|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Glen Elendra Liege
Creature — Faerie Knight
Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Glen Elendra Liege Discussion
1 week ago
Looks like a pretty good start. I feel like the general gameplan with this deck is to lay down some evasive flyers and then get out buffs on T4/5 and win in the air.
Assuming that's the direction you want to, my recommendation would be:
- Cut Faerie Harbinger, Faerie Trickery, Nectar Faerie, Oona's Gatewarden, Final-Sting Faerie and Thieving Sprite (18 total cards). These are all cards that either don't really further the game plan, have too high of an opportunity cost, or can't attack.
- Add 2-3 more lands (Creeping Tar Pit, Evolving Wilds or just more Islands))
- Add a few hard removals (Doom Blade, Fatal Push, etc)
- Add a 4th copy of Spellstutter Sprite
- Consider swapping Coat of Arms for the 4th copies of Glen Elendra Liege and Scion of Oona
That should put it at 60 cards. The idea here is to try to land creatures on turns 1 and 2, then hold up counters or Spellstutter Sprite T3 and then start dropping buffers to beat down in the air. Then you keep the handful of spot removals in case your opponent resolves a big flying/reach creature before the game can get closed out.
If you want to move in a somewhat more controlling direction, 1-2 copies of Bident of Thassa might be worth considering. In a weenie flyer deck, it can help ensure that you're drawing enough gas to rebuild if a board wipe happens.
2 months ago
And lastly some solid black zombie creatures that also fit ur pick from their grave theme :Sepulchral Primordial, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Sower of Temptation, Geth, Lord of the Vault, and maybe Avatar of Woe or Royal Assassin or Glen Elendra Liege
4 months ago
A potential reward for your Grixis EDH deck: Demon's Herald (into Prince of Thralls). The Demi-god Auras and Lieges from Lorwyn-Shadowmoor might be useful too: Helm of the Ghastlord, Fists of the Demigod, Clout of the Dominus, Glen Elendra Liege, Ashenmoor Liege, and Mindwrack Liege. There's also Dire Undercurrents.
7 months ago
My suggestions for now would be:
- Oona's Blackguard : This is fun and themed for this commander
- Glen Elendra Liege : That is nice for your tokens
- Dire Undercurrents : Serious advantage when your commander is out!
- Scion of Oona : A must have for this commander
- Rhystic Study : Great card draw engine in multiplayer
- Brainstorm : You gotta love blue for such pieces
- Metallic Mimic : A new card that fits your plans perfectly
Hope this helps you movin' forward.
8 months ago
8 months ago
Not sure if you have enough support for the Zombie subtheme. I'd go one way or the other with it. My initial thought is you're not getting enough value from it and you should either add more or get rid of it entirely. Gisa and Geralf, Graveborn Muse, Possessed Skaab
Dralnu scares me. I can see a deck being built around him but as a part of the 99, I think he'd backfire more than help.
Sheoldred, the Whispering One rarely works out for me. Either she dies/exiled quick or she gets stolen/copied and it turns bad for me.
Hedron Crab might be a touch too slow compared to your other mill effects
I really want to like Disciple of Deceit (especially with Phenax) but it's the same mana cost. If it were same mana cost or less, I'd be all about it.
Can you get enough value out of Reassembling Skeleton?
10 months ago
You did say you were making a "budget" deck right? If so Bitterblossom, Sower of Temptation and Mistbind Clique need to go. You could replace them with Faerie Swarm, Glen Elendra Liege, Nectar Faerie or Violet Pall. I would also drop two swamps. 24 lands is a bit excessive for a low mana cost deck like this. Getting rid of those cards will drop the price by $80-90 depending on what you replace them with.