|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy all enchantments.
Threshold - If seven or more cards are in your graveyard, instead destroy all enchantments, then return to play all cards in your graveyard destroyed this way.
Cleansing Meditation Discussion
4 days ago
Yo meatman87, for a competitive Tuvasa Enchantress deck, I would definitely do some reworks and go a bit more into the taxing route. Some cards I would add in already that comes to mind is:
- Rhystic Study
- Greater Auramancy
- Fertile Ground
- Carpet of Flowers
- Energy Flux
- Ground Seal / Ashes of the Abhorrent
I would also reconsider adding in Mystic Remora , it is a great card that slows down other competitive players or force you to gain card draw which is important. You should also consider other avenues to winning with Tuvasa as your 3rd line to winning if all else fails. You can do something akin to Enchanted Evening / Aura Thief or Cleansing Meditation . Three part combo with that as well as Calming Verse / Faith's Reward / Teferi's Protection . Enchanted Evening also goes well to make infinite tokesn with Ajani's Chosen .
Another line you can also go for in the Blind Obedience + Bloom Tender / Pemmin's Aura / Freed from the Real infinite extortion win. There are also cards that don't make sense with the current build so these would be the cards I would recommend cutting.
- Open the Vaults
- Kruphix's Insight
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Sword of Feast and Famine
- Sword of Fire and Ice
- Rampage of the Clans
- True-Name Nemesis
- Thassa, God of the Sea
- Eternal Witness
- Aegis of the Gods
- Abundant Growth
- Gift of Paradise
- Steel of the Godhead
- Weirding Wood
- Fortified Village
- Port Town
The cards I mentioned above either doesn't have a place in the deck your going for or isn't further accelerating your game plan. What you want to do assuming is to accumulate resources and value ahead of your opponent while preventing them to do anything. I would also say that you wouldn't actually need JTMS, Mother of Runes or Noble Hierarch as they won't trigger your draw. You also might want to consider adding in a High Market to have a kill switch for your Academy Rector . You have a couple avenues of fetching for it in the forms of Crop Rotation as well as Wargate when you add the latter in. Sylvan Scrying might also not be a bad add in as it can fetch you your Reliquary Tower / Serra's Sanctum and if you want to consider adding in Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx , those are all valuable targets.
Lemme know if you have any questions on the card reasoning or if somehting doesn't make sense to ya!~
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Looks pretty good to me. Just keep in mind that removing 3/4th of your removal spells will potentially leave you at risk of just being pounded down in the early game, especially if you don't get the colors you need. Shouldn't matter too much in our 4 player games since we all play pretty slow decks.
I see that you are liking hexproof, and I like the creatures you chose, but keep in mind that hexproof won't do anything against the boardwipes that we all run.
Lastly, you really only have 1 single win condition in your deck. I personally like to have multiple possible win conditions. Your win condition is just making one big ass beefy hexproof creature, which is fine but consider some of the combos listed below for more possible win conditions.
If your opponents are judges, another wincon is to make their heads explode with the weird board states you end up with.
4 weeks ago
- Koskun Falls More taxing effects are great for this deck.
- Comeuppance An instant speed punish for someone wanting to go all in against us.
- Crush Contraband Artifact and Enchantment spot removal, much needed addition.
Cleansing Meditation Enchantment board wipe that will usually bring all of our enchantments back.
- Thunderstaff Too slow and isn't overly useful for us since we don't go wide on the board as much, however may come back if I feel like giving our opponents creatures a +1/+0 will help us end the game sooner.
- Virtus the Veiled Not enough evasion effects in the deck to make running this guy worth it.
- Kami of Ancient Law Needed better removal; swapped out for Crush Contraband .
- Dark Petition Not enough instants and sorceries to always hit the spell mastery in this deck.
1 month ago
You can also go into a token based strategy as Estrid's untap ability can be pretty useful, though it might take some brewing to do, but it would definitely be unique!
Tuvasa is also a great commander if you really want to go the aggro route, I have a list here if you wanna check it out. It's been my most fun go to deck to play lately.
If you want any additional help feel free to let me know!
1 month ago
I like the overall idea of the deck, in fact I currently work on kind of a similar idea. Kitsune Mystic is a really sweet addition indeed since not only you can basically use it for moving around hexproof\shroud, but also for moving combat enchantments mid-combat on an unblocked creature, basically turning it into a 1-mana combat trick. However, I`d like to give couple of improvement suggestions.
1) The mana base is only 33 cards, which is extremely low. Such a scarcity of lands should have a solid reasoning, like a really solid one, for instance a ramp on the stick in form of the commander. The average agreed-upon amount is 37-38, and I do not see why this deck should be an exclusion.
