|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Glen Elendra Liege
Creature — Faerie Knight
Other blue creatures you control get +1/+1.
Other black creatures you control get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||theilluminaire , Mortiferus_Rosa , zachi , Vasbear1 , rockleemyhero , silvereh|
Glen Elendra Liege Discussion
1 month ago
Interesting idea. As a Faerie Tribal EDH player, may I suggest a few changes to really go all out on the Faerie theme?
- Pitch 2x Spellstutter Sprite and replace with 2x Glen Elendra Archmage.
- Pitch 2x Spell Snare for 2x Disallow. Pitch the other 2 for 2x Spell Pierce.
- Pitch 2x Remand for 2x Faerie Trickery.
- Pitch 2x Ancestral Recall for 2x Brainstorm.
- Pitch 1x Fatal Push for 1x Faerie Tauntings.
- Pitch 1x Island for 1x Faerie Tauntings.
- Pitch 2x Wydwen, the Biting Gale for 2x Glen Elendra Liege.
- Pitch 4x Mutavault for 4x Faerie Conclave.
- Pitch 4x Darkslick Shores for 4x Secluded Glen.
I'd also recommend putting 3x Doom Blade in your sideboard, replacing the 3x Surgical Extraction with 3x Slaughter Pact, replacing the 3x Annul with 3x Stubborn Denial and the 3x Thoughtseize with 3x Notorious Throng.
Finding a way to get a couple of Faerie Impostor in there would be great too, as their requirement that you bounce a creature back to your hand is a great way to replay all those lovely ETB effects faeries like Vendillion Clique and Faerie Miscreant have. Maybe cut 1 Miscreant and 1 Scion?
4 months ago
Oh and i Really Wanted to Play Ashenmoor Liege + Creakwood Liege + Wilt-Leaf Liege + Thistledown Liege + Glen Elendra Liege + Boartusk Liege + Balefire Liege + Deathbringer Liege + Murkfiend Liege + Mindwrack Liege all in one Deck :)
4 months ago
As good as Mistbind Clique is, with so few faeries have you had problems casting and championing another faerie?
I haven't tested this but if you want to be mean I think Mistbind + Faerie Impostor + Quickling or any other creature that requires you to return a creature to your hand (Ex Aether Adept) but Quickling is the best since it has flash.
So for 6 mana you can lock out an opponent. During opponents upkeep have Have Mistbind champion the Impostor, then you can flash in Quickling to return the Mistbind returning the Impostor to the battlefield which then returns to Quickling to repeat next uptap phase.
You are also missing some pretty solid Faeries for a Fae Deck: Faerie Harbinger (tutor), Faerie Trickery (counter), Spellstutter Sprite (counter), Glen Elendra Archmage (more counters), Glen Elendra Liege (lord - great with Oona making 3/3s), Scion of Oona (Lord + Shroud), and just a fun one but Faerie Artisans basically it lets you benefit from all your opponents ETB effects sometimes you get a good creature to attack with but mostly it should be the ETB
5 months ago
Looks like a pretty good start. I feel like the general gameplan with this deck is to lay down some evasive flyers and then get out buffs on T4/5 and win in the air.
Assuming that's the direction you want to, my recommendation would be:
- Cut Faerie Harbinger, Faerie Trickery, Nectar Faerie, Oona's Gatewarden, Final-Sting Faerie and Thieving Sprite (18 total cards). These are all cards that either don't really further the game plan, have too high of an opportunity cost, or can't attack.
- Add 2-3 more lands (Creeping Tar Pit, Evolving Wilds or just more Islands))
- Add a few hard removals (Doom Blade, Fatal Push, etc)
- Add a 4th copy of Spellstutter Sprite
- Consider swapping Coat of Arms for the 4th copies of Glen Elendra Liege and Scion of Oona
That should put it at 60 cards. The idea here is to try to land creatures on turns 1 and 2, then hold up counters or Spellstutter Sprite T3 and then start dropping buffers to beat down in the air. Then you keep the handful of spot removals in case your opponent resolves a big flying/reach creature before the game can get closed out.
If you want to move in a somewhat more controlling direction, 1-2 copies of Bident of Thassa might be worth considering. In a weenie flyer deck, it can help ensure that you're drawing enough gas to rebuild if a board wipe happens.
7 months ago
And lastly some solid black zombie creatures that also fit ur pick from their grave theme :Sepulchral Primordial, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Sower of Temptation, Geth, Lord of the Vault, and maybe Avatar of Woe or Royal Assassin or Glen Elendra Liege
9 months ago
A potential reward for your Grixis EDH deck: Demon's Herald (into Prince of Thralls). The Demi-god Auras and Lieges from Lorwyn-Shadowmoor might be useful too: Helm of the Ghastlord, Fists of the Demigod, Clout of the Dominus, Glen Elendra Liege, Ashenmoor Liege, and Mindwrack Liege. There's also Dire Undercurrents.
1 year ago
My suggestions for now would be:
- Oona's Blackguard : This is fun and themed for this commander
- Glen Elendra Liege : That is nice for your tokens
- Dire Undercurrents : Serious advantage when your commander is out!
- Scion of Oona : A must have for this commander
- Rhystic Study : Great card draw engine in multiplayer
- Brainstorm : You gotta love blue for such pieces
- Metallic Mimic : A new card that fits your plans perfectly
Hope this helps you movin' forward.