Scroll of the Masters
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, put a lore counter on Scroll of the Masters.
, : Target creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each lore counter on Scroll of the Masters.
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Scroll of the Masters Discussion
3 weeks ago
cards that might help with card draw would be Sensei's Divining Top Jeskai Ascendancy and maybe a Mystic Remora and then Otherworld Atlas and Temple Bell are 2 that help everyone so you might be able to use them for politicking and other win cons with Elsha i've seen are using Isochron Scepter and Dramatic Reversal to go infinite and then use that to get a Aetherflux Reservoir up and running or bounce back everyone else's board with Temporal Fissure and then there's Scroll of the Masters to make it even easier to make Elsha a one shot with your Manifold Key
4 months ago
Hey there, you've got a pretty good thing going on here, especially for a first deck. A lot more cohesive than my first EDH attempt many moons ago, which was a horrible mishmash of netdeck and "super secret tech" that in fact did not work as intended. Your secret sauce of mild pillow fort actually makes sense!
That said, here are a few pointers that should help you smooth out some rough edges:
- You should run all seven one-drop instant speed cantrips. They're just good, no matter your specific Feather game plan. You're missing Heal and Panic. They don't get you an instant card, but they're still good.
- Dowsing Dagger Flip is really good ramp that flips quite easily because Feather has wings, and you can make use of the big mana shot with your red-centric pump quite easily.
- I agree that Scroll of the Masters is very nice for ending people with voltron damage, I ran it until taking it out recently to focus more on the whole storming out angle. This is a bit of a sad truth, but decks tend to work better when you zoom in on an particular angle of attack. In your case, keep an eye on how the cast payoffs work. You run quite few rocks, so you won't have obscene mana to keep a crazy number of spells in constant circulation. The token guys are still gonna be good for gumming, but the various Guttersnipe variants might end up lacking. I expect Aetherflux Reservoir in particular to do little for you.
- Some voltron stuff I always thought could be good is O-Naginata and Leering Emblem.
- Emerge Unscathed does nothing for you as you don't care about its rebound. You should have enough repeatable protection stuff to not care about Deflecting Swat. Sheltering Light is nice as it's a form of protection while scrying for 1 mana. Faith's Shield is like a second Apostle's Blessing in that it can also protect a non-creature in a pinch. Not sure how vital that will be for you. My personal protection suite is the one-drop insta-flickers (Cloudshift, Ephemerate), two-drop EOT-flickers (Liberate, Long Road Home, Otherworldly Journey), a few colour protection options (Gods Willing, Apostle's Blessing, Faith's Shield, Shelter) and a bit of indestructibility (Ajani's Presence, Ephemeral Shields, Sheltering Light).
4 months ago
4 months ago
Dying Wish doesn't work how you want it to here with your Commander, "dies" means going to the graveyard, and you'll be sending him back to the Command Zone as a replacement effect (same with someone like Elenda, the Dusk Rose). Love the idea though, I immediately thought the pair worked best with the Whalewolf slamming in for huge amounts of damage with green for ramp and pump, thought about Scroll of the Masters? It's takes a bit to get rolling but guaranteed unblockable to get the damage through seems pretty great.
5 months ago
Oh and lets start looking for Nesting Grounds combos. Since Hex Parasite and plain old proliferate already exists for when you just want to remove or increase counters on a single permanent, let's first and foremost go for combos where you either move a counter from a permanent which doesn't want it to one that does, or from a permanent which can easily produce a counter to one where it's harder to get started (after which it's probably easier to just proliferate). Also note that Fate Transfer and Leech Bonder already got creature-to-creature moving covered.
Cheap level-up cards + expensive level-up cards (meh)
6 months ago
7 months ago
For me, I found that I got more benefit out of cards with prowess than heroic. Reason being is that you can target the one creature with heroic and get that ability once, but if you have prowess then the rest of the creatures get a benefit too. Striking a balance is key.
To that end, I would recommend Strongarm Monk and Dragon-Style Twins for some top of the curve creatures. Mizzium Tank is also decent since it will crew itself when you cast an instant or sorcery as well as gets bigger when you do, and can avoid a lot of creature sweepers.
Lastly, I like Scroll of the Masters in my own deck since it can buff up an unblocked creature pretty massively when you consider how many instants and sorceries you'd cast in this kind of deck.
1 year ago
ChibiNature tell me what you think about this: I could tune it to chase the Arcbond + Martyrdom combo and add in more indestructible instants, but I know Feather is not the Legendary to expect more out of than getting lucky and steamrolling one player in a cEDH pod even at its best. I'm not looking to spend a whole bunch of cash to win dollars--I just like playing to be social without being a complete casual. Pinging keeps the pressure on everyone if I can protect the creatures but there aren't enough of those to rely on. Prophetic Flamespeaker 's pseudo card draw is what makes it stay in; Swiftblade Vindicator is on the way out so I'm looking at also removing Uncanny Speed and Invigorated Rampage because they lack a card advantage or defense function. Akroan Conscriptor is great for it's ability to steal things at instant speed but it is one of my highest CMC cards and is not always relevant; there is a far stronger argument for keeping Magnetic Theft around despite it being a dead card sometimes. I'm not even sure how attached I should be to Charmbreaker Devils because it is at the top of my curve and the effect is random. Myth Realized and Scroll of the Masters are slow but definitely require answers before they get out of hand; Chandra, Fire Artisan isn't going to win the game on the turn it hits, either, but that ultimate digs deep and does damage at the same time. Settle Beyond Reality feels like a super great effect but I think it isn't good enough at sorcery speed and I would likely be defenseless after using that much mana; Sentinel Tower is also being cut because of only working on my turn. Primal Amulet Flip seems like a sure buy once it cycles, as does a Clifftop Retreat ; Settle the Wreckage can be cast with Sunforger so it feels like something to consider strongly as well. I could use Fateful Showdown to target my own creature like I plan to to do with Orim's Thunder and recycle it with Feather's ability but it would require indestructible backup.