones that you can find ways to get back multiple times and use over and over.