|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Wizard
((G/U) can be paid with either (Green) or (Blue).)
(1)(Green): Move a +1/+1 counter from target creature onto another target creature with the same controller.
(1)(Blue): Attach target Aura enchanting a permanent to another permanent with the same controller.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Simic Guildmage Discussion
1 month ago
Original deck prior to any updates:1x Battlefield Scrounger, 4x Burgeoning, 2x Dizzy Spell, 1x Elixir of Immortality, 1x Fastbond, 9x Forest, 4x Forgotten Ancient, 4x Horn of Greed, 4x Howling Mine, 7x Island, 1x Mox Emerald, 1x Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, 1x Pendelhaven, 3x Plaxcaster Frogling, 4x Primordial Hydra, 2x Rites of Flourishing, 2x Shielding Plax, 2x Simic Growth Chamber, 2x Simic Guildmage, 1x Time Warp, 3x Tropical Island, 1x Zuran Orb
4 months ago
Squire is enchanted with Cloak of Invisibility and it phases out. I then use Simic Guildmage second ability to move cloak of invisibility to another creature. Does squire phase in next upkeep or stay phased out?
do equipped equipments fall off phased out creatures?
4 months ago
- Squire enchanted with Frozen is blocked and dealt damage by Eager Cadet.
- Frozen's last ability triggers and is put on the stack.
- In response to this trigger, you activate the second ability of Simic Guildmage, choosing to move Frozen to another target: Hill Giant.
- Assuming nobody else does anything, last on the stack resolves first, and Guildmage's effect resolves moving Frozen to its new target, Hill Giant.
- Triggers resolve independently of their source, so Frozen's last effect resolves killing Squire.
(2) If Glory Seeker blocks Squire enchanted with Frozen, you may choose to activate Guildmage's second ability before combat damage and move Frozen. However, if damage is dealt, then it is too late and you can't do this.
(3) I'm not entirely sure on this one, so Epochalyptik please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Flux's trigger is put on the stack during the beginning of the upkeep.
- At this point, you may choose to respond to the trigger and move it with Guildmage's second effect.
- Assuming no one has any other responses, Guildmage resolves first and moves Flux to Hill Giant.
- Flux's trigger resolves independent of its source, and your opponent may either pay Squire's mana cost or sacrifice it because it was the object of the ability when it first triggered.
- Because Flux has already triggered once, it will not trigger again this upkeep on its new target, Hill Giant.
(4) At this point, I think you might be catching on to the pattern.
- You activate Weight of Conscience enchanted to Squire, and its ability is put on to the stack.
- In response, you also activate Guildmage's second ability to move Weight of Conscience to Hill Giant.
- Assuming no one does anything else, last on the stack resolves first, and Guildmage's effect moves Weight of Conscience to Hill Giant.
- Weight of Conscience's effect resolves independent of its source, removing the original target from the game, not the creature it is currently attached to.
Hope that helps!
4 months ago
I have a few questions with Simic Guildmage second ability.
Squire is enchanted with Frozen Solid and attacks. He's blocked and is going to be dealt damage. Is there any way for me to have forzen trigger but then move to a different creature to prevent frozen from going to the graveyard with squire?
I'm trying to prevent my aura's being destroyed, so in a similar scenario to question 1, can I use Guilty Conscience?
Activate Weight of Conscience then move it to another creature?
Lastly, can a creature get dealt 2 damage while enchanted with Illusory Wrappings then moving the illusory wrappings
4 months ago
Let me start by saying that you have picked a great commander. I like Momir Vig, Simic Visionary. He is so much fun, as long as you don't mind shuffling alot. Here's my Simic deck Simic Toolbox for a reference.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary let you build a toolbox deck that has many options and deal with a wide variety of threats. Let's use that.
I'm going to start with basic strategy, then move onto what to remove, and then what to consider putting in.
Due to the likelyhood of Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Gaea's Blessing, or Elixir of Immortality being in an opponent's deck, the mill stategies tand to not work well in commander games. Especially multi-player games. Now, I'm not saying that you can't mill the opponents, just don't rely on that stategy too much.
Additionally, you should be in the 34 to 38 lands range. Only having 29 lands could really slow you down. Don't rely on mana creatures because opponents will target them to hinder you.
