Creature — Vampire Rogue
Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Bloodthirsty Aerialist.
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Bloodthirsty Aerialist occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Bloodthirsty Aerialist Discussion
1 month ago
If you want to go to the angel sub-theme with life gain, then why are you not playing Lyra Dawnbringer? Pump the angels and give them lifelink. Herald of War can also help you get the board filled with angels.
Just too bad there is no cheap thing to prevent all your creatures to die from a single board wipe! Something in the form of a permanent that gives your team indestructible like Sephara, Sky's Blade! Too bad that there is no angel you can play for single mana just like Sephara, Sky's Blade with tapping a few creatures you made with something like Lingering Souls. Ow, wait there is a good one for that... !Sephara, Sky's Blade!
What I also think is that you are hard to attack well. You will have a field and you can hit hardback with revenge. Becoming the monarch is the way to get card draw. Court of Grace & Court of Ambition can help you with that.
You are trying to slowly gain value, get a big board and kill your opponents over the long game. How about you stop others from gaining life with Erebos, God of the Dead.
If you play multiple colours you can use Field of the Dead :).
1 month ago
This deck functions both as a creature aggro deck and as a midrange deck. For this reason Healer's Hawk and Leonin Vanguard fit both roles perfectly as they are early beaters and give you the important gain life trigger and most importantly allow you go get the trigger each turn. While Ajani's Welcome only allows you to get a trigger when you cast a creature, which will happen less often the more the game goes on. And also it does nothing for the aggro element of the deck.
I was skeptical of Fountain of Renewal as well, but it gives you reach in the form of getting the trigger every turn while you wait for your creatures to get big enough to crush your opponent which can be pretty handy on the defense. Also 4X Bloodthirsty Aerialist are already in the deck.
2 months ago
Version 2.4. Zendikar rising draft best picks. -Pious Interdiction, +Luminarch Aspirant // -Tidings, +Field Research // -Sigiled Starfish, +Glasspool Mimic Flip // -Bone to Ash, +Jwari Disruption Flip // -Toll of the Invasion, +Malakir Rebirth Flip // -Scalding Cauldron, +Cliffhaven Kitesail // -Rampaging Rendhorn, +Scute Swarm // -Leafkin Druid, +Lotus Cobra // -Fierce Witchstalker, +Oran-Rief Ooze // -Gift of Paradise, +Reclaim the Wastes // -Chandra, Novice Pyromancer, +Inordinate Rage // -Bloodthirsty Aerialist, +Hagra Constrictor.
2 months ago
It's weird, Optimator but Scion of the Swarm actually doesn't feel like much of an upgrade. It has no Lifelink and costs 5 cmc so it kinda doesn't break the bar for The Goth Mafia at this point on first inspection. Rather have something cheaper that starts smaller. The built in Flying is nice, but Bloodthirsty Aerialist just made it in and is vastly superior e.g. I appreciate the idea though!
2 months ago
Ok, heeeeeeereee weeee GO!!
- Conclave Mentor
- Elite Scaleguard
- Zada, Hedron Grinder
- Sprite Dragon
- Viral Drake
- Bloodthirsty Aerialist
- Foundry Inspector
- Radiant, Archangel
- Battle Squadron
- Kabira Vindicator
- Nephalia Smuggler
- Benalish Heralds
- Llanowar Tribe
- Goblin Ringleader
- Callow Jushi / Jaraku the Interloper
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy
- Twinblade Paladin
- Reverent Hoplite
- Jubilant Mascot
- Mischievous Chimera
2 months ago
There are also tons of other cards that get counters when you gain life such as, Sunbond, Light of Promise, Ajani's Pridemate, Wall of Limbs, and Bloodthirsty Aerialist which can all become problems very quickly since its per trigger of life gain.
You could also look into more spells that trigger at the end of turn if you gained a certain amount of life. Resplendent Angel, Regna, the Redeemer, Regal Bloodlord, Angelic Accord, the new Witch of the Moors, and Griffin Aerie.
And then adding more consistent forms of life gain will let you get more triggers therefore making you a bigger threat. Drana's Emissary, Shattered Angel, Soulmender, Nyx-Fleece Ram, Ajani's Mantra, Ajani Goldmane, and Palace Siege.
Finally, I've seen enough people win with Felidar Sovereign not to recommend it to any life gain deck.
3 months ago
Have you considered cheaper payoff cards like Speaker of the Heavens over Bloodthirsty Aerialist? Maybe Ranger of Eos or Ranger-Captain of Eos to tutor some of your many 1-cmc creatures. Also I would think going into BW would be for more controlly cards, since im not sure how good Banehound, Blood Scrivener and Bloodthirsty Aerialist are. If you want extra removal, you can add Fatal Push. For extra tokens besides Spectral Procession, theres Lingering Souls. And for more hand control you could add Tidehollow Sculler instead of Thoughtseizes (since you can curve out a turn 1 SS and a turn 2 sculler)
3 months ago
If you'd like some inspiration for your list, I have 2 Orzhov lists you can look at that I like. This one is more in tune with what you're looking to do, this other one is more based discouraging the opponent from doing anything by playing cards that make them lose life for interactions. Might be worth checking out!
- Baneslayer Angel (Good in a vacuum, not great for what this list wants to do. A touch too slow.)
- Tymaret, Chosen from Death (Too cute. Functionally he doesn't bring you closer to your Vito win-con, and his ability isn't really what you'd want to be spending mana on to do so.)
- Ill-Gotten Inheritance (I see what you're going for here, but it also feels too cute. It's not bad, just not fantastic either.
- Basri Ket (He's just making bad cards better. He's unnecessary for your Vito win-con.)
- Evolving Wilds (This can easily be swapped for Fabled Passage, does the same thing but can have lands enter untapped.)
- Radiant Fountain (You're not going to be finding this on the draw, and doesn't really help you otherwise. Might as well swap that for another Swamp)
- Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence (All for these, but for the amount of 1-3 drop creatures you're looking to play, it would seem like you're going to be running into some mana issues. Would absolutely put in some Godless Shrine for this list since you can just heal back the damage it deals anyhow)
- Griffin Aerie (Another cute card. I get what you're going for with it, but I don't know how well it helps you get into your Vito win-con.)
- Light of Hope (Feels a bit niche. Not quite cute, just niche. There's likely better cards than this.)
As a general note, decent cards that make bad cards better aren't the answer. Look at how your win condition is typically met, and find more direct and impactful ways to influence it.
Cards You Got Right
- Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose (Duh)
- Heliod, Sun-Crowned (Definitely works in your favor, just gotta watch out for your devotion.)
- Mangara, the Diplomat (Interesting card, definitely can serve as a nice draw engine against aggro decks)
- Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (He's great utility, and 100% sets you up to get a bunch of Vito triggers)
- Healer's Hawk (Staple lifegain creature, is super easy to get down and make use out of)
- Heartless Act or Eliminate (Could be a replacement for Mortify, as both are cheaper and have a little more use)
- Fabled Passage (See above for Evolving Wilds)
- Godless Shrine (See above for Scoured Barrens and Temple of Silence)
- Rhox Faithmender (A nice addition to the list, makes the Vito triggers hit even harder)
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride (Nice way to gain life, and he can easily sweep the board if he needs to)
- Ajani's Pridemate and/or Bloodthirsty Aerialist (Plays into that 'Whenever you gain life, put a 1/1 on a creature' thing you seem to like)