|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Mutant
When Elvish Soultiller is put into a graveyard from play, choose a creature type. Shuffle all creature cards of that type from your graveyard into your library.
Elvish Soultiller Discussion
2 months ago
9 months ago
It seems like you're attempting an Elf themed version of the deck, if I am seeing things correctly. If that is the case, might I suggest Fauna Shaman to help fuel your Flash engine with Yeva as well as Elvish Soultiller to help recycle cards discarded this way. Elves also give you access to Priest of Titania and Wirewood Channeler for some insane mana ramp.
9 months ago
Intriguing! Just want to ask a few questions about the enchantments ( Faces of the Past , Intruder Alarm ) since I'm not sure I completely grasp 100% how it elfball infinites. I think only Thornbite Staff completely works 100% of the time since it doesn't discriminate and doesn't care what type of creature dies, only if something does die; Vannifar's ability doesn't matter and we can do whatever we want, including a Lab Man win if Pod 2 is Elvish Visionary and Pod 4 is Symbiotic Elf . My understanding is:
- Faces of the Past : works until the second round of Pods, then you Pod Elvish Soultiller to reset the Elves like normal, untap Vannifar... but then what? If you were to pod Woodland Bellower (which came as a result of Podding the Soultiller), you wouldn't untap Vannifar since she isn't a Beast, and you wouldn't be able to find anything since there is no CMC 7 cost things here. How would the combo continue?
(I thought about it for a while when I was writing this and there is indeed an infinite as long as the Pod 2 is ALWAYS Dwynen's Elite as the Elf token can be sacrificed after Soultiller to restart the chain, then ending with a Pod into Caller of the Claw for infinite Beasts, but we need Concordant Crossroads out to win right then and there and lose to Cyclonic Rift , Propaganda and friends, etc... thoughts?)
- Intruder Alarm : Same logic; works until the second round of Pods, you Pod the Soultiller and reset the Elves, but since there is no other 6 cmc creature here, nothing would ETB and untap Vannifar. Aside from manually summoning a creature (ramp from Wood Elves as the Pod 3 in the chain is good) or using one of the untap abilities from stuff like Quirion Ranger and Kiora's Follower etc, is there a way to make the combo self sustaining with Intruder Alarm ?
If I'm also missing something here please let me know!
1 year ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 year ago
Abyssal Specter and Needle Specter can be cut for Mindslicer that's much more powerfull and Mind Shatter. I dont know your budget but if you can afford Volrath's Stronghold for more redundancy would be wonderfull, otherwise Phyrexian Reclamation is another one. If you increase the number of elf Elvish Soultillercan be usefull.
1 year ago
Hi man, Earthcraft and Glimpse of Nature will be an excellent improve. If you add to that Crop Rotation and Winding Canyons dig into will be a piece of cake. Elvish Soultiller can be interesting for recall all creature in the graveyard. +1 for me
2 years ago
2 years ago
No data for this card yet.