I would remove the following:
Blanchwood Armor, only sees forest, auras aren't that good in commander, and there are better options.
Curse of the Bloody Tome, only works on a sinlge opponent.
Khalni Heart Expedition, there are much moer efficient land seach methods.
Ring of Kalonia and Ring of Thune, there are better equipments and other artifacts to consider.
Gridlock, weak tap target permanent ability. Too much of a mana sink.
Gatecreeper Vine, Creatures with defender can't attack and in later parts of the game, just disappoint more often than help. The search for a gate only nets one card.
Skullwinder helps your opponents as much as it helps you.
Wood Elves only finds a forest. Borderland Ranger, Sylvan Ranger, or Farhaven Elf may be better options. And/Or add Breeding Pool.
Without haste, creatuers that have tap abilities are just targets until they lose summoning sickness. Let's minimize those.
Boreal Druid, Kiora's Follower, Llanowar Elves, Merfolk Mesmerist are all cards to consider cutting for lands or stronger creatures.
These are maybe remove or maybe keep, depends on where you want to focus:
Fertile Ground, more land would be better.
Ghostly Touch, better ways to untap a permanent
Paragon of Eternal Wilds, only sees green creatures.
Now for the toolbox creatures. Let's really expand on your +1 counters theme. In no particular order:
From my deck, look at Cytoplast Manipulator, Cytoplast Root-Kin, Cytospawn Shambler, Forgotten Ancient, Helium Squirter, Plaxcaster Frogling, Spike Feeder, Spike Weaver, Triskelion.
Additionally Armorcraft Judge, Baloth Pup, Oran-Rief Hydra, Ainok Guide, Avatar of the Resolute, Battlefront Krushok, Hooded Hydra, Experiment Kraj, Fertilid are all fun cards with abilities that capitalize on counters.
Mystic Snake gives you a repeatable counterspell when you have Roaring Primadox or a Crystal Shard on the field.
Murkfiend Liege, makes everything stronger and untaps your dudes each turn. Truly obnoxious with a Hair-Strung Koto in play.
Gilder Bairn can accelerate your creatures and planeswalkers. But to really abuse it you need a Holdout Settlement, Springleaf Drum or Hair-Strung Koto in play to tap it.
Sphinx of Magosi has been a favorite of mine in commander decks. Flyer, card draw, and keeps gettign bigger.
Omnibian is a good way to remove an opponents blocking creature by reducing it to a 3/3 after blockers are declared and before damage happens.
Simic Guildmage is good for the counters, but if you really want to run some auras then he gets better.
Other cards to consider:
Crystal Shard lets you block and then bounce a creature you control so that you can reuse the 'enters the battlefield' triggers.
Durable Handicraft give you an option to put a counter on any creatures as it enters the field.
Hardened Scales is a great card in this deck and is cheaper than Doubling Season.
Halimar Depths, Khalni Garden, Llanowar Reborn, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Temple of Mystery and Treetop Village have always been good to me.
Simic Growth Chamber lets you bounce the Halimar Depths, Khalni Garden or a tapped basic. Also retriggers the landfall cards.
Writing this up has made me want to get off my chair and go build my Simic commander deck. Thanks!I hope that these suggestions help you. As always, temper these suggestions with your collection and your budget. Feel free to take a look at my decks and let me know what you think.
6 months ago
No CoCo to top the curve? I also wonder if you can find the value if you don't draw into Hardened Scales, or if you just burn your hand playing mana dorks. Hard to tell, it's the kinda deck I'd want to play before making many suggestions. Either way, Metallic Mimic and warrior elves...pretty tech.
8 months ago
Dude I love this!! +1
I'd find a way to work that Roil Elemental into your main deck. That's a good card.
As for new cards:
Simic Guildmage could be put to interesting use with his second ability.
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver would work pretty well too if you're willing to splash black.
10 months ago
Some possibilities: Sigarda's Aid, creatures such as Argothian Enchantress or Mesa Enchantress, Darksteel Citadel, maybe Simic Guildmage or Aura Finesse. Do any of those look right? You say colorless-- was + in there? That's the only Enchantment that doesn't require colored mana.