Toothy, Imaginary Friend
Legendary Creature — Illusion
Partner with Pir, Imaginative Rascal (When this creature enters the battlefield, target player may put Pir into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Toothy, Imaginary Friend.
When Toothy leaves the battlefield, draw a card for each +1/+1 counter on it.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Toothy, Imaginary Friend occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
Toothy, Imaginary Friend Discussion
6 days ago
King_marchesa Planeswalkers don't always make it to their ultimate though, and some of the best abilities of walkers are their intermediate abilities. Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Liliana Vess, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, and Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God are good examples, although Dragon God doesn't fit within Aminatou's color identity.
1 month ago
I wanted to build a Mutate Animar, which is what led me to here, especially since I found out how inexpensive the showcase versions were. I'm focusing more on a draw-based version though. Including things like Chasm Skulker, Oneirophage, Toothy, Imaginary Friend and even The Locust God.
1 month ago
I liked your video, and am glad to see a non-degenerate build of Zur. I think Toothy, Imaginary Friend is a better inclusion than Stoic Champion, and does a better job than Mulldrifter. I think that Steel of the Godhead is a good aura for Zur when everyone has flying murder machines out, or Archetype of Imagination out. Tribute Mage is a great inclusion, I use it to find my signets, Fluctuator, Blackblade Reforged (for those oloro players) , and Fellwar Stone. I'm sure a lot of these cards weren't around when you made this deck. Astral Drift speaks for itself, as does Crystalline Resonance. Escape Protocol is my back up for my backup, and may not need to be included, but I like being able to keep Fluctuator and it's the only Astral like effect that hits artifacts that I know of. I would love to see you update this deck with the new sets out.
2 months ago
2 months ago
If you're looking for some card draw, may I suggest Toothy, Imaginary Friend. With cycling you could easily get his 1/1 counters up, then if you instant flicker him, you'd draw from his effect because he leaves and reenters, meaning you draw because the counters disappear and then he regains those counters because you drew. I love running him in my Gavi deck How to get hate from your play group Gavi
2 months ago
Definitely consider adding an astral slide/drift package in. They are a powerhouse even if you don't dedicate ETB effects in your deck as they can do double duty of protecting your stuff (from targeted removal and boardwipe) and act as a fog effect to blink attackers coming your way. Don't forget that you have Vedalken AEthermage to tutor for both Warden and Scholar (both are wizards). I think it wouldn't hurt to try Toothy, Imaginary Friend in your list as another draw target with slide.
2 months ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells