|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Counter target instant or sorcery spell that targets you.
Spell mastery — If there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, you may copy the spell countered this way. You may choose new targets for they copy.
Psychic Rebuttal Discussion
3 months ago
There's consequence to using Helm of Awakening because there's nothing worse than seeing your opponents use it for their advantage. Cloud Key is 1 more mana, but allows you to make a quarter of your deck easier to cast and doesn't help you opponents. But your commander does a pretty good job of discounting 40% of the deck.
I dislike Clone Legion , it doesn't look as though it does much to help you other than giving you an experience counter. Blasphemous Act will help get you experience counters while staying pretty cheap to actually cast, plus probably doing more than Clone Legion ever will.
9 months ago
I really wonder how is this deck supposed to be competitive, as it just seems like a random bunch of cards thrown together.
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
Thanks for the suggestions on my Atraxa list. Wanted to return the favor.
I love Big Blue. It's cool to see a Teferi list that goes all-in on that theme rather than abusing the untap effect with all the Stax cards (which, I'll admit, is what I did). Also love seeing Dismiss Into Dream. One of my favorite cards that seems to rarely find a home.
A couple options you might consider:
- With the number of available mana rocks, Paradox Engine is probably really strong here. At worst, it'll let you leave mana open after casting one of your big creatures to hold up counters or other effects. It can also let you get more value out of Endbringer and it gives all of your creatures pseudo-vigilance.
- It's a bit pricey, but if Gilded Lotus is in your budget, it's makes it a lot easier to chain colored spells with Paradox Engine. Worst case, just throwing in a Commander's Sphere might not be a bad option (it only taps for 1, but at least it can cantrip, and it's colored mana).
- Since you have a lot of bounce effects Capsize might be a good option. Sadly, it's a nonbo with Dismiss into Dream, but with a bunch of mana rocks, it can just win the game on the spot with Paradox Engine.
- Another possible buyback card is Whispers of the Muse. While it's 6 mana to draw a card, the fact that it's instant speed makes it really flexible, and it can draw your whole deck with Paradox Engine.
- Any buyback card that you can go infinite on with Paradox Engine also just wins the game immediately with Endbringer as well.
- Other options for bounce are Time Elemental and Temporal Adept. They also both synergize nicely with Dismiss into Dream for repeatable removal.
- Psychic Rebuttal and Delay both seem pretty situational. You might consider just Counterspell or things like Swan Song or Arcane Denial for low-cost counters.
Some possible cuts:
- Hedron Matrix seems marginal. It's a big P/T boost, but if you're throwing it on something that can be chumped anyway, it doesn't do a lot. If you really want equipment, something like Loxodon Warhammer to give your big guys trample and gain all the life or maybe Blade of Selves to really smash the table. But you probably have enough control and beef that equipment is just not doing much for you.
- Ghostform getting 2 creatures through once may not be enough. If you're looking for evasion, maybe Thassa, God of the Sea is an option? Also helps filter your deck, although she'd almost never be a creature in this deck. It may be correct to just lean on the Rogue's Passage.
- Skittering Invasion seems like it's not likely to do much very often. If you have the mana to cast it, you had at least 6 mana to cast Teferi, at which point you probably just want to cast something big.
- Salvage Drone is a really small effect, even for 1 mana.
1 year ago
1 year ago
I'm not sold on Psychic Rebuttal here. With allied decks in archenemy, you want lots of spells that can help your allies. This one only works at all if the archenemy is targeting the Jace player. This definitely looks like a cool project though!
No data for this card yet.