Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
This spell costs less to cast during your end step.
Destroy target creature or planeswalker you don't control. Put 1 +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature you control.
Kukkakaali on Tuhmeliinit Cube
2 years ago
Version 2.5. No more oyster: - Jaya's Greeting + Young Pyromancer - Chandra's Pyreling + Risk Factor - Chandra's Spitfire + Heartfire Immolator - Spelleater Wolverine + Warlord's Fury
- Aven Eternal + Blink of an Eye - Giant Oyster + Talrand's Invocation - No Escape + Vapor Snag - Witching Well + Mistral Singer - Of One Mind + Peek
Version 2.6. Kaldheim and Strixhaven boosters: - Colossus Hammer + Access Tunnel - Camaraderie + Fall of the Impostor - Cliffhaven Kitesail + Hall of Oracles
- Kin-Tree Invocation + Binding the Old Gods - Boneyard Lurker + Infuse with Vitality - Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner + Moritte of the Frost - Incubation / Incongruity + Quandrix Cultivator - Spellheart Chimera + Prismari Command - Final Payment + Humiliate - Zealous Persecution + Killian, Ink Duelist - Kaya, Bane of the Dead + Closing Statement
- Parhelion Patrol + Glorious Protector - Oppressive Rays + Doomskar - Pouncing Lynx + Codespell Cleric - Inspiring Captain + Leonin Lightscribe
- Concentrate + Behold the Multiverse - Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor + Saw It Coming
- Fleshbag Marauder + Brackish Trudge - Blight-Breath Catoblepas + Sheoldred, Whispering One - Audacious Thief + Unwilling Ingredient - Hagra Constrictor + Tergrid, God of Fright Flip - Blood Beckoning + Go Blank - Murder + Poison the Cup - Lazotep Reaver + Umbral Juke - Herald of the Dreadhorde + Feed the Serpent
- Inordinate Rage + Infuriate - Heightened Reflexes + Claim the Firstborn - Furious Rise + Tormentor's Helm - Syr Carah, the Bold + Breakneck Berserker - Fire Servant + Rune of Speed
- Ranger's Guile + Snakeskin Veil - Reclaim the Wastes + Big Play - Scute Mob + Dragonsguard Elite - Loathsome Chimera + Regrowth
Sorin_Markov_1947 on Strixtwitch
2 years ago
Wow, this deck has gotten some good suggestions before I even come in!
With DanMcSharp's (good) suggestion about Elite Spellbinder taken, you now have 5 copies of it between your main board and your sideboard. It's not really a sideboard card, so you may as well take it out of there entirely. Kunoros also isn't great for a sideboard (although he is a good pupper). If you want graveyard hate, put Cling to Dust or Weathered Runestone . Kunoros is easily removed from the battlefield, especially as many graveyard-based decks will be running black, the color of amazing removal.
Since this is a low average CMC deck, you don't really want tapped lands most of the time. I'd recommend removing the temples for more basics or for some of the new Snarls, if you have them/don't mind crafting them.
Shadrix Silverquill is not a good card imo. Let's think about some possible scenarios:
You don't use his ability. He's now a 2/5 flying double strike. At that point, just play Baneslayer Angel . Even with the counters in the deck, it's better.
You give your opponent a 2/1 flying. That blocks your biggest flier, which may be Shadrix. So that ability basically blanks his attack for the turn.
You give your opponent a card for a life. Easily his best mode, but now you've given your opponent card advantage. You can't really afford that in a deck that already lacks a lot of card advantage methods.
Your opponent's creatures get larger. Situationally the best. However, your opponent either isn't a creature-based deck (and so has removal for Shadrix or is already losing badly), or will be racing you with their ground creatures, in which case the counters really help. Sure, you'll be getting some benefit from Shadrix too, but the floor of the card is very low. I don't think it's competitively viable.
Your only real creature to sacrifice to Village Rites is Eyetwitch . I'm not sure that's enough to justify having it in the deck, but use your experience and judgement to decide if you're getting good use from the card or if it's just better to find something else. Same thing with Eyetwitch itself, actually. It's your only learn-related card right now. I think you should either find more learn cards or ditch the mechanic altogether. Only having three copies of something that learns is not worth having that many lessons in the sideboard.
Closing Statement feels... Okay. Your own end step is possibly the worst time possible to remove a creature, and five mana for a Murder that hits planeswalkers and a +1/+1 counter is not a good rate. I'd recommend Bloodchief's Thirst instead, or more Heartless Act s.
Blot Out the Sky is a possible finisher if you find you struggle to close out games or need a mana sink late in the game. At X=3 it's pulling a decent rate, and past that you're just getting value.
Those are my initial thoughts on the deck. I still feel like it's missing a big insta-win card to make the deck great, but for a homebrew, it's not a bad list. +1 from me.