Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Legendary Creature — Angel
Radiant, Archangel gets +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield.
Recommendations View more recommendations
3 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
7 months ago
This has probably been discussed to death, to absolute death, but still, it's fun, so...what are some of your favorite plays, combos, turns, or strategies in EDH? It could be anywhere from thoracle wins to ninjas ninjitsuing in out of nowhere.
I think one of my favorites is playing Concerted Effort before combat and watching my boardstate evolve : ) Pristine Angel all Akromas, Radiant, Archangel they're all pretty good, but they all go a little nuts with the effort. I especially like pristine angel because usually I can get vigilance onto it and then my board is really mean looking. Plus, angels are powerfully classy, in my opinion, and I do love a good angel deck.
That being said, what are some of your favs. I guess I meant this for EDH because that's where big plays make their beds, but anything and everything is welcome.
Have a good one today, everyone!
10 months ago
Hi mlequesne, thanks for the compliment! And also much thanks for the suggestions! Radiant, Archangel is clearly a great pick as it is buffed on auto mode. Not sure about Overseer cmc wise maybe, I'll have to take out some token generators or one of my boardwipe protections ... hmmm. But much appreciated!
10 months ago
See you around :)
1 year ago
Personal experience within my own playgroup? Mono-colored decks, any of them, can all be built very well even outside of cEDH. But, it may take some time to tune and refine them to that point. I've got Omnath, Locus of Mana , Torbran, Thane of Red Fell , Radiant, Archangel , Thada Adel, Acquisitor , and Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon , and they all play well with a variety of card draw, removal, ramp, etc. But, one of the best decks I play against is a God-Eternal Oketra deck. It can turn out an army of creatures incredibly quickly, almost always has a few cards in hands plus a nice suite of removal. I think that like any other EDH deck, mono-colored decks can almost always be adjusted and optimized and fiddled with to get a great end result, but it just take the time of playing with the deck to figure out what you need.
1 year ago
I have a Radiant, Archangel pEdh deck which is pretty fun. (Yes I know the paper printing is rare, but she has an uncommon printing.) I’ve played it against regular EDH decks and it usually loses but sometimes it wins and no one is upset about being killed by flying tribal.
1 year ago
Ok, heeeeeeereee weeee GO!!
- Conclave Mentor
- Elite Scaleguard
- Zada, Hedron Grinder
- Sprite Dragon
- Viral Drake
- Bloodthirsty Aerialist
- Foundry Inspector
- Radiant, Archangel
- Battle Squadron
- Kabira Vindicator
- Nephalia Smuggler
- Benalish Heralds
- Llanowar Tribe
- Goblin Ringleader
- Callow Jushi / Jaraku the Interloper
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy
- Twinblade Paladin
- Reverent Hoplite
- Jubilant Mascot
- Mischievous Chimera
2 years ago
Epicurus: Awesome suggestions! I too remember the days of getting slammed by Radiant, Archangel and being unable to respond due to Blinding Angel haha! Great list of suggestions, some of which will definitely hit the maybeboard. I had two Moats when I was a kid; definitely wouldn't of traded them if I had've known.. xD