2) Following up the mana base argument, I would suggest working on a ramp package, which is basically non-existing in a current version of the deck, and those cards that do ramp you are either conditional (like One with Nature ) or sub-par ( Utopia Vow ). Kestia is in , so not running ramp is a crime against humanity. I would include at least 7 more ramp cards, especially 2-mana ones, like Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder and Farseek . Ramp and better mana base provide much more consistency, and this deck is already very good with draw, so it just needs to have better chances to play the cards it has drawn. Also, just put Sol Ring in there. You would never regret it. It`s just too good.
3) The deck is overkill on creatures and enchantments. Now if the enchantments are not that much for a problem since the whole deck is built around them, and usually a deck should have around 30 cards of which it is themed around, the amount of creatures can be decreased. Now which of these should be cut is completely up to you, but in my opinion: - most of the bestow creatures are not as effective as you would want them to be. Most of them are either just sub-par cards ( Boon Satyr ) or just overpriced copies of enchantments that you already have in the deck (i. e. Hopeful Eidolon Ghostblade Eidolon Hypnotic Siren ); - Nylea's Colossus , although being a really sweet card, seems unreliable. 7 mana in a deck with virtually no ramp is just so far into the future, and you have to spend your whole turn to cast it. Plus, you already have a lot of enchantments, so pumping a dude to lethal numbers should be pretty easy already; - Celestial Ancient seems to lack synergy with the deck as a whole. I can see only 3 token producers and a Starfield of Nyx , which, by the way, is also a controversial inclusion since many enchantments in the deck are auras.
4) I would also try and squeeze in more unconditional removal. I see you have most of your removal in form of Pacifism type enchantments, that have better synergy with enchantresses, however I would argue that since you have so many enchantress type effects and enchantments in general that those cards can be swapped for more reliable and consistent removal like SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES Path to Exile and Return to dust. Also I`d also include couple more board wipes because they are basically your safety nets if you fall behind in the game. One sweet thing you can actually do is to include Calming Verse , Aura Thief and Cleansing Meditation , cast one of these along with Enchanted Evening and basically watch your opponents scoop as they lose all their stuff.
I have a lot more tunings to suggest, but they become much too subjective from here, so yeah, there you go.
1 month ago
Cheating of mana cost is probably the most powerful thing you can do for dragons. My Ur-Dragon deck abuses a lot of free summoning mechanics or severely reduces their mana cost.
Cream of the Crop, Sensei's Divining Top, Brainstorm, Sylvan Library, Lim-Dul's Vault, and Congregation at Dawn all set the top of your deck with whatever cards you want. In this deck that's going to be dragons 90% of the time.
Lurking Predators, Descendants' Path, and Intent, The Dreamer all let you play the top card of your library for free or for a severe discount. I also run Wild Pair to slam down multiple dragons a turn. Belbe's Portal, Hunting Grounds, and Quicksilver Amulet also let cheat them into play at instant speed and for less mana then their casting costs. Selvala's Stampede creates a conundrum at the table and usually lets you drop several permanents from your hand into play and get one creature off the top. Fist of Suns and Jodah, Archmage Eternal let you cast anything for 5 which is a significant discount on your commander and other cards.
Alternatively you can run a great graveyard based package with Reanimate, Animate Dead, Strands of Night, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Buried Alive, Entomb, Life from the Loam and other dredge cards and always tutor for Scion and Bladewing to get that all going.
I've always found dragons biggest weakness is their lack of interaction with what your opponents are doing. Aura Shards, Sarkhan's Unsealing, Warstorm Surge, Cyclonic Rift, Toxic Deluge, Cleansing Meditation, Vandalblast, and Austere Command take care of our opponents game plans swiftly with little or no impact on our board.
1 month ago
The deck looks sweet. May i make a few suggestion? First off looking at the list you are playing a good amount of enchantments. I do not however see a Sigil of the Empty Throne. Also I think that Dovin is fine as well as Tezz. I also like Jace, the Mind Sculptor as a win con as well as a sudo protection. Also unless I missed it but Celestial Colonnade is great. Runed Halo can get needs to be answered if you name a commander. (Alot of these suggestions are going to be based on how competitive your play group is.) Also if you need to wrath the board Starfield of Nyx is a great win con. Again this is all based on if you wanna go full enchantment. There is also a sweet little combo with Aura Thief and Enchanted Evening also Cleansing Meditation can be awesome. If you are running Flagstones of Trokair. May i suggest Crucible of Worlds and Field of Ruin. Also Vesuva is great here. Grasp of Fate is also great. If you wanna be mean. Granted that this is a stax deck I think you wanna be mean. Again these are all just suggestions. The deck can be played to your liking. Good luck brewing. Also If you would not mind looking at my deck list here. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurs-altar-of-dementia/
Cleansing Meditation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%